Is there a way with Game Bar, to Record at a different resolution than the Desktop or Game...

Discus and support Is there a way with Game Bar, to Record at a different resolution than the Desktop or Game... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Just wondering how to capture in a different resolution than the Desktop/Default/Game is set at? For example, if your Desktop is set to 1920x1080,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Tesityr, May 11, 2024.

1. Tesityr
    Tesityr Guest

Is there a way with Game Bar, to Record at a different resolution than the Desktop or Game...

Just wondering how to capture in a different resolution than the Desktop/Default/Game is set at?

For example, if your Desktop is set to 1920x1080, and the Game itself starts and runs at 1920x1080, is there a way to tell the Game Bar to Record at 1280x720?

In the Gaming section, under Settings - there seems to be no way to configure a Resolution to capture at.

There seems to be no way to set a Resolution that would be different from the Default Resolution of the Desktop (whatever it is at). That is, there is no way to change the 'size' that the Game Bar is capturing... (it will always be just at whatever the Desktop or Game itself was running at).

[If this is something that is a bit too 'advanced' for average Users (from the view of Game Bar programmers) perhaps putting it behind an "Advanced Settings" button or menu, or similar, might allow such a setting to be included into the ever-evolving Game Bar. I have seen this setting (to record at a different resolution than the Desktop/Game is running at) in multiple game recording programs - but i'd rather use Microsoft's Game Bar to record my games, if possible! haha]

:)

Tesityr, May 11, 2024
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: