Is there any way to restore a cloud save for a game that was accidentally overwritten?

Discus and support Is there any way to restore a cloud save for a game that was accidentally overwritten? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My son has been playing Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga. Today, he accidentally overwrote the save file that he has tons of hours on. Is there any... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Darin Stromberg1, Sep 26, 2023.

1. Is there any way to restore a cloud save for a game that was accidentally overwritten?

My son has been playing Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga. Today, he accidentally overwrote the save file that he has tons of hours on. Is there any way for us to restore a cloud save to a prior point so we can get back the progress he had made?

:)

Darin Stromberg1, Sep 26, 2023
  2. Rodelio P. Win User

Is there any way to restore a cloud save for a game that was accidentally overwritten?

Hi Darin!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

RodelioP.
  3. Rodelio P. Win User

Hi Darin!

Thanks for reaching Microsoft Community. We're here to help and let's work on this together.

Yes, it is possible to restore a cloud save for a game that was accidentally overwritten. To do this, you will need to follow these steps:

1. Open the game on your Xbox console.

2. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

3. Select "My games & apps" and then select "See all" to view all your games.

4. Find the game that you want to restore the cloud save for and press the menu button on your controller.

5. Select "Manage game & add-ons" and then select "Saved data".

6. Select "Cloud saves" and then select the saved data that you want to restore.

7. Select "Download to console" to restore the cloud save to your Xbox console.

Please note that this will overwrite any local save data that you currently have on your console, so make sure to back up any local saves before restoring the cloud save.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

RodelioP.
  4. Aventhyz Win User

Offline game save overwrote cloud data

Since the cloud data was overwritten so you can't go back to the previous save, you would have to have deleted the local game data and then restored it to the previous cloud.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Recover overwritten save game

If a cloud save has been overwritten, then there is no way to get that save back.
  6. Collinlt Win User

Minecraft world says "there was a problem loading this world." What should I do,

Thank you for responding. Is there any way you can tell me how I would see if my cloud save has been overwritten by my local save?
Thema:

1. Is there any way to restore a cloud save for a game that was accidentally overwritten? - Similar Threads - restore cloud save

2. deleted a game by mistake from xbox how can i restore it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    deleted a game by mistake from xbox how can i restore it.: by mistake deleted some games how can I restore them. some of these games are off the game pass like minecraft for xbox 1 e26a01a1-24ab-4a2e-b447-678bd36143ac
  3. I deleted Minecraft off my IPhone, how do I restore my old worlds?

in XBoX on Windows
    I deleted Minecraft off my IPhone, how do I restore my old worlds?: Hi! So I stupidly decided to delete Minecraft on my IPhone because I thought it would help out with a glitch, without realizing that it would delete my worlds (I am fairly new to the game). If...
  4. How to restore in-app purchases? Slots Era Unwanted purchase

in XBoX on Windows
    How to restore in-app purchases? Slots Era Unwanted purchase: OK guys I'm not even even really sure on where this is supposed to go or to whom exactly I'm completely like lost and confused actually over here I I've been playing a game basically for like...
  5. How to restore a Minecraft World, but with no previous version Restore button

in XBoX on Windows
    How to restore a Minecraft World, but with no previous version Restore button: Hello, I have been having this problem for two days now. When I create a minecraft World (bedrock edition on windows 11), it just disappears the next day. I have read previous threads and watched...
  6. How do I restore a game clip

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I restore a game clip: My friend saw Mt favorite clip and thought it would be funny to delete it so he did and I was wondering if I can restore It 57249625-ce61-4ec7-9b79-ced2bb8e7e49
  7. XBox one x in insiders program. How to restore?

in XboX Insiders
    XBox one x in insiders program. How to restore?: Hello I'm new here but I need help. I have an xbox one x and I succesfully broke my HDD. As I know this console was updated by the latest firmware from insiders program. And now I don't know how...
  8. Is there any way to restore a cloud save for a game that is corrupted?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any way to restore a cloud save for a game that is corrupted?: Hi noted my game file was corrupted after a patch update. Is there a way for me to retrieve an old cloud save for xbox PC? Game in question is Remnant 2 f6557681-f382-49da-9624-931e9e78e9a2
  9. after installing fresh install of win11. restoring from cloud settings results in xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    after installing fresh install of win11. restoring from cloud settings results in xbox...: so i came to do a fresh install of windows 11. at the initial setup screen. it asks to restore apps and settings from cloud. which i did every time i restart windows. it reinstalls payday 3....
  10. Please help. Restore an old game saving from cloud X-Box Ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please help. Restore an old game saving from cloud X-Box Ultimate: Hi, i´m playing with my 11 year old daughter. Mostly i play on my xbox series-x. But when she is visiting me every 2 weekends she plays on the xbox series x and i play on the notebook. We...