Is there anyway to find an email you used for an old account with just the gamertag?

Discus and support Is there anyway to find an email you used for an old account with just the gamertag? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Is there anyway to find an email for an old account with knowing just the gamertag and password? ae8a90cd-5283-4412-a9fb-2a2f3db4e2e6 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by adrian tanberg, Nov 26, 2023.

1. Is there anyway to find an email you used for an old account with just the gamertag?

Is there anyway to find an email for an old account with knowing just the gamertag and password?

:)

adrian tanberg, Nov 26, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Is there anyway to find an email you used for an old account with just the gamertag?

Hi Adrian! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

I'm afraid the gamer tag and password will not help you locate the email address associated with the Xbox account. According to the Xbox official website, there is a set of workarounds you can do in order to locate the email address linked to your Microsoft account. Here's how:

Go to xbox.com and try signing in with the email address that you think is associated with your Microsoft account.

If you can sign in, the email address and password you entered are valid. The gamertag that’s associated with this email address will be displayed in the upper-right corner of the screen.

If you can’t sign in, check your other email inboxes for messages about your Xbox subscription or Xbox offers. This may help you determine which email address is associated with your Xbox profile.

Note: Think back to when you created your Microsoft account. Were you using a different internet service provider for email at the time?

You may follow the rest of the troubleshooting steps using the link below:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-profile/manage-account/forgot-microsoft-account-solution

If you're able to locate the email address of your account but unable to access it, you can proceed with recovering it through the account recovery web form:

https://account.live.com/acsr

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. Eambo Win User

unlink Windows live ID & Gamertag

Hi Jaguar!

Unfortunately you cannot unlink accounts - what is recommended here is to make a third "dummy" account, and use it to move your profile as follows:

"Old" Email

"New" Email

"Dummy" Email.

Move your gamertag from "New" Email to "Dummy" Email. Then move your gamertag from "Old" Email to "New" Email. At this point you can then just trash Dummy email, and your new email will have your old gamertag :)

You can find more info on moving your account here:
    support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

Hope this makes sense! :)
  4. FangPerk Win User

Transferring Ownership of dlc to a new owner.

i can't re download the account because someone changed the email to it but the gamertag is the same, it's just my gamertag except without the zero at the end. if there is anyway to get it back please let me know. this happened a year ago and i still remember
    the original email and password used the old account.
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

Cannot access old gamertag!

If you signed in and it showed a default gamertag and no score that means the email you used to sign in was not the email on the old account.

With that being said if you are not sure of the email on the old account but know the gamertag you can contact xbox support by going to support.xbox.com/contact-us and give them your old gamertag and if they can verify ownership of the account they can give
    you the email thats associated with that gamertag
  6. BizarroMantis Win User

Xbox Live Gamertag Suggestion

What if you remember an old friend from say Rainbow Six Vegas and you message his gamertag and find that it's someone else that just took over the gamertag? People need to just find an ounce of creativity and originality within them and come up with their
    own personal gamer tag. Why is it so hard? Even if you have to be Spartan62352, so be it. What if I like some guys email address and he hasn't used that email address in months? I want it anyway!!!! Does that make any sense?
Thema:

1. Is there anyway to find an email you used for an old account with just the gamertag? - Similar Threads - anyway find email

2. Is there anyway to get a console unbanned when it has been banned for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there anyway to get a console unbanned when it has been banned for no reason: I have recently tried to play Xbox online and have been banned for nothing and was just wondering if Xbox was a waste of time and money if I can just be wrongfully banned out of nowhere with no...
  3. Anyway to fix my black screen of death?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyway to fix my black screen of death?: My Xbox One will start and load the green logo but just sits on a black screen after that. It will open the three turn off options when I hold the Xbox button on the controller. It also pops up a...
  4. Is there anyway I can gain access to my old xbox account. I know the email, just no longer...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there anyway I can gain access to my old xbox account. I know the email, just no longer...: Am i able to gain control of my old xbox account, if I know the username and email it was linked to. Even though I don’t have access to that email anymore. dd2e857c-3391-4d7c-b372-25a046952f5c
  5. Splatterhouse plus DLC's gone from 360 Store before it get's shut down anyway!

in XBoX on Windows
    Splatterhouse plus DLC's gone from 360 Store before it get's shut down anyway!: I bought the Splatterhouse DLC years ago on an old Acc. which i can't access anymore, now i wanted to buy them again, but shockingly had to realize the complete Game was taken off the store!...
  6. I changed my hz to 120 and my monitor says input not supported and i wanted to try anyway...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my hz to 120 and my monitor says input not supported and i wanted to try anyway...: please help I changed my hz to 120 and my monitor says input not supported and i wanted to try anyway and now i cant see my screen so i can't revert it and i cant reset my monitor without the...
  7. Anyway to stream/screenshare Microsoft Edge for Discord on Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyway to stream/screenshare Microsoft Edge for Discord on Xbox?: Is there ANY, absolutely ANY way I could possibly stream my Xbox screen to a discord call? I know that Discord only screenshares GAMES using the actual Xbox-Discord prompt, but me and a couple of...
  8. is there anyway of viewing clips on pc?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    is there anyway of viewing clips on pc?: trying to get some clips and make a video but the quality is sooo bad from the xbx app anybody know how to get more clear clips or a way i can get them on pc? 8e439341-1bf7-4b53-8676-ccb36739db1b
  9. Says I am Permanently Banned and cannot find anyway of contacting through the Enforcement...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Says I am Permanently Banned and cannot find anyway of contacting through the Enforcement...: I have seen a lot of these just now, just what is going on? I have no way to appeal or get this looked at as currently it looks like the enforcement site is having issues? I have received an email...
  10. Is there anyway to find out what the Xbox One deals with gold will be the night before?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there anyway to find out what the Xbox One deals with gold will be the night before?: So there's a site where we can see what the xbox 360 deals with gold will be the night before the deals change, but it doesn't show xbox one games. Is there anything like this for the Xbox One, or...