Issue with my SKY box being connected to XB1

Discus and support Issue with my SKY box being connected to XB1 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For some reason which makes very little sense to me, if I change channel on my TV (in my bedroom) with the one guide, it changes the channel on the TV... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by McArtist93, Oct 9, 2014.

1. McArtist93
    McArtist93 Guest

For some reason which makes very little sense to me, if I change channel on my TV (in my bedroom) with the one guide, it changes the channel on the TV in the living room! It's not even connected to the box in the living room obviously. So why does this happen.

It will also turn the living room SKY box off if I have mine set to toggle.

:)

McArtist93, Oct 9, 2014
  2. ash2k83
    ash2k83 Guest
    BBC iPlayer and the Xbox One

Dark, for you then sky go on XB1 would be ideal for the reasons you said if you wanted to watch on demand.

Anyone with the Sky box connected to the router wouldn't need Sky Go.

ash2k83, Oct 9, 2014
  3. 3d Blu rays

I have my X1 connected to my sky box, and it plays the 3D channel without any problems. At the moment most of the sky boxes don't support Dolby sound through HDMI, so the issue with the Beta sound isn't a problem for a lot of people in the UK anyway.

davemcdonald1, Oct 9, 2014
  4. McArtist93
    McArtist93 Guest

Wow literally nothing? Great support.

McArtist93, Oct 24, 2014
  5. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    Hey there McArtist93!

Sorry to hear about the OneGuide issue. That sounds very strange! Could you provide us the model of the Sky box you are mentioning? Does the Sky box you use match the Sky box in your living room?

Does this happen only with OneGuide? Let's start with plugging your Sky box directly into your TV and remove the Xbox One from the equation for now. If you keep seeing the issue, it sounds like it is with your Sky box and you would want to
    contact Sky's support. If the removing the console resolves the issue then post so we can continue troubleshooting!

Mister Beep, Oct 24, 2014
  6. McArtist93
    McArtist93 Guest
    My Sky box in my room is a DRX890-R and the one in the living room is a DRX890-C

It does only happen with OneGuide, using my Sky remote has no effect on the Sky box in the living room.

It is absolutely an issue with the Xbox and not the Sky box as I have had the Sky in my room for a long time, and never had any issues.

I only noticed this was an issue after the september update, because it was (as far as I can remember) the first time OneGuide was of any use in Ireland.

McArtist93, Oct 25, 2014
  7. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    If you plugged your cable box directly into your TV and the issue didn't persist, follow these steps below to reset TV settings for OneGuide. This will take you to the beginning and you will be able to set up your cable box again, which would be a great
    place to start.

• On your Xbox One controller, select Settings.
    • In the Settings menu, select TV & OneGuide.
    • In the TV & OneGuide menu, select Troubleshooting.
    • From here, Select 'Reset TV settings' and go through the process to set up your cable box with OneGuide.
    Try the steps above and post back to let us know how it goes! Thanks!

Mister Beep, Nov 1, 2018
  8. Mister Beep Win User

If you plugged your cable box directly into your TV and the issue didn't persist, follow these steps below to reset TV settings for OneGuide. This will take you to the beginning and you will be able to set up your cable box again, which would be a great
    place to start.

• On your Xbox One controller, select Settings.
    • In the Settings menu, select TV & OneGuide.
    • In the TV & OneGuide menu, select Troubleshooting.
    • From here, Select 'Reset TV settings' and go through the process to set up your cable box with OneGuide.
    Try the steps above and post back to let us know how it goes! Thanks!
  9. Mister Beep Win User

Hey there McArtist93!

Sorry to hear about the OneGuide issue. That sounds very strange! Could you provide us the model of the Sky box you are mentioning? Does the Sky box you use match the Sky box in your living room?

Does this happen only with OneGuide? Let's start with plugging your Sky box directly into your TV and remove the Xbox One from the equation for now. If you keep seeing the issue, it sounds like it is with your Sky box and you would want to
    contact Sky's support. If the removing the console resolves the issue then post so we can continue troubleshooting!
  10. McArtist93 Win User

My Sky box in my room is a DRX890-R and the one in the living room is a DRX890-C

It does only happen with OneGuide, using my Sky remote has no effect on the Sky box in the living room.

It is absolutely an issue with the Xbox and not the Sky box as I have had the Sky in my room for a long time, and never had any issues.

I only noticed this was an issue after the september update, because it was (as far as I can remember) the first time OneGuide was of any use in Ireland.
  11. McArtist93 Win User

Wow literally nothing? Great support.
  12. ash2k83 Win User

BBC iPlayer and the Xbox One

Dark, for you then sky go on XB1 would be ideal for the reasons you said if you wanted to watch on demand.

Anyone with the Sky box connected to the router wouldn't need Sky Go.
Thema:

1. Issue with my SKY box being connected to XB1 - Similar Threads - Issue SKY box

2. Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity

in XboX Insiders
    Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity: For some reason my elite series 2 controller randomly has its inputs become sensitive. For example if I try to move over 1 app it moves over 2 or 3 if does this with the sticks and d pad. Parts of...
  3. My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...: My current network status says the following services is having issues and I bought my two games online and I can't play them , what do I do !? 044a95f1-4974-4e36-a680-99a15bc1c5f5
  4. Xbox support told me to post this here brightness issues series x

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox support told me to post this here brightness issues series x: My Xbox series x I have tried everything to fix it. No settings or anything help I have tried unplugging using different port different tv different HDMI cable Unplugging factory resetting tv...
  5. Can anybody help me with this issue?

in XboX Insiders
    Can anybody help me with this issue?: Couple months ago i went to nyc to meet some family members their children had an Xbox so I logged on on my account. Everything was fine but they started kicking me off games so they can play I...
  6. Xbox having connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox having connection issues: My roommates and I have three xboxes total in our house. Two days ago they all started having the same issue. We keep getting kicked offline, and our consoles say they can't connect to the...
  7. Xbox PC issues DCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox PC issues DCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC: i cant leave my own party on xbox app pc. any sollution? submitted by /u/Euphoric_Ad3856 [link] [comments]
  8. Xbox Favorite Notification and Join Game Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Favorite Notification and Join Game Issues: I have several people on my friends list and all of them are friends with me but I have 1 friend that is favorited that will not give notifications, allow you to join his games or allow him to...
  9. Series S connection issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S connection issue: Every day after I get off work and come home and try to load up my Xbox it says that it is not connected to the Wi-Fi. I proceeded to type in the password for the Wi-Fi and get prompted with “...
  10. Keyboard and mouse dongle issue. Can I get a new dongle mail to me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Keyboard and mouse dongle issue. Can I get a new dongle mail to me: Microsoft ergonomic sculpt keyboard and mouse b37a3e19-f913-4fff-a391-66e04a89c962