Is this 'Microsoft Customer Satisfaction Survey' email legit?

Discus and support Is this 'Microsoft Customer Satisfaction Survey' email legit? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Today i got a Microsoft Customer Satisfaction Survey email from microsoftsupport@surveysitemail.com, is this email legit? I never contacted Microsoft... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Double44, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Double44
    Double44 Guest

Today i got a Microsoft Customer Satisfaction Survey email from microsoftsupport@surveysitemail.com, is this email legit? I never contacted Microsoft on the 14th, though that was the day XBL services were shut down..

"Dear Microsoft Customer,

Thank you for using our services. We would appreciate 2 minutes of your time to answer a few questions about your recent contact with our team regarding Xbox Games on Wednesday, January 14, 2015. The case number was
    (10-digit number here).

Your feedback will help us improve our quality of service.

Click here to start the survey

Please note that this invitation will expire on Saturday, January 24, 2015.

Thank you for your valuable feedback and time.

-- Your Microsoft Team"

:)

Double44, Jan 17, 2015
  2. Xbox Jock
    Xbox Jock Guest
    Gift card survey

Hello i was unable to complete the customer satisfaction survey which offered a five dollar gift card due to a bad internet connection..Is there any way to retake the survey?

Xbox Jock, Jan 17, 2015
  3. SaltnRust
    SaltnRust Guest
    Phishing Attempt?

Has anyone recieved an email similar to this? At the bottom it says the email was sent from
    L: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** but the one that showed up in my box is actually different...
    L: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** (using the domain that is actually my email address) which leads me to think it might be a spoofed email.

-------------------------------

[table][tr][td] [/td][td]Dear Xbox Support Customer, We haven't heard from you yet. Xbox Support needs just 2 minutes of your time. We have a few questions regarding your recent call to our support team.If you remember contacting Xbox Support, please click here to start survey. Your participation is appreciated! Please note that this invitation will expire soon. Please respond before Friday, February 24, 2012.-- Your Xbox Support Team.[/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td][/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Microsoft Satisfaction Survey Privacy Statement: Microsoft is committed to protecting your privacy. Survey responses are collected by Synovate, a market research company commissioned by Microsoft to conduct this survey. This survey does not request or collect any additional personal information from you. For more information please click here.If you don't remember contacting XBOX support recently, please let us know by clicking here. We will no longer send you emails about this particular contact.This message was sent to xxxx from L: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***. You have received this message because either you or someone else using this email address has interacted with Microsoft Assisted Support in the past. If you would like to be removed from the Microsoft Assisted Support Customer Satisfaction Survey mailing list, please click here.Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way Redmond, WA 98052 MSFT-SVCS-GDO-CEM-CS-CPC[/td][/tr][/table]

SaltnRust, Jan 17, 2015
  4. Is this 'Microsoft Customer Satisfaction Survey' email legit?

If you never used the support forum then you have no need to respond to the email, whether its genuine or not.

Support do send out emails like like, but they are just automated.

THEOWENKILLER, Jan 17, 2015
  5. Any e-mails I have received from Microsoft have always been addressed to me personally as my XBL account is directly linked to my Microsoft account.

You usually find that ones with a generic start (Dear Paypal customer, Dear Lloyds Bank customer, etc) are phishing/scam e-mails so get reported as such and deleted.

Paraffin Alien, Jan 18, 2015
  6. Double44
    Double44 Guest
    Well this one didn't hit my spam folder, so i assumed this one was legit. I have no idea what to make of it.

