Is Windows 8.1 good for gaming in Intel HD 3000 ?

Discus and support Is Windows 8.1 good for gaming in Intel HD 3000 ? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i cant like play minecraft , valorant and more like opengl games , DirectX games here are the specs i3-2348M CPU @ 2.30GHz 8 GB DDR3 256 gigabyte ssd... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Teck_ballin, Oct 19, 2023.

1. Teck_ballin
    Teck_ballin Guest

i cant like play minecraft , valorant and more like opengl games , DirectX games here are the specs
    i3-2348M CPU @ 2.30GHz
    8 GB DDR3
    256 gigabyte ssd

intel hd 3000 and i am planning to downgrade to windows 8.1

:)

Teck_ballin, Oct 19, 2023
  2. Kyle Hulton Win User

I'd probably push to Windows 10; Windows 8.1 left Microsoft's Support Lifecycle in January this year, which means you'll find it will be getting left behind on a lot of software that leans on using web-based launchers, as Windows 7/8 and 8.1 stopped getting updates for things like Chrome, Microsoft Edge etc. in January.

Your issue of not being able to play games OpenGL games is likely to be driver issue. Windows 10 can automatically get a driver for the Intel HD 3000 through Windows update which should allow you to play OpenGL games.

From personal experience, I am able to play Minecraft on a 2011 MacBook Pro with a core i5 running Windows 10 that also has the Intel HD 3000, I'm not sure about much more demanding titles like Valorant as I haven't played those. But I can say that the OpenGL issues shouldn't be present.
  3. Enzo Bueninck Win User

I keep getting an error trying to run and older version of Minecraft (Beta 1.7.3) on my laptop

I have the built in Intel HD Graphics 3000
  4. PonyWilds Win User

I can't use Xbox Game Bar

It is an Intel HD 3000 I know it is old but before the Xbox Game Bar worked well for me
  5. voteDC Win User

OutLast should be on XBOX ONE

[quote user="Mud360Elite"]I cant afford a good gaming PC either.[/quote]The system requirements for Outlast are incredibly low. It'll even run on Intel's integrated graphics, so if the desktop/laptop in your house only has Intel HD 3000 or up then you'll
    still be able to play.

CPU: 2.2 GHz Dual Core

RAM: 2 GB

Video Card: 512 MB NVIDIA GeForce 9800GTX / ATI Radeon HD 38xx series

Sound Card: Yes

Free Disk Space: 5 GB
  6. Elmenhorster Win User

My Windows 10 update doesn't have DX12

Are you sure that your graphics card supports DX12? The i5-2450M is 4 years old an has a Intel HD 3000. If your graphics card doesn't support DX12, Windows can't use it. If you want to use DX12, you need a graphics card supporting it.
Thema:

1. Is Windows 8.1 good for gaming in Intel HD 3000 ? - Similar Threads - Windows gaming Intel

2. Windows Game Bar Clip Quality worsened

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Game Bar Clip Quality worsened: Hi all, I enjoy gaming in my spare time and saving funny moments I have with mates using the game bar's shortcut to save the last 30 seconds. I've been doing it for years and usually compile a...
  3. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  4. XBOX game bar record issues, how to fix windows + alt + r not working at times

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX game bar record issues, how to fix windows + alt + r not working at times: Lately my xbox game bar screen record hasnt been working good. I usually do window + alt + r to record the last minutes of game clips but lately it hasnt been doing it as consistently. The most i...
  5. How to get the game I purchased in Windows 10 specifically in Microsoft Store from window 11 ?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to get the game I purchased in Windows 10 specifically in Microsoft Store from window 11 ?: I bought from the Microsoft Store a game on windows 10 but when I changed windows to windows 11 and then signed in to my account I couldn't find the game I bought. I searched everywhere but...
  6. I want to become a Microsoft PC games, Windows, 365, etc reseller

in XBoX on Windows
    I want to become a Microsoft PC games, Windows, 365, etc reseller: Hi, I want to sell the items mentioned in the question(especially PC games) digitally through my website in India & through Amazon India. Can you please point me to the right direction as to whom...
  7. LFG Windows Game Bar not working for Diablo 4

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    LFG Windows Game Bar not working for Diablo 4: This issue has been brought up a few time already here but haven't gotten any good traction. I've played Diablo 4 since release up to season 2 on the Xbox. So, I know what a joy it is to be able...
  8. May 15, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1001.2.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 15, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1001.2.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  9. May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  10. May 8, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.48.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 8, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.48.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]