Is there anybody that can help me with a broken DLC?

Discus and support Is there anybody that can help me with a broken DLC? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. Can anybody help me with my issue. I've spent 3 months now trying to get some help and I've been mislead by multiple agents every time I contact... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Matthew B.92, Sep 8, 2023.

1. Matthew B.92
    Matthew B.92 Guest

Hi. Can anybody help me with my issue. I've spent 3 months now trying to get some help and I've been mislead by multiple agents every time I contact support.

I purchased a DLC for TSW3 around April. When I received it the product wasn't perfect but the developer promised to fix it. Long story short they didn't. I contacted Microsoft and they said I had to contact them again. So I did. They continually mislead me with useless advice and wasted my time. Now the developer has announced there will be no more updates and the community manager has gone AWOL. The DLC is so badly optimised that not only is it unplayable as a game but it causes my Xbox to crash and the fans to go crazy.

When I first contacted an agent they said they would get me a refund. Then I was told that the agent didn't have the authority. I then had to go through another agent who asked me to upload evidence of the game crashing. I did and the agent told me that the videos had not been uploaded despite them being there to see.

I've now spent 3 months being run around in circles by the developer and the support agents who are supposed to help me. I'm really upset at this point as I feel like I'm being deceived purposefully. I've tried everything to fix the DLC and it is impossible. The developer is the only one who can fix this, its nothing on my end, and the developer after misleading me has now shut up shop. I'm now stuck with a £30 DLC that I can't play and can't even try to play without melting my Xbox console.

Please can someone help. I'm at the end of the road now. Please.

Thank you.

:)

Matthew B.92, Sep 8, 2023
  2. RainingRoses Win User

Hi Matthew,

Sorry for the delayed response.

I’ve received a response from the team and they’re requesting a feedback report (you can submit one via the Report a Problem app on your console when you notice the error) so that they can take a closer look into it. They’ve also advised to contact support once again to ask about a refund, although there’s unfortunately no guarantee that you’ll receive one as the DLC was bought more than 14 days ago.

The Terms and Conditions for refunds:

Digital Game Purchase Refund Terms | Xbox Support
  3. RainingRoses Win User

Thanks for confirming. I’ve forwarded this info to the team, and I’ll share any updates with you here.
  4. Matthew B.92 Win User

Hi.

The DLC in question is Train Sim World® 3: ScotRail Express: Edinburgh - Glasgow.

And yes I have contacted the developer multiple times through their ticket support system. They offered me the standard technical advice to fix it such as re-installing the game and DLC. Nothing worked as it's clearly an issue with the game itself. Only the developer can fix that and they haven't. The DLC in question was made by Rivet Games for DTG. So DTG advise that you talk to them. I have done to no avail and now their community manager has taken a personal break for the foreseeable and they won't respond in any other way.

DTG have also just announced the release of the next version of the game and older DLC's are no longer going to be supported. Which means there is no chance it gets fixed.
  5. RainingRoses Win User

I’d like to escalate this, but I can only do so with answers to all the questions I asked in my previous reply. The reference numbers are what’s most important.

And yeah, I’ve seen TSW4 being discussed around and that it’s officially released in a few weeks.

By the way, I’m not a Microsoft employee. We’re mostly just fellow gamers and volunteers here on the forums :)
  6. RainingRoses Win User

Hi Matthew,

Sorry to hear that you’ve been sent round in circles with both Xbox Support and the game developer.

I’ll escalate this for you, but I’ll need some additional info. Did you contact the developer through this request form https://dovetailgames.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new and Xbox Support through https://support.xbox.com/contact-us? If you have any relevant reference numbers, please provide these.

A few more questions:

1. What’s the specific DLC you’re referring to, and are you experiencing the issue on an Xbox One or Series X|S?
    2. Do you receive any error code/message when you try to play the DLC and have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it?
    3. Does your console unexpectedly power off or simply just overheat and crash to the dashboard? Are any other games or apps affected?

Also, please create a bug report when the unexpected behaviour occurs. You can add [Xbox Forums] to the title of the report, then share this here once complete.

You’re correct that the game developer are the ones responsible to address this issue (especially as they acknowledged that it was something on their side), and you certainly should be eligible for a refund if the game content you purchased is inaccessible. I’ll see what I can do in terms of getting this looked into further.
Thema:

1. Is there anybody that can help me with a broken DLC? - Similar Threads - anybody help broken

2. Can anybody help me with this issue?

in XboX Insiders
    Can anybody help me with this issue?: Couple months ago i went to nyc to meet some family members their children had an Xbox so I logged on on my account. Everything was fine but they started kicking me off games so they can play I...
  3. Does anybody know when the Xbox X will go on sale again?

in XboX Insiders
    Does anybody know when the Xbox X will go on sale again?: Does anybody know when the Xbox X will go on sale again? I just missed the $50 off that was going on leading up to Fathers Day. With the new consoles coming out in the winter, I would expect more...
  4. I cannot hear anyone or talk to anybody on Fortnite

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot hear anyone or talk to anybody on Fortnite: I can’t hear anybody or talk on Fortnite d757a28c-e81c-40a4-a0de-2f804b61df31
  5. New xbox insider update not working anybody else having any issues?

in XboX Insiders
    New xbox insider update not working anybody else having any issues?: New xbox insider update not working anybody else having any issues? submitted by /u/Capable_Post8843 [link] [comments]
  6. Does anybody know how to fix the glitch when you join xbox party and it says that the...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does anybody know how to fix the glitch when you join xbox party and it says that the...: I turned on my Xbox and tried joining my friends party when it shows the word disconnected under there username saying disconnected and then about 10 seconds later it will kick me from the party....
  7. Does anybody know what can be done about trying to get back refunds for charges that are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anybody know what can be done about trying to get back refunds for charges that are...: Microsoft replied back via email saying, "We double checked your account and found it's not eligible for a refund. REASON: There are no charges on your account and other account matching the...
  8. Can anybody help because I’ve restarted my Xbox so many times.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can anybody help because I’ve restarted my Xbox so many times.: Whenever I use the Xbox button a message appears saying ‘Try launching again shortly. ‘ then ‘If guide still won’t launch, reinstalling it should fix the problem.(0x80073d0f) It is stopping me...
  9. Can anybody help me with fallout 4 Xbox one crashing issues?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can anybody help me with fallout 4 Xbox one crashing issues?: My fallout 4 keeps crashing when it reaches the title screen. I’ve tried power cycling and uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times and it hasn’t fixed the issue....
  10. Can anybody help me on my Roblox Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can anybody help me on my Roblox Account: Can someone tell me anything on my Xbox Acc Gamertag I accidentally unlink I don’t reme Anything been trying for months and I can’t find it 7b3f1624-513f-4cbd-9e62-193862b0534c