Is there any way to submit a ban appeal with Microsoft for a blizzard game when I was...

Discus and support Is there any way to submit a ban appeal with Microsoft for a blizzard game when I was... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; On September 26th, 2023 I was wrongfully banned on a blizzard game called "Overwatch". This was my favorite game to play when I was going through my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LandoSteffo, Jan 5, 2024.

1. LandoSteffo
    LandoSteffo Guest

Is there any way to submit a ban appeal with Microsoft for a blizzard game when I was...

On September 26th, 2023 I was wrongfully banned on a blizzard game called "Overwatch". This was my favorite game to play when I was going through my teen years. I was originally a Xbox player from December 2017 through June 2023. As of July 2023, I have switched to pc July 2023 and have been playing ever since. I got a pc to play overwatch because I am playing for my local colleges competitive overwatch team. I feel I was wrongfully banned because I had another game open that uses an anti-cheat called "Easy Anti-Cheat". I feel although I wasn't cared by blizzard employees because something tripped up their system. I submitted ban appeal with them as soon as I figured out what was happening, nothing came from it but blizzard saying they won't do anything about it.

Below is what the email said (I'm not sure how to screenshot or upload the screen shot)

****NOTICE OF ACCOUNT CLOSURE***

Greetings,

Account Action: Account Closure - Overwatch Account
    Offense: Unauthorized Cheat Programs ("hacks")

Recent activity on this account shows the use of an unauthorized cheat program, also known as a "hack", which harms the intended player experience.

The account holder is responsible for all activity on the account. We issue suspensions and closures to protect our players and our service in accordance with our Blizzard EULA: https://blizzard.com/company/legal/eula.html.

We don't take this decision lightly. Our team issued this closure after a careful review of relevant evidence. Our support staff will not overturn these closures and may not respond to appeals. For more information, see our article: https://battle.net/support/article/2639

Thank you for your time and understanding in this matter.

Regards,

Customer Service
    Blizzard Entertainment
    https://battle.net/

After I seen this, I did my best to submit a ban request that went like this (again I'm not sure how to screenshot or upload one)

"Landon

I am a ow1 veteran who originated from Xbox and switched to PC near the end of July. I am currently doing this appeal because I was wrongfully banned for cheating inside of overwatch 2. A little bit about my Overwatch Account. I started in Season 10 of Overwatch 1 and have been playing ever since, accumulating over 1750 hours. On console, I have reached a peak of top 500 and desire to do the same for PC. In my 1750+ hours I have never been banned. I play Overwatch 2 for my College (Northeast Iowa Community College Under a Letter of Interest) and getting a monetary scholarship from the College, and I would never jeopardize my team."

Which a game master replied saying

"Hello, game master Arcaxenosi here, thanks for reaching out to us.

The action that was taken, is due to usage of third party programs that exploit, hack and automate the gameplay.

I appreciate the time that you took to write this ticket, however we are not going to consider removing this permanent suspension from the Overwatch game.

Take care."

After this encounter I felt helpless. I tried to submit a ban appeal and had the same outcome. I tried one last time as a hail mary. Below is what was said

"Landon

I am sorry for trying to get your attention game master, but I have figured out why it flagged as a third party program. I have PC game pass through Xbox and one of the games I play runs through a software called “easy anti-cheat”. The game is called “Sniper Elite 5” and I had it open when I was playing Overwatch 2. Please just look into it, I love Overwatch and I don’t want to lose all of my progress"

I admit, I was trying to claw back at something when I should've just stopped. Below is what the game master said.

"Greetings Landon, Game Master Rahacoatl here.

Thank you so much for your patience while we looked into this one After an additional thorough review of the action taken against this account, we have arrived at the same conclusion. The account action will not be removed under any circumstance.

While we understand that you may have concerns regarding the nature or application of the policies related to this account action, we must reiterate that it is the result of a breach of the Terms of Use: https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/lega...500a402ea/blizzard-end-user-license-agreement , which all players accept before accessing the game environment.

Please note that we do not discuss any information regarding our investigation, and all information regarding the actions taken will be found within your E-Mail. No further clarification will be provided.

