Is there any talk about at least producing a disc reader for the Xbox series S?

Discus and support Is there any talk about at least producing a disc reader for the Xbox series S? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I feel as people with disc that did upgrade to series S could at least get that choice. b9432d71-90f3-4033-999e-6cf40b609974 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Curious Gamer, Feb 20, 2023.

1. Is there any talk about at least producing a disc reader for the Xbox series S?

I feel as people with disc that did upgrade to series S could at least get that choice.

:)

Curious Gamer, Feb 20, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Curious, here in this community the procedures are more focused on gameplay issues on Xbox consoles and PC, as this is a sugestion the ideal in this case would be to use the former Uservoice, that now works on Insider on the Reddit platform to make this recommendation to Microsoft.

Insider Ideas

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/wiki/ideas/
  3. ngocphi Win User

No as ita by design

Series s is not meant to use a disk drive AA IRA far too small and lacks the security chip

Ontop of that you would need more storage

Series s is specifically designed to use less space not more as you need space for temporary files for installation and swap files since you need to constantly buffer to keep up with the disk reading

And digital consoles are designed as digital consoles not disks

This is regardless of console

Any news would be on wire.Xbox.com

Only thing on the books is ps5 pro with the modular design but as proven with Lego phoneand moto z series modular has been proven a failure

Your suggestion. Would be more expensive then the piice difference between series s and x

Which make it a instant failure
  4. CosmicCraze Win User

If I buy the physical copy of Hogwarts Legacy on the Xbox one, will it work on the new Xbox Series 1 console?

Yes, Xbox One game discs should work on the Xbox Series X consoles, as they are backwards compatible. So if you buy the physical copy of Hogwarts Legacy on the Xbox One, you should be able to play it on the Xbox Series X consoles, However If you don't have a Digital Copy or Disk Reader technology that reads disks and install them on you're Console it'll will not work on Series S as it's all Digital.
  5. iTellado Win User

Destiny installation error

Sorry to hear it. The disc reader may be failing if it's making strange noises. You can set up a repair of the console at this link http://devicesupport.microsoft.com/

In the meantime, although this method isn't recommended, you can try holding the disc for 2-3 seconds after the reader grabs it to see if that forces a read. Remember, this is only a temporary fix and could damage the disc if you try this method.
    Hello, I may have the reader broken, but then it would have to happen with all the disks, and the problem i have only with the Destiny disk. When I insert any other disc everything works normally ande the reader does not emit any unusual noise. I have tested
    with two different Destiny disks, but it does not recognize any. It´s a strange problem, that´s why I expose it. Thank you for the help
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Skywalker Saga Xbox One S - compatible?

Hi Kevinharley! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

If the disc have the legend that it's for Xbox One, it will work on any Xbox one console (Xbox one fat/Xbox one S or Xbox one X) what could be the issue is that the console he has is a Xbox one S digital edition that doesn't have a disc reader, but that won't be because is incompatible, just unable to use a disc game
Thema:

1. Is there any talk about at least producing a disc reader for the Xbox series S? - Similar Threads - talk least producing

2. Is there a way I can view/talk to my Xbox friends online instead of constantly having to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there a way I can view/talk to my Xbox friends online instead of constantly having to...: I just feel like it'd be a lot more convenient and I haven't really seen anything about it. c7b606d6-5424-4fb1-9c3e-44aa5f07ada6
  3. I get randomly disconnected from my Xbox party (I'm on pc) and I cannot hear nor talk to my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I get randomly disconnected from my Xbox party (I'm on pc) and I cannot hear nor talk to my...: For the last 2 weeks, I have gotten randomly disconnected from my Xbox party yet it does not say disconnected nor connecting, and the issue will happen if I leave my current party to join another....
  4. I cannot seem to talk to other people, but I can hear sounds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot seem to talk to other people, but I can hear sounds.: I've tried and verified that it isn't a hardware issue by seeing if they work on a different computer and used 2 pairs of headphones. It started randomly when I plugged my headset in and my...
  5. Why can’t I talk to people through my Xbox after I went through a suspension, it was...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I talk to people through my Xbox after I went through a suspension, it was...: Got comms banned waited till I was un banned and I still can’t speak to people a41bc0f5-01be-4c3d-922a-f89eda451e3b
  6. I cannot hear anyone or talk to anybody on Fortnite

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot hear anyone or talk to anybody on Fortnite: I can’t hear anybody or talk on Fortnite d757a28c-e81c-40a4-a0de-2f804b61df31
  7. My stealth 600 gen 2 max wireless headphone i cant use my mic it wont let me talk

in XBoX on Consoles
    My stealth 600 gen 2 max wireless headphone i cant use my mic it wont let me talk: My stealth 600 gen 2 max wireless headphone i cant use my mic it wont let me talk im on the controller Xbox accessory I’m looking trying to open up the volume. It keeps skipping past the volume to...
  8. How do I talk to a person at microsoft?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I talk to a person at microsoft?: I can sign in, but it won't sign me on. Does Microsoft not support accounts anymore? ef8748e9-0625-48c7-84fc-e60d2638d67b
  9. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  10. I want to talk to my friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to talk to my friend: So i got suspended on xbox because i cussed at this guy for greiefing because also he did this about 3 times and it got annoying and i promise i wont do it again i just really want to talk to my...