Is there any way to adjust the mic sensitivity?

Discus and support Is there any way to adjust the mic sensitivity? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The mic is picking up a load of background noise from a good distance away, is there any way to adjust this? 61a9e0a8-52cd-4bcb-8a54-3e5ae21c19b8 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LFC Maestro23, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Is there any way to adjust the mic sensitivity?

The mic is picking up a load of background noise from a good distance away, is there any way to adjust this?

:)

LFC Maestro23, Jun 13, 2015
  2. Dyzzii
    Dyzzii Guest
    Is there any way to adjust voice chat aside from the default microphone?

Ontop of this, im actually so close to selling back my console. It was NOT ready for launch. I mean the voice commands dont even work in NZ. There are so many features missing that are available on 360 that you cant even use on this. I was very excited for
    this console but that excitement lasted a mere couple of hours. Seriously release a fix and impliment all of these little features that people will need and actually use or you will lose ALOT of customers.

Dyzzii, Jun 13, 2015
  3. Dyzzii
    Dyzzii Guest
    Is there any way to adjust voice chat aside from the default microphone?

Ok so i have a pair of Tritton Warheads, and they are fantastic. Perfect and crisp game sound, perfect for sound hoaring on COD. Until you join a party or skype call.. Everyones voice is so bloody loud and you can barely hear the game. Why is there no option
    to adjust voice/game sound like there was on 360? Seriously this console is a huge let down with the stuff it is missing. A feature as simple as this has been removed so now i cant even use my $500 headset to listen to the game unless i dont want to be able
    to talk to anyone else. Sort it out microsoft.

Dyzzii, Jun 13, 2015
  4. Is there any way to adjust the mic sensitivity?

What type of mic do you have?

svrangerchrista, Jun 13, 2015
  5. svrangerchrista Win User

What type of mic do you have?
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Mic Sensitivity

Hi Joshua,

Unfortunately there is no way to adjust mic sensitivity. That's programmed in the technology of the mic itself and cannot be adjusted like the volume of the headset can.

My suggestion is looking into getting a windscreen or cover for the mic as that will help with eliminating background noise but retain good quality for voice chat.
  7. AridLizard Win User

Mic sensitivity

is it your mic that is too loud or is it other people you are in a party with?

to adjust the sensitivity of the mic, press the Xbox button on the controller then press RB 3 times to get to the System tab and select Audio from the options there.

this will allow you to turn down mic monitoring so your mic is less sensitive.

if it is other people in your party who have their mics too sensitive then they will have to adjust the mic monitoring on their Xbox
  8. AlexOlver Win User

Microphone Sensitivity on XBOX ONE

Hi XBF George,

This has nothing to do with Mic Monitoring my friends can hear themselves because the OFFICIAL Stereo Headset I have you can't adjust the Mic Sensitivity.
  9. XBF Lance J Win User

Mic Settings on Xbox One

Hey Readyer,

You can adjust the sensitivity for your party chat by pressing the Home button and going to the
    System tab. You will be given 3 different sliders Headset Volume, Headset Chat Mixer, and Mic Monitoring. My Razer headset's mic is extremely sensitive so I have to tone down my monitoring, you might want to go the opposite way. Find a sweet
    spot for your headset and you should be good to go. Let us know if this helps!
Thema:

1. Is there any way to adjust the mic sensitivity? - Similar Threads - adjust mic sensitivity

2. how to adjust gamepad sensitivity in sea of thieves?

in XBoX on Windows
    how to adjust gamepad sensitivity in sea of thieves?: Hello, I've been playing Sea of Thieves on the xbox console for a long time, but I always didn't like the sensitivity of the gamepad while playing. when you have pvp with a person playing on a PC,...
  3. Xbox Series S Controller Sensitivity Adjustment

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series S Controller Sensitivity Adjustment: Hi team, One of my controllers is overly sensitive and I'm not able to find the 'ease of access' section in my settings (Xbox Series S). I've installed all the latest updates on the console and...
  4. How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?: Me and my friend have this issue where when we clip 30 seconds of our game in the game bar my mic audio is very very loud while his is very very low. When he records clips he can barely hear his...
  5. how do i adjust wireless headset volume if the menu is greyed out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i adjust wireless headset volume if the menu is greyed out?: I have a wirless xbox headset that connects to my xbox just fine but there’s no audio. the headset volume and chat mixer are greyed out and I can adjust the chat mixer on the headset but for the...
  6. Unable to adjust chat mixer to hear audio/game sound on mic

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to adjust chat mixer to hear audio/game sound on mic: Recently, out of nowhere my microphone decided it was done picking up game sound. I can still chat and hear friends. Naturally i figured it was because my mic was broken..nope. Then, I figured it...
  7. How to adjust mic sensitivity on Xbox Series

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to adjust mic sensitivity on Xbox Series: Recently I bought JBL Quantum 400 gaming headset and it has very sensitive mic. While my friends hear me perfectly fine they also hear them self through my mic. It is possible to lower down mic...
  8. How to adjust mic sensivety on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to adjust mic sensivety on Xbox One: Recently I bought JBL Quantum 400 headset and it has very sensitive mic. While my friends hear me perfectly fine they also hear them self through my mic. It is possible to lower down mic...
  9. Adjust volume of headphones that has no mic

in XBoX on Consoles
    Adjust volume of headphones that has no mic: If I plug in a headphone that contains a microphone into the controller then you will see the Settings Audio option, and from here you can adjust the volume level. But if you plug in a headphone...
  10. Mic too sensitive, how do I adjust it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic too sensitive, how do I adjust it?: Whenever I am ingame or in a party it always indicates that I am speaking unless I mute the mic, I don't want to be annoying with mic spam so how do I fix this? df06ba05-c3df-4a7f-8322-72e0d67a21ee