Is there any way that I can transfer save data to a USB hard drive without erasing every thing ...

Discus and support Is there any way that I can transfer save data to a USB hard drive without erasing every thing ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is there any possible way to transfer 360 data onto a USB hard drive without erasing everything on that hard drive (I.e.: formatting)? I know that I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by StateCrayon5149, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Is there any way that I can transfer save data to a USB hard drive without erasing every thing ...

Is there any possible way to transfer 360 data onto a USB hard drive without erasing everything on that hard drive (I.e.: formatting)? I know that I have more than 32 GB of available space on the hard drive. Is there any way that I could at least choose
    what is deleted before formatting begins?

:)

StateCrayon5149, Sep 2, 2017
  2. Changing Ownership of Saved Files

What you can do is get a Hard drive transfer cable and do it that way and be able to transfer your profile on to your old Xbox along with the Save data then just Recover your gamertag on your Xbox Slim. Or if you dont want to pay for the Hard drive transfer
    cable. You can get a USB stick and transfer all the data you need onto there and Then recover your gamertag on the other Xbox and then take the USB stick and start loading your data on there. If you have A LOT of data it may take more than one USB stick. But
    you CAN NOT change ownership of any data on that profile which includes saves, dlc, avatar items and etc. Hope this helps you!

Barbies Karma, Sep 2, 2017
  3. WPAK
    WPAK Guest
    Disc Read Errors when playing from Hard Drive

Hi there,

formatting the hard drive can sometimes fix issues like that too, just be aware that all data will be removed by doing that.

You can transfer data in a few ways, one is by using a usb flash drive configured for the xbox 360. You can move profiles and save games to that usb drive. The other way would be via the transfer cable.

See the steps for both ways on this link:
    support.xbox.com/.../manage-games-data

The link shows a transfer cable for both types of hard drives.

WPAK, Sep 2, 2017
  4. Is there any way that I can transfer save data to a USB hard drive without erasing every thing ...

Hi there,

Unfortunately the 360 will reformate the drive before any data is transferred. Unless it's already formatted for a 360 everything will be erased. Is there any way that I can transfer save data to a USB hard drive without erasing every thing ... :(

If you're looking to move game saves from one console to another, you could move them to the cloud drive so can get them on any console connected to live.

Mistress Sara, Sep 3, 2017
  5. Mistress Sara Win User

Is there any way that I can transfer save data to a USB hard drive without erasing every thing on it

Hi there,

Unfortunately the 360 will reformate the drive before any data is transferred. Unless it's already formatted for a 360 everything will be erased. :(

If you're looking to move game saves from one console to another, you could move them to the cloud drive so can get them on any console connected to live.
  6. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Moving stuff from one hard drive to another

If it's still on the old hard drive you could use a USB flash drive to move it and any game saves etc over. I'm not sure doing a data transfer again would be advisable, if you did do a data transfer previously odds are the old data was erased. You would
    need to check that the files are still on the old hard drive.

-

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/storage
  7. Barbies Karma Win User

Changing Ownership of Saved Files

What you can do is get a Hard drive transfer cable and do it that way and be able to transfer your profile on to your old Xbox along with the Save data then just Recover your gamertag on your Xbox Slim. Or if you dont want to pay for the Hard drive transfer
    cable. You can get a USB stick and transfer all the data you need onto there and Then recover your gamertag on the other Xbox and then take the USB stick and start loading your data on there. If you have A LOT of data it may take more than one USB stick. But
    you CAN NOT change ownership of any data on that profile which includes saves, dlc, avatar items and etc. Hope this helps you!
  8. WPAK Win User

Disc Read Errors when playing from Hard Drive

Hi there,

formatting the hard drive can sometimes fix issues like that too, just be aware that all data will be removed by doing that.

You can transfer data in a few ways, one is by using a usb flash drive configured for the xbox 360. You can move profiles and save games to that usb drive. The other way would be via the transfer cable.

See the steps for both ways on this link:
    support.xbox.com/.../manage-games-data

The link shows a transfer cable for both types of hard drives.
  9. Undeadfire Zero Win User

Help!

[quote user="Beanie The Dog"]

I purchased a 3rd party transfer cable without seeing all the problems people have with them. I transferred my data and now the 360 does not recognise the hard drive I transferred to, but it still recognizes the now empty old hard drive. What I really
    want to know is if I now buy an official transfer cable and kit would I be able to transfer the data which is obviously on the new hard drive even if it wont recognize it back to the old hard drive even so I just have my saved games etc back.

Please help.

[/quote]

The 3rd party transfer cable may force the HDD to change it format which will erase all it's data so sorry to say this but all the data is lost =/ Nothing can be done.
Thema:

Is there any way that I can transfer save data to a USB hard drive without erasing every thing ...

1. Is there any way that I can transfer save data to a USB hard drive without erasing every thing ... - Similar Threads - transfer save data

2. Transferring saved game data from one Xbox account to another…

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transferring saved game data from one Xbox account to another…: I have a problem that requires assistance. Recently, one of my Outlook accounts, which was linked to my gamer tag, got deleted due to inactivity. The system prompted me to log back into the...
  3. Is there any way to transfer the save data from playing on the cloud to the downloaded...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any way to transfer the save data from playing on the cloud to the downloaded...: I’ve been playing Stardew Valley through cloud gaming on my pc and i recently installed it so the game runs smoother. However, i discovered that my save data was not on the installed version and...
  4. Continuous attempts to log into my account, can I save/transfer Xbox data if I close my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Continuous attempts to log into my account, can I save/transfer Xbox data if I close my...: People from all over the world have been continuously (6+ times a day, 3-5 times in a row every time) attempting to log into my Microsoft account. It's obnoxious. I get multiple notifications to...
  5. Is there a way to transfer my saved data from a dead Xbox One to another?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to transfer my saved data from a dead Xbox One to another?: I had a power fluctuation in my house which fried the internal power supply, since Microsoft doesn't support the Xbox One anymore I can't get it serviced. I do not have WIFI at the moment and no...
  6. How do I transfer save game data from the normal .sfs format to the xbox live pass save...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I transfer save game data from the normal .sfs format to the xbox live pass save...: How do I transfer save game data from the normal .sfs format to the xbox live pass save game data format I want to use my steam save game files on the xbox live pass but for some reason xbox...
  7. Can I transfer xbox data (save games ect.) to a different Microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I transfer xbox data (save games ect.) to a different Microsoft account?: I want to move my brothers xbox saves because they are on my second account and it is annoying not telling him the password. 77814312-1230-4745-b710-5d7318ff2d98
  8. How to transfer game save data from 1 Xbox One to another (without internet)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to transfer game save data from 1 Xbox One to another (without internet): Hello! I have some game saves on an Xbox One that belongs to one of my family members. I have recently gotten my own Xbox One and was wanting to transfer those game saves over to my own console....
  9. Transfer game save data from Xbox to PC - Snowrunner]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfer game save data from Xbox to PC - Snowrunner]: Hello I wanted to know if it was possible to recover my save and dlc of the "Snowrunner" game that is on my Xbox series so that I can play on my pc? Thank you for your reply. Kind regards....
  10. How do I transfer saved data from one Xbox 360 to another Xbox 360 without connecting to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I transfer saved data from one Xbox 360 to another Xbox 360 without connecting to...: I have 2 Xbox 360 consoles. I want to transfer saved game data from one to another. I have a usb device. I don’t have an internet connection. How do I transfer the data from my old xbox360 to my...