As this issue has been reviewed by multiple representatives, it is now considered closed. Should you have any questions regarding a different account or issue, please feel free to contact us again."

I knew that this was the ending of 6+ great years, thank you all for reading this.

:)

LandoSteffo, Jan 5, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Is there any way to submit a ban appeal with Microsoft for a blizzard game when I was wrongfully banned?

Hi LandoSteffo, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am truly sorry for this.

But, since it is Blizzard that banned your account, you won't be able to appeal via Xbox.

They are holding the line on this one, it does not seem like they will revert the decision.

Again, I am truly sorry.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Is there still any way to get this unfair year long ban lifted?

Submitting an appeal would be the only possible way to have a ban lifted.
  4. Smwutches Win User

I just got my xbox account permanelty banned and I have never done anything wrong, but they denied my appeal. What else can I do to get it back?

Submitting an appeal is the only possible way to have a ban lifted. If the enforcement team denied the appeal, there is nothing else that can be done.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Is there any way that I can get unbanned or dispute my ban?

Submitting an appeal is the only way to possibly have the ban lifted. If the enforcement team denied the appeal, there is nothing else that can be done.
  6. Smwutches Win User

My sons account wrongly received permanent suspension

The enforcement team are the only ones who handle bans and they do not use the forums. Submitting an appeal is the only way to contact them. If an appeal was already submitted and they denied it, there is nothing else that can be done.
Thema:

1. Is there any way to submit a ban appeal with Microsoft for a blizzard game when I was... - Similar Threads - submit ban appeal

2. I was banned off of Xbox for an unknowingly reason. I have tried to submit an appeal but to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I was banned off of Xbox for an unknowingly reason. I have tried to submit an appeal but to...: My Account Was Banned for Apparently, "No Reason Provided". I am confused as to why i was permanently banned. Update: I waited awhile because i was finding possible ways to recover/unban my...
  3. How come I got banned and when I submitted an appeal I never got a response?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How come I got banned and when I submitted an appeal I never got a response?: So on Saturday at 2 am I was playing zombies on MW3 when I went down and I went into game chat and asked other players to come revive me. I had a player who asked where I was and when I responded...
  4. I have been banned indefinitely for no reason please help i submitted an appeal but it was...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have been banned indefinitely for no reason please help i submitted an appeal but it was...: Help me get my account back please I was banned for no reason and my appeal has been denied with no reason why fec49bcd-48e9-4ed4-810e-d7ac04916507
  5. I recieved a Permanent Ban but can't submit a case review

in XBoX Accessibility
    I recieved a Permanent Ban but can't submit a case review: Hi Xbox community, about a month ago I received a permanent ban for my Gamerpic (a normal picture of me and my friends). I was very surprised when I logged into Xbox enforcement history and saw...
  6. When I go to look at my active suspension(s) after my account was banned and I submitted an...

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I go to look at my active suspension(s) after my account was banned and I submitted an...: When I go to look at my active suspension(s) after my account was banned and I submitted an appeal, why does it say “Sorry, we can't get notifications right now. Try again later.” Does it mean my...
  7. Cannot submit appeal for unwarranted xbox live ban

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot submit appeal for unwarranted xbox live ban: [img] One day I could not log into Minecraft as it would say that my Xbox live account has been banned. My Microsoft account is still active. 150590c6-88fe-4d7a-b0ac-c88850eec53c
  8. Unable to Submit a Ban Appeal After Being Banned Unfairly

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to Submit a Ban Appeal After Being Banned Unfairly: Today I have been perma-banned on my xbox with "no details available". I have been banned in the past but I am confident I did nothing wrong. I have very actively been doing everything I can to...
  9. Unable To Submit A Ban Appeal

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable To Submit A Ban Appeal: Two days ago my xbox account was permanently banned while I was playing and I received an email from microsoft notifying me of enforcement taking place on my account. I went online to check the...
  10. Unable To Submit A Ban Appeal

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable To Submit A Ban Appeal: Two days ago my xbox account was permanently banned while I was playing and I received an email from microsoft notifying me of enforcement taking place on my account. I went online to check the...