Is your console stuck on the startup screen or won't power on? Check here!

Discus and support Is your console stuck on the startup screen or won't power on? Check here! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; If you're unable to power on your console or need assistance with an Xbox One system update, we've got you covered! We have included a few scenarios... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mister Quimby, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Is your console stuck on the startup screen or won't power on? Check here!

If you're unable to power on your console or need assistance with an Xbox One system update, we've got you covered! We have included a few scenarios below as well as solutions to get your console back up and running.

Is your console not powering on or does it keep switching off?

If your console is not powering on or frequently shuts off, you might have a faulty or improperly connected power supply. Check the following links below for solutions for both Xbox One and Xbox One S consoles:

Is your console stuck on a green screen or are you receiving an error code during startup?

If your console is stuck on a green screen or is receiving an error code during startup, go through the detailed steps listed on our

Xbox One System Update
    Solution page. From there, select "I NEED TO TROUBLESHOOT A SYSTEM UPDATE ERROR" and continue to follow the steps to select either "I AM GETTING AN ERROR MESSAGE OR AN ERROR CODE" if you are receiving an error code during startup
    or "I AM EXPERIENCING A STARTUP ISSUE" if you are stuck on a green screen during startup.

Have questions about the Xbox One power supply?

If you have questions about your Xbox One power supply, check out our
    About the Xbox One power supply
    page for detailed information regarding the components of your Xbox One console's power supply unit as well as information on placement, noise, temperature and safety.

Still have questions? Go ahead and create a new support post here on the

Xbox One Console
    forum for community assistance.

:)

Mister Quimby, Oct 25, 2017
  2. xbox one 0-2 so far. No games will play

Hi, sorry you have experienced issues with the console. But before you do take it back, try power cycling your xbox one (hold power button down for 8 seconds while the console is turned on) it has been known to fix issues where the game gets stuck on the
    startup screen.

StuartATrueRed, Oct 25, 2017
  3. rsattler
    rsattler Guest
    No Disk

Hi Diz,

Is your console configured in energy saving mode or instant-on. You can check this in the Settings->Power & startup menu. Check the Power mode setting. If it is set to Instant-On, change it to Energy-saving, turn off the console (wait for the white light
    on the console to turn off completely), then power on the console. You will know that you are in energy-saving mode if you get the green Xbox One screen during boot up.

Give that a try and let us know if problem has been resolved.

Cheers!

rsattler, Oct 25, 2017
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

xbox one 0-2 so far. No games will play

Hi, sorry you have experienced issues with the console. But before you do take it back, try power cycling your xbox one (hold power button down for 8 seconds while the console is turned on) it has been known to fix issues where the game gets stuck on the
    startup screen.
  5. NiteTimeOwl3533 Win User

Xbox isn't working

Looked up the problem for startup trouble shoot

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/system-update-solution

If your console is stuck on a green startup animation screen (shown above), power cycling your Xbox One console will reset the network card and clear the cache.

1. Press and hold the Xbox button
       on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds.
    2. After the console has shut down, unplug the power cord and wait 30 seconds.
    3. Plug the console back in and turn it on by pressing the
      Xbox button .
    4. If you still see the green Xbox startup animation screen for 10 minutes or longer when the console powers back on,

perform an offline system update
  6. NiteTimeOwl3533 Win User

My Xbox turns on, but it’s stuck on the green screen with the Xbox logo on it. Need help!!!

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/system-update-solution

If your console is stuck on a green startup animation screen (shown above), power cycling your Xbox One console will reset the network card and clear the cache.

1. Press and hold the Xbox button
       on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds.
    2. After the console has shut down, unplug the power cord and wait 30 seconds.
    3. Plug the console back in and turn it on by pressing the
      Xbox button .
    4. If you still see the green Xbox startup animation screen for 10 minutes or longer when the console powers back on,

perform an offline system update
  7. XBF Diego M Win User

No signal

Hi brandonShepp,

I'd be happy to explain why this issue occurs and provide a solution that will hopefully resolve this startup problem. When you start the Xbox One console, you expect to see the green Xbox startup animation screen. During the startup
    animation, your console runs a full system check on all hardware components, validating the firmware and the operating system. This is very similar to the way a PC starts. The startup animation screen can take several minutes before transitioning to the next
    screen. If the system check fails to run the startup animation three times in a row, the console is flagged by the system as “do not run.” This will block the startup animation from running, and in its place you'll see a black screen.

In order to determine your troubleshooting steps, after pressing the Xbox button you'll need to leave your console on this black screen for at least 10 minutes.

Note A black screen doesn’t always mean that there’s an error. The system checks described above run in the background and can take several minutes to complete. This may appear to be an error since you'll only see a
    black screen, but it can be completely normal except for the absence of the green startup animation screen.

