Is there any differences between gen 8 and gen 9 controllers?

Discus and support Is there any differences between gen 8 and gen 9 controllers? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As I see there's no differences except the D-pad's design. Maybe the vibrations are different, I don't know. 3e1630d9-3a63-4101-8143-b46aa72f8941 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Michael Jersey, Mar 17, 2024.

1. Is there any differences between gen 8 and gen 9 controllers?

As I see there's no differences except the D-pad's design. Maybe the vibrations are different, I don't know.

:)

Michael Jersey, Mar 17, 2024
  2. ngocphi Win User

Not sure where you are looking but next controllers have .more .feature set.then all the previous generations combined

Hall effects, deadzone zeroing., on controller profile switching , customizable buttons and expansion buttons 4 backpedals, built in DAC , user replacable parts, 1000hz polling rate, adaptive triggers, advance haptic feedback, more battery life (30 hours on stealth ultra)

But right now you can get.

these. feature in multiple controllers it just depends how much you want to spend

I sold my 3 regular plus a anniversary controller for a wireless tuttlebeach stealth ultra you can get.the stealth recon wired also or pdp bfg and various other ones with the same feature set you will have to look them up wired ones can go for.100 and wireless can go for a 200 but keep in mind wireless needs a custom dongle for the polling rate or Bluetooth but you lose out on the 1000hz polling rate if you use bluetooth as it's not fast enough

Windows pc xbox and android and iOS steam deck or any of the other windows and Linux based portable consoles steam deck .rog ally etc
  3. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi Michael. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

There are many similarities between the Xbox One and Xbox Series controllers, but there are some key differences:

- Size: the Series controller is slightly smaller than the Xbox One controller.

- Texture and grip: the Series controller has a different texture, tactile dots have been added to improve grip.

- Connection: the Series controller features USB-C instead of micro USB.

Please reach back if you have further questions.
  4. kyle_m4496 Win User

You're most welcome! Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
  5. Michael Jersey Win User

Thanks for the reply. I was on to have gen 9 controller but as much I see, it is not necessary.
  6. Gerardo CG Win User

Is gen 9 controller's rechargeable battery compatible with the gen 8 controller?

Hi again,

The Kit is basically the battery and the cable. If you only have the battery then you just have to get a micro USB cable and connect it to the controller with the battery on.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
Thema:

1. Is there any differences between gen 8 and gen 9 controllers? - Similar Threads - differences between gen

2. Why is the sales tax different between accounts on the same system?

in XboX Insiders
    Why is the sales tax different between accounts on the same system?: My husband and I both have xbox accounts, his account is under my 2nd email but he pays for gamepass, his account has cheaper sales tax, both emails were created in the same house, both xbox...
  3. Insiders Beta Ring Member, Curious as to what UI & other differences there are between Beta...

in XboX Insiders
    Insiders Beta Ring Member, Curious as to what UI & other differences there are between Beta...: Basically I'm curious as to what is different within Beta as of now? Is the UI different in some way? Like what is different than someone who's not in the insiders program? submitted by...
  4. What is the different between hogwarts legacy series one version game disc play on the xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What is the different between hogwarts legacy series one version game disc play on the xbox...: frame rate? image quality? 4b75aa20-819a-4ed2-9d87-8087e84086aa
  5. What’s the difference between (2023) MW3 Vault Edition and (2023) MW3 Vault Edition Upgrade

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What’s the difference between (2023) MW3 Vault Edition and (2023) MW3 Vault Edition Upgrade: Not sure what this box is for, but I did not buy the Vault Edition. I bought the Vault Edition Upgrade , but i still cannot play MW3. I was just wanted to know what the difference between the two...
  6. Xbox Console: Any differences between 2022 and 2023 Xbox X series console? Enough to care?...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Console: Any differences between 2022 and 2023 Xbox X series console? Enough to care?...: Xbox Console: Any differences between 2022 and 2023 Xbox X series console? Enough to care? Thanks. 51e0b1ca-bef1-4116-b252-70521cd3093a
  7. What's the difference between online multiplayer and online console multiplayer?

in XBoX on Windows
    What's the difference between online multiplayer and online console multiplayer?: What's the difference between online multiplayer and online console multiplayer? 9b7b94cc-2efd-4f38-bb30-aa60c1d6bd02
  8. I would like to know the difference between a national and international Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I would like to know the difference between a national and international Xbox: I would like to know what the difference is regarding price and warranty since I am about to buy a new console. 737ab7a3-2465-469e-9da9-7d65558d9894
  9. What is the difference between a permanent ban and a permanent suspension.

in XBoX Accessibility
    What is the difference between a permanent ban and a permanent suspension.: What is the difference between a permanent ban and a permanent suspension???? 015494a1-700e-4fb3-8516-f8c9a8c6c427
  10. How can I tell the difference between the Xbox 360 Core or Arcade?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I tell the difference between the Xbox 360 Core or Arcade?: My Xbox is matte white, with a matte white disc tray and a manufactured date of May 28, 2008 as well as a HDMI port. Is this more likely to be a core or arcade model? Also this is a different...