Issue with discord on XBOX Series X

Discus and support Issue with discord on XBOX Series X in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Recently the discord option is no longer available in Parties & Chats on my xbox. It was working nicely at one point. I've tried the following and the... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by AlrightAlready1, Jul 3, 2023.

1. Issue with discord on XBOX Series X

Recently the discord option is no longer available in Parties & Chats on my xbox. It was working nicely at one point. I've tried the following and the issue still remains:

1. Fully power cycled my xbox after each of these attempts.
    2. Unlinked and relinked my discord account. From my xbox and from the app.
    3. Performed a full system reset while keeping my games.
    4. Ensured 'remote play' is configured
    5. Attempted to transfer from discord app to xbox. Initially says it worked, but will state it timed out.
    6. Reviewed network logs for blocking at the firewall and DNS levels. No changes were made from when things were working till now, and there were no noteworthy items in the logs. UPnP is disabled, but always has been and as mentioned this initially worked.

:)

AlrightAlready1, Jul 3, 2023
  2. dalton woodward Win User

Xbox Series X - Voice Chat over discord has White Noise / Digital Artifacts

Hello again,

There is not an option to uninstall discord from the Xbox Series X. Discord does not show up as an app, as it is integrated directly into the party chat functionality. Are you suggesting that I unlink the discord account?

Thanks
  3. MarvinaPerez Win User

I can't join any Discord server calls on my Xbox series X, it suddenly stopped working. How do I fix this ?

Hello JoelT3IG,my name is Marvina, I will be happy to help you.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble joining Discord voice calls on your Xbox Series X. I understand this is a frustrating issue that's been going on since April.

Based on the information you have provided, you have tried a number of solutions to solve the problem, but none of them have worked.

This suggests that the issue may be caused by a bug in the Discord software or the Xbox Series X.

Here are some things you can try to fix the problem:

Update Discord and Xbox Series X to the latest version. A recent update may have fixed the issue.

Check your Internet connection. Make sure your Internet connection is stable and has good speed.

Try joining a voice call on a PC or Mac. If you can join a voice call on another platform, the issue may be related to the Xbox Series X.

Source: https://support.xbox.com/help/friends-social-activity/parties-chat/using-discord-with-xbox

These are basic solutions to these problems, but they can lead to a solution, remember that this is a public forum where we are players like you who want to help, good luck and happy day.

Sincerely,
    Marvina.
  4. Ronnieee Win User

Just keep doing that for the mean time. Your network ports may not be opened and that is why this is happening. I would suggest opening your ports as well if the issue gets back.

Let me give you the needed ports for you to open:

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 500 (UDP)

Port 3544 (UDP)

Port 4500 (UDP)
  5. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help with your discord issue on Xbox.

Can you try doing this on another profile? Just to check if this is not related.

Try using a different network as well to check if that is not the case, if you have a mobile hotspot please test that with the console.

You can also try this:

Please Go to Settings:

> Network

> Network Settings

> Advanced Settings.

Select the alternate MAC address and then select delete/clear.

You must restart the console for the change to take effect.

And please do this:

Set DNS manually. To manually configure DNS settings, follow the steps below:

1.- Go to Settings

2.- Select Network

3.- Select Network Settings

4.- Select Advanced network settings.

5.- Go to DNS Servers, set it to Manual> enter 8.8.8.8 in the 'Primary' field and 8.8.4.4 in 'Secondary'

Thanks!
  6. AlrightAlready1 Win User

Thank you for your reply. As suggested I set my phone to just use the cellular network, and connected the xbox to it via hotspot.

The discord option returned.

I shut the xbox down, turned off the hotspot and re-connected the xbox to my home network, and Discord was available when powered up.

I didn't try the other suggestions as this appeared to address the issue.

I am concerned though; is this something that may return due to some things being blocked on my network?

You had suggested to update my DNS settings to use google's DNS servers. I'm currently using NextDNS for my DNS, and it does filter the following:

settings-win.data.microsoft.com

at.atwola.com

Which are tracking sites that I've had blocked on all my devices for quite some time.
Thema:

1. Issue with discord on XBOX Series X - Similar Threads - Issue discord Series

2. [AUDIO ISSUE] XBOX parties work with audio but not Discord Link

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    [AUDIO ISSUE] XBOX parties work with audio but not Discord Link: Well, I'm having issues. This started just today, and I did what was instructed on the help area. None of it seemed to help. When I join a voice connection, I see on my overlay someone talking,...
  3. Discord and Xbox mic issues.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Discord and Xbox mic issues.: Hello, I am treating this post/issue as a tsb. Also generally an outreach to see if there is a known fix or is being fixed, or is even being payed attention to. Discord on xbox has had this issue...
  4. Discord streaming through Xbox microphone issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Discord streaming through Xbox microphone issues: I use a Hypercloud wired stereo headset when I play Xbox. I’ve started streaming my games on Discord through Xbox, but there are issues with my microphone. The people I’m talking to on Discord say...
  5. Discord streaming audio issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Discord streaming audio issues: I tried streaming Alan wake to my friends using the discord feature and they were able to hear the music and sound effects as well as the characters talking but could not hear the narration voice...
  6. discord issues, sound krisp/no sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    discord issues, sound krisp/no sound: After i launch discord,every thing was fine, after few second, the sound like (PTS) or when somebody leave (basically every discord built-in sound) it just become krisp then later no sound, this...
  7. Discord on xbox issue any known fixes?

in XboX Insiders
    Discord on xbox issue any known fixes?: While talking to friends on different platforms during saying sentences and talking it seems my voice has to be quite loud to pick up. Is there anyway to increase my mic sensitivity? Along with...
  8. I'd like to know if the issue of discord wanting me to re link my account is an issue on...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'd like to know if the issue of discord wanting me to re link my account is an issue on...: Ive tried un linking and re linking and multiple other methods but i cant use anything discord related on xbox right now. c928bd2a-9798-40b9-87ab-77c1effc977d
  9. Discord still won’t relink on Xbox, anyone still having this issue?

in XBoX on Windows
    Discord still won’t relink on Xbox, anyone still having this issue?: I have tried every possible troubleshooting I have found on the web to try and fix this. I’m wondering if anyone is still having this same issue? e2480390-70d3-4a10-a056-38accc5cff9c
  10. How do I fix this connection issue with discord on xbox series S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix this connection issue with discord on xbox series S?: I've relinked the account multiple times and still says this when I try to open discord channels on xbox series S. I've restarted the console and relinked the account using a PC. I've looked at...