is using a laptop with it's battery removed, and using the adapter instead safe?

Discus and support is using a laptop with it's battery removed, and using the adapter instead safe? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; hi there, i own a asus tuf gaming laptop, and recently it's battery died. I have removed the battery, but i didn't replace it. i am using my laptop's... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Steven Amel, Mar 29, 2024.

1. Steven Amel
    Steven Amel Guest

is using a laptop with it's battery removed, and using the adapter instead safe?

hi there, i own a asus tuf gaming laptop, and recently it's battery died. I have removed the battery, but i didn't replace it. i am using my laptop's charger to use my laptop. so far it has run normally without any problems.

is it necessary for me to buy a new battery?

:)

Steven Amel, Mar 29, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hello Steven,

I can't confirm this information, but, in theory, it should work.

But, I do recommend you confirm it with Asus Support since I am not sure this can cause harm to the computer.
  3. Steven Amel Win User

thanks for the reply, but are you able to tell me base on your opinion? if not then no problem.
  4. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Steven, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

It's best you confirm this with ASUS.

https://www.asus.com/support
  5. SirStephenH Win User

Controller battery pack

I'd suggest that you buy a US charger. While you might be able to get away with using an adapter it does say to use it without an adapter for good reason. Using it with an adapter can shorten the life of the battery and even be dangerous (explosion, fire,
    shock). Using it without an adapter on US current would definitely be dangerous too.

It's not really worth trying when there are plenty of safe, cheep chargers available in the US.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Is it safe to have my non gaming laptop plugged in while playing long session of games

Yes, it is safe. The laptop has circuitry in it which will prevent overcharge of the battery.
Thema:

1. is using a laptop with it's battery removed, and using the adapter instead safe? - Similar Threads - using laptop battery

2. Y when im streaming on twitch using my xbox then when i go to stream remotly on laptop to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Y when im streaming on twitch using my xbox then when i go to stream remotly on laptop to...: Need help im trying to stream Y when im streaming on twitch using my xbox then when i go to stream remotly on laptop to using a mic on the laptop it stops the stream all up tp date on laptop...
  3. Hi, Today I was recording a meeting using game recording but suddenly my laptop took...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, Today I was recording a meeting using game recording but suddenly my laptop took...: Hi, Today I was recording a meeting using game recording but suddenly my laptop took restart and i lost that recording how can i restore that ? 35300058-82da-4e73-a0b1-15ba50a6d7b6
  4. I'm trying to use my Laptop as a monitor for my Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm trying to use my Laptop as a monitor for my Xbox one: I don't have a tv right now, and I thought I might be able to use my Microsoft laptop as a monitor instead. Microsoft.com says I can through the Xbox companion app, but when I pull it up on my...
  5. Pressed network reset on my msi laptop can’t use keyboard anymore or connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pressed network reset on my msi laptop can’t use keyboard anymore or connect to internet: My msi laptop those not work anymore because network reset messed it up I can’t even use my keyboard or connect to anything I have to type with the touch screen keyboard...
  6. Is there a way to connect my Xbox to my laptop screen using HDMI

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a way to connect my Xbox to my laptop screen using HDMI: does anybody know of any ways to connect my Xbox to my laptop screen using HDMI . I heard there used to be an Xbox companion app to which I found out it was discontinued . does anyone know of any...
  7. Cannot Install or use any Xbox Apps on new laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot Install or use any Xbox Apps on new laptop: I recently purchased a new Acer Aspire 3 15 running on windows 11 and have been consistently having issues using any Xbox related app. This includes the main Xbox app and xbox gaming services....
  8. why can i play cloud gaming on my phone fine yet when i use it the same way on my laptop...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can i play cloud gaming on my phone fine yet when i use it the same way on my laptop...: there no possible screenshot as it just goes back to the home page after trying to boot up the game ea819072-62a3-4da1-979f-c918ef8d48aa
  9. how do i connect my Xbox to my laptop and use it as monitor

in XboX Insiders
    how do i connect my Xbox to my laptop and use it as monitor: i tried with xbox app but there is no icon of conection submitted by /u/U_LLLL_ [link] [comments]
  10. Can I use my ps5 controller to play Goldeneye on my gaming laptop?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I use my ps5 controller to play Goldeneye on my gaming laptop?: Im just looking to play the new goldeneye 007 remastered...hoping online multiplayer is available for it, but all I have is my ps5 controller. Can I use it to play?...