Double44, Jan 18, 2015
  7. eber3
    eber3 Guest
    Just because an email makes it past your spam folder does NOT make it legit. As was said, if you didn't contact MS, ignore it and delete it. It was either sent in mistake, meaning there is no reason for you to respond, or it's fake. Either way there's no
    reason for you to click on any links in it and possibly expose your computer to viruses.

eber3, Oct 31, 2018
  8. eber3 Win User

Just because an email makes it past your spam folder does NOT make it legit. As was said, if you didn't contact MS, ignore it and delete it. It was either sent in mistake, meaning there is no reason for you to respond, or it's fake. Either way there's no
    reason for you to click on any links in it and possibly expose your computer to viruses.
  9. Double44 Win User

Well this one didn't hit my spam folder, so i assumed this one was legit. I have no idea what to make of it.
  10. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello kaitlynne,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. The customer support survey is delivered to customers who receive support from a phone or chat agent. The survey is delivered through email after your case is closed by a chat or phone support agent. We hope this
    helps!
  11. THEOWENKILLER Win User

If you never used the support forum then you have no need to respond to the email, whether its genuine or not.

Support do send out emails like like, but they are just automated.
  12. Paraffin Alien Win User

Any e-mails I have received from Microsoft have always been addressed to me personally as my XBL account is directly linked to my Microsoft account.

You usually find that ones with a generic start (Dear Paypal customer, Dear Lloyds Bank customer, etc) are phishing/scam e-mails so get reported as such and deleted.
Thema:

1. Is this 'Microsoft Customer Satisfaction Survey' email legit? - Similar Threads - 'Microsoft Customer Satisfaction

2. Microsoft Customer Service complaint

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Customer Service complaint: On 18/11/23 i purchased my son a costumed made controller from xbox labs , this was for xmas , week and a bit later , it got dispatched , which Fedex lost it, i contacted Microsoft about this and...
  3. İ need to unlink my riot account and i cant find/contact any xbox/microsoft customer service

in XBoX Accessibility
    İ need to unlink my riot account and i cant find/contact any xbox/microsoft customer service: you will have to contact their customer support to unlink it as it is no longer linked with your Riot account and this appears to be an issue on their end. We cannot unlink it from this side as it...
  4. Did Microsoft get rid of all humans in customer service?!

in XBoX on Windows
    Did Microsoft get rid of all humans in customer service?!: Did Microsoft get rid of all humans in customer service?! Online chat option is gone. Phone numbers all go to a digital assistant who will not let you speak to a human. HOW DO I GET A HUMAN??!!!!!...
  5. "Microsoft doesn't delete customers accounts without their permissions" -- Lies, lies, lies

in XBoX Accessibility
    "Microsoft doesn't delete customers accounts without their permissions" -- Lies, lies, lies: My account was deleted without permission or notice to me whatsoever. The last email I received was on 7 Sep about updating Terms of Service. Prior to that I have 15+ single-use codes for sign in...
  6. Can Microsoft Focus on Xbox rewards giving Customers a real answer about the Points Nerfing...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can Microsoft Focus on Xbox rewards giving Customers a real answer about the Points Nerfing...: For the Last 6 Months Xbox Rewards has been reduced and Nerfed constantly. Bonuses gone ,Cuts,Reductions Everything. No Comment or Response from Microsoft Rewards. Almost Every Gaming site has...
  7. Why does Microsoft not provide any type of customer service? They charge all this money for...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does Microsoft not provide any type of customer service? They charge all this money for...: Why does Microsoft not provide any type of customer service? They charge all this money for subscription but make it impossible to access customer service via phone or online chat support....
  8. With Microsoft removing console companion, how do I change my pfp with custom picture on PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    With Microsoft removing console companion, how do I change my pfp with custom picture on PC?: The website doesn't have an option for custom pfps and the xbox app has never had the option. I don't have a phone atm and I found a good picture to use instead. 52c76ec7-6776-4125-a869-8a2143429070
  9. Why can’t I customize the keyboard on Microsoft edge on my Xbox a photo and put a photo on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I customize the keyboard on Microsoft edge on my Xbox a photo and put a photo on...: What can I put a photo on the Xbox keyboard off the edge and why can I switch the start up screen on the Xbox series X start up screen to the Xbox one X type screen be pretty cool just some ideas...
  10. Microsoft solitaire custom card display size too small

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft solitaire custom card display size too small: Hey everyone, just got a Z fold 3 and wanted to play some solitaire on it. As I customized my cards I noticed they are way smaller than they are on my tablet, is there any way I can change this?...