is there any way an Xbox one disc game can be transferred to x box series s

Discus and support is there any way an Xbox one disc game can be transferred to x box series s in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Is there any way that backwards compatibility extends to disc games on the series s d74ce50c-8980-43f7-912c-83ce44333d13 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Graham Green4, Dec 27, 2023.

1. is there any way an Xbox one disc game can be transferred to x box series s

Is there any way that backwards compatibility extends to disc games on the series s

:)

Graham Green4, Dec 27, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

If the games were digitally then that would be the case, but the disc is used as your license to access the game. So even if you transfer the game data, the disc would be required to be on the disc drive to prove ownership. Since the Series S does not have a disc drive, that would not be possible.
  3. Graham Green4 Win User

Thanks for the reply. Really annoyed as the way I read it, as long as you signed in on the same account and they were transferred from your old xbox, then you could download them. Not explained clearly and now we have lots of games we have to repurchase. I was excited for my son to play the 360 games we had too. I even recently paid 60 quid for FC24 for my son, which he's now had to buy again.
  4. Smwutches Win User

No. The games would have to be owned digitally in order to play them on the Series S.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox One Series S - I'm confused

You have names mixed up. There are no consoles named the Xbox One Series S or Xbox One Series X.

The Xbox One/One S/One X all have a disc drive.

The Xbox One S All Digital Edition does not have a disc drive.

The Xbox Series X has a disc drive.

The Xbox Series S does not have a disc drive.

All the consoles can play backward compatible games. The Series S and One S all digital edition can only play games digitally downloaded.

The other consoles can play games from disc and from digitally downloaded,

I hope this clears things up for you.
  6. Orion Boomer Win User

(NBA2K23) Is it possible I can transfer all of my stuff from the xbox one to my xbox series x?

I wanna know how can I transfer my 2K myplayer from current version to next gen I went from x box one to x box series S
Thema:

1. is there any way an Xbox one disc game can be transferred to x box series s - Similar Threads - disc game transferred

2. How to undigitize a collection/ make the game require a disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to undigitize a collection/ make the game require a disc: Recently I've been trying to convert my (mostly digital) game collection to a physical one, but I noticed an oddity when I go to install. My process is to uninstall the digital version, and...
  3. Do i need to network transfer for disc games??

in XBoX on Windows
    Do i need to network transfer for disc games??: Im currently switching to a series X from my one s and i was wondering if i need to network transfer for disc games for instance i have forza horizon 5 on disc which i played on my one s but want...
  4. How can I network transfer a disc game to the Xbox Series S.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I network transfer a disc game to the Xbox Series S.: My brother who has a Xbox One X, owns Need For Speed Heat on a disc and I tried to do a network transfer so I can play the game with him I downloaded the game and it still wont let me play. Is...
  5. Am I able to transfer my disc game to digital on my new Xbox series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Am I able to transfer my disc game to digital on my new Xbox series S: Can I turn my disc into a digital copy on my New Xbox series s ecfde5a5-5c86-4384-93a8-32dd136bb12f
  6. Will my forza 4 progress transfer from game pass to a disc version of forza 4 if I wanna...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will my forza 4 progress transfer from game pass to a disc version of forza 4 if I wanna...: I wanna get a disc version of forza 4 but I wanna have the same account from the game pass forza 4 to the disc version. Pls help soon e17284f6-57f2-412e-8482-ce8bdcdd39a4
  7. installed a game that i have on a disc through network transfer onto my xbox series s and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    installed a game that i have on a disc through network transfer onto my xbox series s and...: ok so before i put the game onto my series s i accidentally installed a trial of the game i was going to install, now after i network transfered it it wont let me play the full version and is only...
  8. Can a disc game on my Xbox one transfer to my series s?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can a disc game on my Xbox one transfer to my series s?: If I bought a game which isn’t on gamepass on a disc on the Xbox one, using the transfer feature, will it still work on the series s? I’m only wondering since series s is all digital, so if I try...
  9. Did a license transfer and downloaded a game and it says disc is unreadable.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Did a license transfer and downloaded a game and it says disc is unreadable.: I'm new to this website. But I need help. I did a license transfer with a friend and download GTA 5. Every time I launch it, it says that the disc is unreadable. Please help, this is frustrating....
  10. 360 disc drive died - transfer PvZ GW game data to One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 disc drive died - transfer PvZ GW game data to One?: do my 360 has finally carked it. So I went and bought the game on One (of course) and then after I loaded it and started at rank 0. Of course. So then I google. and as of over a year a ago,...