If you have waited over 10 minutes and the screen does not transition, try booting up the console in the following way:

1. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
        2. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.
        3. Press and hold the BIND button (located below the Xbox button on the console) and the
          EJECT button (located on the front of the console), and then press the
          Xbox button on the console.
          Note The Xbox One S All-Digital Edition does not have an
          EJECT
          button. You can bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter on this console by holding only the
          BIND button (steps 3 & 4) and then pressing the Xbox button.
        4. Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.
        5. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the
          BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.
        6. The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.

Please give this a try and then let us know if the console continues to experience this startup issue.
  8. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Games won't work Xbox is glitching, now screen won't even turn on!!!

This support, XBOX Insider program FAQ has helpful information on the program.

To try and get the console working again you may have to do a factory refresh which is generally required when leaving or changing preview rings.

If you've just powered on your Xbox One console, and you see a black screen instead of the green Xbox startup animation screen, leave your console on the black screen for at least 10 minutes to see what happens.

Note A black screen doesn’t always mean that there’s an error. During startup, your console runs a full system check, validating the firmware and the operating
    system. These checks run in the background and can take several minutes to complete.

To bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

1. Power off your console, then unplug the power cable to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    2. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cable back in.
    3. Press and hold the BIND button and the
      EJECT button on the console, and then press the Xbox button
       on the console.
      Note The Xbox One S All-Digital Edition does not have an
      EJECT button. You can bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter on this console by holding only the
      BIND button (steps 3 & 4) and then pressing the Xbox button
      .
    4. Continue holding the BIND and
      EJECT
      buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    5. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the
      BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.
    6. The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.

To reset your console from the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter, select
    Reset this Xbox. When prompted, select Keep games and apps. This option will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps.

If this works, you should be returned to the Home screen after the console resets. Your console should function correctly now.

If it doesn't work bring up the Startup Troubleshooting screen again but this time choose Remove Everything.

Reset console to factory defaults has further details.
Thema:

Is your console stuck on the startup screen or won't power on? Check here!

1. Is your console stuck on the startup screen or won't power on? Check here! - Similar Threads - console stuck startup

2. xbox stuck on preparing console screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox stuck on preparing console screen: my xbox is stuck on the preparing console screen after i have tried to wipe it. it has been stuck on it for atleast an hour i have tried to hard restart and power cycle it but nothing works when i...
  3. My xbox 360 console is stuck on the update screen i can't access my dashboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 console is stuck on the update screen i can't access my dashboard: my xbox 360 console is stuck on the system update stopped screen, i can't even access my dashboard and this started when i was updating it using a usb since i don't have a hard drive so i used a...
  4. Stuck at Black screen on Xbox console

in XboX Insiders
    Stuck at Black screen on Xbox console: I was getting stuck at the green Xbox screen. I did a factory reset and now it's stuck on the black screen. How do I fix this? Please and thank you. submitted by /u/uvasag [link] [comments]
  5. my console is stuck on 640x480

in XBoX on Consoles
    my console is stuck on 640x480: My console went to 640x480 resolution an i can't change it back to 1080p the option is not available under the display settings 8297adc3-b5bb-4dcd-8f3b-b45fadba5548
  6. Xbox one OG stuck at Preparing COnsole after system update today,

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one OG stuck at Preparing COnsole after system update today,: Xbox one OG stuck at Preparing COnsole after system update today, I went through all forums and steps but still the same. Now i have left with option to get OSU2 update first or OSU. Because i can...
  7. The controllers of my console were stuck with the cams up, I am already tired of this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The controllers of my console were stuck with the cams up, I am already tired of this...: The controllers of my console were stuck with the cams up, I am already tired of this happening to me, since then I can only see the screen and try to control this error to try to play but I would...
  8. Forza Motorsport: D-pad stuck when connecting fanatec wheel with the console (XBOX series X)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Motorsport: D-pad stuck when connecting fanatec wheel with the console (XBOX series X): Hi I am using a Fanatec CSL DD wheel base with Mclaren GT3 V2. I can nevigate in the console main page. However, D-pad stuck on "UP" when I am in game. With the wheel base contected, the D-pad is...
  9. my xbox app on both my phone keep getting stuck at the "Turn on your console and sign in...

in XboX Insiders
    my xbox app on both my phone keep getting stuck at the "Turn on your console and sign in...: ive turned my xbox off and on multiple times and it doesnt work. i tried it in the home screen and while a games lobby. submitted by /u/cosmicdomoto [link] [comments]
  10. I switched my hard drive to a diffrent console and I'm stuck on the "something went wrong"...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I switched my hard drive to a diffrent console and I'm stuck on the "something went wrong"...: My hdmi port broke so i got a different xbox one console, and swapped the disks with the one from my old xbox and now I can't get passed the "something went wrong" screen. I don't want to wipe it,...