Issue with Child - Adult conversion

Discus and support Issue with Child - Adult conversion in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently wanted to become an adult user on Xbox to download some packs for a game that I already own, However even when my parent changes my account... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Arcanium Voice, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Issue with Child - Adult conversion

I recently wanted to become an adult user on Xbox to download some packs for a game that I already own, However even when my parent changes my account to adult and even thought my B-Day makes me an adult it just wont convert
    me to an adult user and I'm suck as a child(I've been through the support forums and read the details on how to become an adult user but those instructions aren't working either).

:)

Arcanium Voice, Jul 10, 2014
  2. Parental Controls - Approving Friend Requests

There are three accounts in total, two adult, one child. The info I gave previously was from my adult account.

I'm just checking his child and our adult statuses.

My account is Adult and his is Custom (Child setting interfered with his gaming).

LordThroplebury, Jul 10, 2014
  3. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    Child to Adult Account Conversion Not Working?

you are confusing two completely different settings

Adding your account to home console does not change it to an adult account

Only by reaching the age of 18 can you promote it by removing the parental account from the child account

If you do it before reaching the age of 18 it will not let you back in until you reads an parental account

Parental.sertings are controled by your parental.accoint not your home console

They will have to sign in on outlook or your xbox to make the changes

To use custom gamer pic you need to be an adult account no parental setting can change this

Also setting privacy settings to adult does NOt make.you an adult

ngocphi, Jul 10, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Here is a link on how to promote your account from child to adult.

support.xbox.com/.../promote-child-account

However, if the birthday that was entered on your account has not reached the age of 18 you will not be able to promote the account. Also, be aware that once entered there is no way to change the birthday on a gamertag.

onyxishere, Jul 10, 2014
  5. Yes I know about that link but like I said even after following those instructions it still does not work.

Arcanium Voice, Jul 11, 2014
  6. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Ok, if you have reached the age of 18 and you put the proper birthdate on the account when you created it so that it shows the age of 18 but you still cannot change it from child to adult you should give phone support a call so they can assist you with the
    transfer.

1-800-469-9269 or click the link below to have them call you back.

support.xbox.com/contact-us

Good luck.

onyxishere, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Arcanium Voice Win User

Yes I know about that link but like I said even after following those instructions it still does not work.
  8. onyxishere Win User

Here is a link on how to promote your account from child to adult.

support.xbox.com/.../promote-child-account

However, if the birthday that was entered on your account has not reached the age of 18 you will not be able to promote the account. Also, be aware that once entered there is no way to change the birthday on a gamertag.
  9. onyxishere Win User

Ok, if you have reached the age of 18 and you put the proper birthdate on the account when you created it so that it shows the age of 18 but you still cannot change it from child to adult you should give phone support a call so they can assist you with the
    transfer.

1-800-469-9269 or click the link below to have them call you back.

support.xbox.com/contact-us

Good luck.
  10. Stracti Win User

Parental.sertings are controled by your parental.accoint not your home console

They will have to sign in on outlook or your xbox to make the changes

To use custom gamer pic you need to be an adult account no parental setting can change this

Also setting privacy settings to adult does NOt make.you an adult
    I already tried by signing in to the parent account and removing all restrictions on this account, and it didn't work. But I DID fix it. I did it by reverting the privacy settings back to child and then resetting them to adult about 5 times and ONLY then
    did the xbox live restriction say it was in effect so I could turn it off from the parent account (prior to that it said that there was no restriction in place under the parental settings).

Tl;dr: Tried turning it off and on again. Worked on the fifth time.
  11. Stracti Win User

Oh ok, so even though it now says that it is an adult account, it will never be one? That's strange... but I can live with it. Regardless, any idea why that would somehow prevent me from online gaming? Can child accounts not normally access that? Because
    I clicked allow on my restrictions but it hasn't had any effect on it at all...
Thema:

1. Issue with Child - Adult conversion - Similar Threads - Issue Child Adult

2. XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.: Hello. First of all I understand that you support guys are working hard. But please try to read the whole post before answer. Thank you. I have an XBox gamepad which was bundled with Xbox Series...
  3. 360 live issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 live issue: i’m using the Xbox one I’m trying to play an Xbox 360 game Domino’s when I try to login. It’s telling me to check my Internet. I’m logged into the Internet on my Xbox one profile having this...
  4. I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....: This is a drive I’ve used with my Xbox for months and never had an issue. The external drive is formatted properly (NTFS) and should be in full compliance for use with Xbox. When I begin...
  5. Download speed issues...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed issues...: I have a 1gb connection, wired to my Xbox x and I usually get 200-400mbps download. Lately I have only been getting 70mbps and lower, doesn't matter what time I try, morning, day, middle of the...
  6. party issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    party issue: i can see all of my friends in an open, public lobby, but when i try to join i am met with 'your xbox profile is not able to join parties'. i have never had this issue before and i havent changed...
  7. Minecraft issues & breaks

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft issues & breaks: Hi Microsoft team, In minecraft 1.20.50, 1.20.60 or up is product some problems in resource and behavior packs, like there was an add-on when I put it in my world and enter the world the game...
  8. Oh boy more game sharing issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Oh boy more game sharing issues: I'm sure you've seen something like this before. So currently my brothers game sharing with me and he has Xbox gold. But when I try to go into any online games that take gold it takes me to that...
  9. Issues with family account adding second child profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Issues with family account adding second child profile: How do you add a second child to the family profile. I created the second child email account and now it states the child is already a part of the family but I do not see them on the family and...
  10. Child AccountSignon Issue on Meta Quest 3 Xbox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Child AccountSignon Issue on Meta Quest 3 Xbox App: My child is trying to log in their Microsoft child account on the Meta Quest 3 Xbox app and recieves a deny saying "You cannot play with a child accout", or something to that effect. I have the...