Is there any way to take a picture with a usb webcam on an xbox one?

Discus and support Is there any way to take a picture with a usb webcam on an xbox one? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just need to know if it's possible to take a picture with a webcam connected to an xbox one. 8e10ae2b-42ea-4560-8de9-91d2d4a2338d Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ben Schulz, Nov 9, 2023.

1. Ben Schulz
    Ben Schulz Guest

I just need to know if it's possible to take a picture with a webcam connected to an xbox one.

:)

Ben Schulz, Nov 9, 2023
  2. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi Ben S, my name is Daniel. I am an independent advisor who is willing to help you.

For me, it is an honor to write to you and try to help you in any way possible, for my part I will do my best to try to solve any questions/problems you are presenting.

If I'm honest, I have never tried taking a photo with a USB Web camera and although there is no information on the Internet, it may not be possible, but I understand that if it can be used, you can connect a USB Web camera to one. Xbox One, what is not very clear to me is if you can take a photo or if it is only a video.

In any case, I leave you a reference video where you can obtain more information regarding this topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5CCeINlbuI

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Thank you for being so kind and I wish you good luck.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  3. Astral Wench Win User

Custom Gamer Pictures

Actually you can. You just need an xbox live vision camera. Not the kinect, the old school little white webcam looking thing. From there you go to settings, edit profile, Gamer Picture and then you can select "Take Personal Picture"

Hope this helps!
  4. NonSportsGirl Win User

*Future profile customization idea*

Back in the old days you were able to take a Xbox webcam and customize your gamer picture.
    The only people who could see that image though were people already on your friends lists.
  5. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Need a webcam

The Twitch troubleshooting page for Xbox One says you can use webcams on the Twitch app so long as everything in your settings on the Xbox is enabled correctly.

https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/xbox-broadcasting-and-troubleshooting?language=en_US

The most obvious option for a decent webcam for the Xbox One to stream with would honestly be an Xbox One Kinect. The picture and sound quality on them is actually pretty good, in my opinion. Other than that I'll link you over to a Windows Central article
    about a few good webcams for your Xbox. The cheapest being about $10 USD with the most expensive being about $100 USD. Depending on how much you want to spend and what you want out of your webcam, I'm sure you'll find one in these great options. I'd personally
    go with the Kinect.

https://www.windowscentral.com/best-webcams-xbox-one
  6. Jex the Ripper Win User

Kinect as webcam for Series X?

Thanks for your response! I just wanted to try using my Kinect as my webcam since the webcam I have isn't as nice of a picture/video quality.
Thema:

1. Is there any way to take a picture with a usb webcam on an xbox one? - Similar Threads - picture usb webcam

2. how to change. a refresh rate with no picture

in XBoX Accessibility
    how to change. a refresh rate with no picture: i accidentally changed from 60Hz to 120Hz and i cannot go back to 60Hz due to no hdmi so i cannot see a menu what can i do 399100dd-554f-4769-a630-a3b8d12e327f
  3. Why did I get banned for a year when all I did was try and change my profile picture?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why did I get banned for a year when all I did was try and change my profile picture?: So the other day I was trying to change my profile picture to a funny pic of my friend and the background had a confederate flag and him holding a shotgun not even real well I tried to upload that...
  4. Xbox club profile picture or background image not uploading properly

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox club profile picture or background image not uploading properly: Whenever i try to set a custom profile picture or background picture for the xbox club i am the owner of, it doesnt keep the changes whenever i reload the "friends and community updates" app. I...
  5. I have my account set as an adult account, but I still can’t change my profile picture to a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have my account set as an adult account, but I still can’t change my profile picture to a...: All of my stuff says I am a adult account and it still doesn’t work. be22e80e-a1e9-43cc-ad87-73a68f02c76f
  6. My xbox party chat isnt working and it has the darkend profiile picture like im in gmae...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My xbox party chat isnt working and it has the darkend profiile picture like im in gmae...: my xbox party chat usnt working and when i join a party my profile picture is darkened like im in game chat but the text says im not 604fccca-5d66-4103-b37b-4d540dc51852
  7. I'm banned from using the Communication Services on Xbox for 366 days due to a Profile Picture.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'm banned from using the Communication Services on Xbox for 366 days due to a Profile Picture.: I recently tried posting a Poison Ivy DC Supervillian photo as my Profile Picture without knowing I would've been banned in any way. It did not just report it once, but FIVE times, resulting in...
  8. Just setup up Xbox x and it won’t show picture on tv. Not sure if I hit 4k or not and if...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just setup up Xbox x and it won’t show picture on tv. Not sure if I hit 4k or not and if...: I just finished up setup and it does show a picture anymore. Is there a manually reset to factory so I can redo setup again. 3f91513d-d3f0-4531-9865-55a2276461b3
  9. Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?: I tried different hdmi cables.I turning the console on and off as listed on the list of steps to troubleshoot.It finally turned on.I did the 10 second power cycle then got nothing on both my tv...
  10. As this other person said I wish U could look at your old profile pictures as I would love...

in XBoX Accessibility
    As this other person said I wish U could look at your old profile pictures as I would love...: I hope this really does happen 27301770-5608-4b09-bd41-71ed6fd7e114