Issue with my Keyboard when i plug my X Box controller

Discus and support Issue with my Keyboard when i plug my X Box controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So i don't know how to describe the whole issue but it happens only when i plug my x box controller with my laptop using cable so the issue is when i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tofik Mohammad, Nov 10, 2022.

1. Issue with my Keyboard when i plug my X Box controller

So i don't know how to describe the whole issue but it happens only when i plug my x box controller with my laptop using cable

so the issue is when i plug my xbox controller my laptop's keys working abnormal like all keys funcuwith the windows key without pressing the windows key like opening explore with Win+E so when i plug the xbox the explorer open only with pressing the key E and and all other keys working same without pressing the window key

okay my best to describe the issue and i know my English is not good so i shre the video link

https://youtu.be/yfcBNUZjsfY

*** Moved from Windows / Windows 11 / Gaming, Windows works well without Xbox Controller. ***

:)

Tofik Mohammad, Nov 10, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Tofik Mohammad,

Thanks for getting back to us.

There is a possibility that you may have been using the settings for controller that is part of the Steam's Client Beta or using the Steam's Big Picture mode for controller. Link: Steam Support :: Steam Controller Setup (steampowered.com)

I have consulted my colleague about your concern, and they have provided this similar thread that you may take as reference. Please see the answer of AwesomeVanArt on this thread: XBOX One Controller is acting as Keyboard - Microsoft Community:

"1) Launch Steam Big Picture mode

2) Open Settings > Controller > Base Configurations > Desktop Configuration

3) Here you can see that Xbox controller inputs are mapped to keyboard functions. I am not entirely sure how to set these all to null values, but I navigated to Browse Configs > Templates and selected "Gamepad" instead of "Keyboard (WASD) and Mouse"."

Hope that helps you too!

Regards,

3. Tofik Mohammad Win User

Thanks for your response

I bought this Xbox controller on Amazon it comes with a controller, a usb cable and a guide and saller says it genuine Microsoft product and also update the controller with microsoft accessories app

And i connect the controller with the same cable which come the box

here is the screen shot

[​IMG]

so i check all the updates mu USB Drivers already updated

USB Driver

[​IMG]

And i think my windows is updated to latest version

Windows Update

[​IMG]

And i'm not able to test this on another PC because i dont have it but i try this in different usb port but after some time it happening again

and i realized i face this issue only while i using xbox game bar using controller shortcut like if i press the xbox logo on controller for opening the xbox game bar and after then i press any key on keyboard so this issue happen.

and i posted all the screenshots regarding the questions
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hi Tofik Mohammad,

Thanks for the reply and update.

We appreciate the details you share and the screenshot. We just want to clarify few things:

1. May we know if the issue persists if you connect the controller wirelessly to laptop?
    2. Is this happening during gameplay?
    3. May we know if you are using Steam?
    4. Do you mind if we further isolate the issue? Please connect this controller to a Windows device.
    We look forward for your reply.

Regards,
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Hi Tofik Mohammad,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

Based on your description, you have issues with your laptop's keyboard after plugging in your Xbox Controller. We saw the video you shared and indeed, the keyboard is behaving strangely. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

To have a better understanding, we would like to further isolate your concern.

1. May we confirm if this is Microsoft branded controller? Or was this purchased through Microsoft Store?
    2. May we know if you have connected this controller using the cable it came with?
    3. Have you tried plugging it in different USB port of your laptop? Did the issue persist?
    4. Is it possible that you can test this controller to another Windows computer to see if the same behavior persists. For us to properly isolate the problem if it has something to do with your Windows laptop or the controller itself.
    5. May we ask what is the model of your HP laptop?
    Suggested Troubleshooting:

1. Install PC updates including Optional Update. Guide - Update Windows
    2. Please do the update your keyboard drivers, guide - update drivers in Windows
    3. Please install this app and see if you can connect and update your controller - Xbox Accessories - Microsoft Store Apps.
    If the above steps didn't work. Please make sure to install the updates for all your device drivers and firmware. By going to your laptop manufacturers website.

We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
Thema:

1. Issue with my Keyboard when i plug my X Box controller - Similar Threads - Issue Keyboard plug

2. Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity

in XboX Insiders
    Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity: For some reason my elite series 2 controller randomly has its inputs become sensitive. For example if I try to move over 1 app it moves over 2 or 3 if does this with the sticks and d pad. Parts of...
  3. My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...: My current network status says the following services is having issues and I bought my two games online and I can't play them , what do I do !? 044a95f1-4974-4e36-a680-99a15bc1c5f5
  4. Xbox support told me to post this here brightness issues series x

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox support told me to post this here brightness issues series x: My Xbox series x I have tried everything to fix it. No settings or anything help I have tried unplugging using different port different tv different HDMI cable Unplugging factory resetting tv...
  5. Can anybody help me with this issue?

in XboX Insiders
    Can anybody help me with this issue?: Couple months ago i went to nyc to meet some family members their children had an Xbox so I logged on on my account. Everything was fine but they started kicking me off games so they can play I...
  6. Xbox having connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox having connection issues: My roommates and I have three xboxes total in our house. Two days ago they all started having the same issue. We keep getting kicked offline, and our consoles say they can't connect to the...
  7. Xbox PC issues DCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox PC issues DCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC: i cant leave my own party on xbox app pc. any sollution? submitted by /u/Euphoric_Ad3856 [link] [comments]
  8. Keyboard and mouse dongle issue. Can I get a new dongle mail to me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Keyboard and mouse dongle issue. Can I get a new dongle mail to me: Microsoft ergonomic sculpt keyboard and mouse b37a3e19-f913-4fff-a391-66e04a89c962
  9. Xbox series x Keyboard Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x Keyboard Issues: My Xbox Series X has had a keyboard in it since I bought it no issues today decided that it won’t work anymore and also the digital keyboard plays up too the v key on the didital doesn’t work also...
  10. Issue with new Arctis 9x and xbox keyboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with new Arctis 9x and xbox keyboard: Hello, I just got the Arctis 9x. I got this headset because it connect via bluetooth and not usb dongle. I instead wanted to use that port for the usb for my xbox keyboard that connects to the...