Is There Any Other Way To Resolve A Startup Error?

Discus and support Is There Any Other Way To Resolve A Startup Error? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an XBox One S. A little bit ago, I was playing Forza Horizon 4 and the game had frozen. I closed the game and noticed the console was behaving... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Annalise Hosken, Oct 6, 2023.

1. Is There Any Other Way To Resolve A Startup Error?

I have an XBox One S. A little bit ago, I was playing Forza Horizon 4 and the game had frozen. I closed the game and noticed the console was behaving very sluggishly. I powered down the console using the XBox button on the controller and turned the console back on. It would not boot past a black screen. At this point, I decided to do the next logical thing I could do, which was to disconnect the HDMI cable, AC power cable, and the USB cable for the controller. I waited a few minutes, plugged them back in, then powered the console on again. It still had this issue.

At this point, I knew that the next thing I needed to try was a factory reset. I booted the XBox One S into the troubleshooting menu and attempted to factory reset the console. I attempted both "keep your games and apps" and "delete everything." Each time, it resulted in an error code (E102). I searched online for the next option and followed the directions stated there to perform an offline update. When I tried running the update, the progress bar stayed at 0% for about 10 minutes, then it failed and gave me an error code again (this time it was an E101).

Is there anything other option available for me at this point? I cannot afford to either have the console repaired or to upgrade. If I could afford an upgrade at any point in the last few years, I would have gladly upgraded, but things have been rough.

:)

Annalise Hosken, Oct 6, 2023
  2. Annalise Hosken Win User

True. It's okay, it just means I won't be playing any video games for... Well, indefinitely tbh. Thank you for your time.
  3. The_Last_DJ Win User

Hello Annalise! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Looks like you have done loads of options already. Reading everything it sounds like the HDD is starting to fail which is why you are getting all these errors.
  4. The_Last_DJ Win User

The issue with the HDD is they do wear out eventually.
  5. Annalise Hosken Win User

So I'm probably out of luck then? That's a bummer, it will probably be a long while before I can replace the console
  6. The_Last_DJ Win User

How old is the console out of interest? You have already power cycled the console and tried doing both online and offline updates.
Thema:

1. Is There Any Other Way To Resolve A Startup Error? - Similar Threads - Resolve Startup Error

2. Would anyone know to resolve this issue of me having issues putting my payment info on my...

in XBoX on Windows
    Would anyone know to resolve this issue of me having issues putting my payment info on my...: When I put in the info and try to continue it give my status code: 8c250005 and I’m not sure how to fix this I wanna try and buy some things before the store shuts down and I would greatly...
  3. How to resolve NAT Type: Unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to resolve NAT Type: Unavailable: Hello, I would like some help with a Network issue on the Xbox One S. As of late Wednesday(June 12), I've been unable to connect to Monster Hunter World Servers. I can see the servers as well as...
  4. Can somebody help me fix my YouTube or maybe Xbox can resolve it???

in XBoX on Windows
    Can somebody help me fix my YouTube or maybe Xbox can resolve it???: Im trying to watch YouTube and the screen freezes and the audio continues playing. I cant watch it its unbearable somebody please help me fix this it would he much appreciated....
  5. Xbox error DNS isn't resolving Xbox Server Names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox error DNS isn't resolving Xbox Server Names.: So I turned on my xbox and found it shows as offline. "Forgot" my wifi, and reset the network. Hard rebooted xbox. Power cycled xbox and router. Checked router settings (no issues), tried...
  6. Does clearing a cache in 2024 for a 360 resolve the error code 80151006

in XBoX on Windows
    Does clearing a cache in 2024 for a 360 resolve the error code 80151006: So recently set up my old 360 and ran into the error code 80151006 I found a old post from 2013 saying to clear your cache I was wondering if that would still apply now in 2024 or would there be...
  7. xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error: Hello there, whenever i try to connect my xbox 360 to the internet, it gives me a message saying "dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names". It connects to my router when testing the...
  8. XBOX Series X Controller/Poor Support - Can't Resolve Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X Controller/Poor Support - Can't Resolve Issue: I purchased my XBOX Series X last summer. My controller is now experiencing drift on the right stick. Not only does my account show my 1-year warranty is expired, it shows that this warranty was...
  9. Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...: I had an old installation of windows on this computer. I recently reinstalled windows. The folders on the old drive have some permissions issue. I have my new windows setup and working find on...
  10. Issue resolved for latest PC app update (2/23/24)

in XboX Insiders
    Issue resolved for latest PC app update (2/23/24): You will need to use the gaming services repair tool to fix the issue. As I just updated it last night (2/22/24) and the next time I went to launch the same game I had been playing for the last 12...