Is this ringing sound normal when xbox controller rumbles/vibrates?

Discus and support Is this ringing sound normal when xbox controller rumbles/vibrates? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just got a new controller and it’s making a ringing sound when it vibrates. Is this normal? My old Xbox one controller didn’t have this sound when... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by shotrise01, Mar 2, 2024.

1. shotrise01
    shotrise01 Guest

Just got a new controller and it’s making a ringing sound when it vibrates. Is this normal? My old Xbox one controller didn’t have this sound when vibrating . Do all new controller have this sound? Not the clicking sound in the video but the ringing. You might have to turn sound up a bit.

https://packaged-media.redd.it/qd8t...=d39e8a0db485849daabe26156b51e4cc949ad9dd#t=0

:)

shotrise01, Mar 2, 2024
  2. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello shotrise01,

Good day! Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems like you’re experiencing an unusual ringing sound when your new Xbox controller vibrates. This is not typically normal. While some noise can be expected due to the internal mechanisms that create the vibration effect, a distinct ringing sound is not common. It is possible that there is a defect with the controller, and it would be best to send it for repair or replacement. Let us help you create a service order.

Please go to this link and follow the steps to create the order: Request an Xbox controller replacement | Xbox Support

• Sign in your Xbox account.
    • Register your Xbox controller serial number to create the service order.

We hope this helps and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. If you have any other questions or issues, please let me know. We are always happy to assist you.

Have a great day and happy gaming!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Sriram_777 Win User

Xbox series X controller vibration issue

Hi. I Turned off rumble on steam preferences. It turned off rumble vibration. Just connect your controller, goto steam, settings, controller settings, preferences and turn off rumble.

This will help for fifa 22.
  4. sn2006gy Win User

Rumbling stops working on gamepad.

Hey Scofie83!

-

The controllers will usually stop rumbling when the batteries start to get low. If you replace the batteries, you should get the rumble back!

-

More notes here:

Wireless Controller doesn’t vibrate some or all of the time when playing a game

•Make sure that the game you’re playing supports vibration. Not all games support vibration of game controllers.

•If the game you’re playing does support vibration, make sure that vibration is enabled. For more information, see the user’s manual for that game.

•Make sure that the battery pack or batteries in your wireless controller are fully charged. When the controller detects that the charge in the battery pack or batteries is low, it turns off vibration to conserve the remainder of the charge.

•If you have another Xbox One Wireless Controller, try to reproduce vibration in the second controller. If the second controller reproduces the same issue, it’s likely that the game you’re using is having an issue. Consult the troubleshooting information
    for that game.

-

support.xbox.com/.../wireless-controller-functions-improperly
  5. Denman79 Win User

Controller Rumble Makes Humming Noise

6. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

Controller Buzzes when rumbling or vibrating

Hey there, what you're describing may be the impulse triggers in the controller which also vibrate. Would that be a possibility or is what you're experiencing something more intense in the controller?
Thema:

1. Is this ringing sound normal when xbox controller rumbles/vibrates? - Similar Threads - ringing sound normal

2. My Xbox won't turn on at all but I hear a ringing sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox won't turn on at all but I hear a ringing sound: So I went to turn on my Xbox series x and it won't turn on but I hear this ringing noise from inside my console if anybody have any idea to fix this I'll appreciate I read some things online about...
  3. Sound Suttering XSX + LG C2 - Beta Ring

in XboX Insiders
    Sound Suttering XSX + LG C2 - Beta Ring: Has anyone been having intermittent sound stuttering lately? For at least a month and a half in any game, app or movie there is occasional stutter/choppiness with the sound. I'm on a LG C2,...
  4. My Xbox series X controller won’t turn on and it has some ringing sound and I tried putting...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox series X controller won’t turn on and it has some ringing sound and I tried putting...: When I try to plug in my controller it won’t turn on and it has a ringing noise and I used fresh batteries and it still won’t work and if I plug in the same usb to another controller it works...
  5. Beta Ring - The sound of character speeches in some games and apps doesn't play

in XboX Insiders
    Beta Ring - The sound of character speeches in some games and apps doesn't play: A few days ago, I was watching some titles on Prime Video and I noticed that the lines were muted. I thought it was an error by Prime Video itself, but then this same error occurred with two...
  6. XOX1TB makes dong/ring/metal sound like it hits sometimes

in XboX Insiders
    XOX1TB makes dong/ring/metal sound like it hits sometimes: Hello my xbox one x makes some dong noise can you help me out? I can send you videos. It’s internal, I’ve had last update and it didn’t do anything. submitted by /u/Rare-Confusion1789 [link]...
  7. Start up animation has not sound on the Omega insider ring

in XboX Insiders
    Start up animation has not sound on the Omega insider ring: Anyone else having no sound during the start up animation on Xbox Series X, I'm on Omega but have noticed this on other rings I have reported this via the console, just curious if I'm on my own...
  8. Alpha ring breaks sound settings.

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha ring breaks sound settings.: I updated to the latest alpha slip ahead build on Sunday and Atmos stopped working on Amp but worked on Headset then stopped working altogether. Nothing I could do would solve the issue so...
  9. Sound Distortion for Skip-Ahead Ring

in XboX Insiders
    Sound Distortion for Skip-Ahead Ring: I don't know if it's just me, but out of the blue, I have started getting sound distortion when it comes to mostly games. I am using an Xbox One S, and I haven't seemed to have any problems with...
  10. Microsoft Store Sound Update (Alpha Ring)

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Store Sound Update (Alpha Ring): Did anyone else receive a sound update for the store? I got the new look but i had the previous sounds. Today I was browsing the store and everything sounds different. I do have to say Im not a...