Issue with disc drive playing Blu-rays and game disc after newest Xbox Preview update

Discus and support Issue with disc drive playing Blu-rays and game disc after newest Xbox Preview update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am having an issue with my disc drive. When I put in a Blu-ray or game MOST of the time it will say, "We are having trouble reading this. Make sure... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mr humpty grump, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Issue with disc drive playing Blu-rays and game disc after newest Xbox Preview update

I am having an issue with my disc drive. When I put in a Blu-ray or game MOST of the time it will say, "We are having trouble reading this. Make sure it's a Blu-Rray or DVD. If it's a game launch it from your games and apps instead. (0x91d70000). I spoke
    with a rep and he directed me to Web Server's Default Page.com/msgs/default.aspx?MessageID=33 but I got a message that I was not a member. PLEASE HELP!

Thanks in advance.

http://forums.xbox.com/msgs/default.aspx?MessageID=33

:)

mr humpty grump, Dec 24, 2015
  2. vgdelta
    vgdelta Guest
    My XB1 sometimes doesn't read discs...

See if it will play several blu-ray movies consistently with repeated attempts inserting and ejecting the disc. If it plays the movies and not the games it's probably related to the latest update. The other known issue is the grinding noise caused by the small gear inside the drive coming out of place. I know a guy who had three Xbox One's in a row with the grinding issue.

vgdelta, Dec 24, 2015
  3. Playing discs

Welcome to the wonderful world of blu-ray.

DVD drives can speed up and slow down as required. Blu-rays however will always run at the rated speed of the drive. So while good for storage and swapping data between disc and hard drive, blu-rays are terrible for playing games off.

LodgedBonsai923, Dec 24, 2015
  4. Toxic Raven
    Toxic Raven Guest

Issue with disc drive playing Blu-rays and game disc after newest Xbox Preview update

Try launching the Blu-Ray Player software from your Apps. If it needs an update you will be prompted to download an update. If it does update, try a disk after it finishes.

Toxic Raven, Dec 25, 2015
  5. atDoc Rogers Win User

Blu Ray Problem: Cannot play Game of Thrones Season 3

The latest update did not fix the playback issue with Game of Thrones Season 3 on Blu-Ray.

Some users may encounter the error that was causing the Xbox to not read the disc, again, even after updating the Blu-Ray player app.

To work around this, fire up the Blu-Ray app with no disc in your Xbox.

You'll be prompted that there is no disc in your drive.

Insert Game of Thrones season 3 blu-ray into your drive.

Viola, and enjoy.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox One X recognizes no backwards compatible 360-disc / triggers no download

Hi,

Sounds like the laser in your console's Blu-ray drive has a hardware issue.

To test if your Xbox One X has issues reading discs, try playing a DVD movie disc. If can't read DVD movie discs either then your console has a hardware fault.

Note: It must be a DVD movie disc, not a Blu-ray movie disc.

There are two lasers in the Blu-ray drive, one for reading Blu-ray discs and one for DVD discs. Xbox One games use Blu-ray and the 360 console used a DVD drive.
  7. Obsessive Power Win User

0x8082000c, Can't play Xbox 360 Games

Hi,

Verify that your consoles drive is functioning. Try playing a DVD movie disc, not a Blu-ray disc.

If your console will not play DVD then the drive has hardware fault.

There are two lasers in the blu-ray drive. One for reading DVD and Xbox 360 games and another for Xbox One and Blu-ray discs.
  8. Toxic Raven Win User

Try launching the Blu-Ray Player software from your Apps. If it needs an update you will be prompted to download an update. If it does update, try a disk after it finishes.
  9. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox One X only reads XB1 game dvds

Hi,

The optical drive in the Xbox One is a Blu-ray drive. Xbox One discs are on Blu-ray disc, same as HD Blu-ray movies. Xbox 360 games came on DVD disc.

Oversimplifying my explanation a little, the Xbox One has separate lasers for reading DVD discs than it does for reading Xbox One blu-ray discs.

The laser that is used to read DVD's has failed. This isn't a software issue, it's a hardware one. Unfortunately you can't fix this yourself, you'll need your console repaired. Sorry.
Thema:

1. Issue with disc drive playing Blu-rays and game disc after newest Xbox Preview update - Similar Threads - Issue disc drive

2. Xbox series X has issues reading 4k bluray discs. How do I fix that??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X has issues reading 4k bluray discs. How do I fix that??: My xbox plays everything just fine but I recently purchased a 4k bluray disc and and my xbox won't read it. It attempts to read but then eventually stops. 2e6fceb2-3fd5-4ec3-b2a4-06c0ba0fccbf
  3. Original xbox 1 disc issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original xbox 1 disc issues: So, is anyone else having disc issues, where it reads discs but gives you the icon of not having the disc, but says its in while being able to play the game. Shoudl I be concerned, or should I...
  4. After restarting my xbox because of an issue causing the tray not to read discs, the...

in XBoX on Windows
    After restarting my xbox because of an issue causing the tray not to read discs, the...: Good afternoon, today my Xbox One (original) decided to randomly stop reading the disc in my disc tray. I checked the disc and it was perfectly fine. After putting the disc back into the tray, the...
  5. New mw3 disc won’t load have I got the wrong game or is the console the issue ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New mw3 disc won’t load have I got the wrong game or is the console the issue ?: mw3 disc won’t load on my Xbox one have u paid for the wrong game 9bac90d2-7124-4a01-b887-16100eb234da
  6. How do you fix a disc installation issue?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you fix a disc installation issue?: I got COD AW a few days ago, it started downloading normally as any other game would be but suddenly when it reaches to a certain percentage point where it stops downloading and no matter how many...
  7. Issue with disc installation on WD storage card

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with disc installation on WD storage card: Hi, I recently purchased a Western Digital 1TB Storage Expansion Drive for Series X from their official website, and when installing a game from the optical drive to this drive, I get an error...
  8. Xbox One S having issues with reading disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One S having issues with reading disc?: I updated my console on 11/10/23 after not being on line for several weeks. After which I wanted to play Modern Warfare on disc. When at the main screen, on the left was MWII which I have digital...
  9. Disc space issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc space issues: Hello, I have recently tried to download some aircraft and updates for MFS2020 on my xbox series x but it comes up with a message saying there isn't any disc space available. I have 2 extra...
  10. xbox x/s / xbox one disc issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox x/s / xbox one disc issue: i have the xbox series x/s / xbox one disc for call of duty cold war. i’ve looked up "can you use xbox one discs on series x" and i get the same answer of "yes" everytime, and yet, when i go to...