Is there a way to map the share button on the controller to toggle gamechat

Discus and support Is there a way to map the share button on the controller to toggle gamechat in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Like the tittle says, I play a lot of dayz and in the party chat, it’s very time consuming to press the Xbox button, go to the chat tab, and toggle it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by kingbuzzman, Oct 4, 2023.

1. kingbuzzman
    kingbuzzman Guest

Like the tittle says, I play a lot of dayz and in the party chat, it’s very time consuming to press the Xbox button, go to the chat tab, and toggle it there. Those crucial moments it takes to do that: you’re dead.

Is there a way to map them?

:)

kingbuzzman, Oct 4, 2023
  2. kingbuzzman Win User

Is there a way to contact m$ support about it? This seems like a useful option to have, you can map the button to a lot of other things, why not this?
  3. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. Unfortunately there is no way to do so. You'll have to stick to using the Xbox button.
  4. DTW Dirty Harry Win User

So much crap on screen

The "way too simple for Dice to ever implemented" solution is to be able to toggle the HUD dynamically on and off by mapping it to a button on the controller, like the D pad for example.
  5. LilySnaps Win User

How to hide gamertags in overwatch: replays?

I haven't tried it on replay but you can map a button to "Toggle UI" which is found at the bottom of Controls in the Options in the game.

This will let you get rid of everything (gamertags, abilitys, health etc) but gameplay on the screen. I don't think there is a way to just get rid of gamertags.

Hope this helps :)
  6. 9c565b28-9d56-4576-a Win User

How to hide gamertags in overwatch: replays?

I haven't tried it on replay but you can map a button to "Toggle UI" which is found at the bottom of Controls in the Options in the game.

This will let you get rid of everything (gamertags, abilitys, health etc) but gameplay on the screen. I don't think there is a way to just get rid of gamertags.

Hope this helps :)
    It work. Thanks. It help alot.
Thema:

1. Is there a way to map the share button on the controller to toggle gamechat - Similar Threads - map share button

2. The A button on my XBOX controller got mapped to the pause button on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    The A button on my XBOX controller got mapped to the pause button on PC: I have been using my xbox controller on my pc with 0 problems for the past 2-3 years, and out of no where my A button got mapped to the pause button. For example I play rocket league, and when I...
  3. Rocket League workshop maps on Xbox consoles

in XboX Insiders
    Rocket League workshop maps on Xbox consoles: I want to play workshop maps on Rocket League. However, that feature isn’t available on Xbox. I was wondering if you guys at Xbox can work with Psyonix (the creators/developers of Rocket League)...
  4. changing the wheel or button mapping

in XBoX on Consoles
    changing the wheel or button mapping: I am having issues with my stealth 700 gen 2 headset I can get it to synce fine to both the my series x and my phone but I can not control any volume or 230c3222-84a1-4134-bd89-e766cd4425c2
  5. When is Microsoft going to expand button mapping for 3rd party controllers for Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    When is Microsoft going to expand button mapping for 3rd party controllers for Xbox: Email from Fanatec: Thanks for reaching out to us. Functionality on Xbox consoles is limited by the Xbox OS. Our Xbox-licensed Steering Wheels have almost the same number of usable inputs as the...
  6. I can no longer edit my forge map in halo infinite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can no longer edit my forge map in halo infinite: In halo infinite forge i was just minding my own business when suddenly i was booted off the map i was making. I tried loading back in but it sayed it was copy protected even though i was the one...
  7. 2 Xbox sharing Minecraft maps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    2 Xbox sharing Minecraft maps: I’ve been an Xbox gamer since day one of the original brick Xbox. I now own an Xbox series X. My kids are finally old enough to enjoy an Xbox as well and I’ve spent around 200 dollars on Minecraft...
  8. Will the profile button on the elite 2 control ever be able to re map the bottom to share

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the profile button on the elite 2 control ever be able to re map the bottom to share: I seriously wish I googled this b4 I bought the thing today 46165765-6bec-4e5d-b69d-955b8179e8da
  9. Request: The ability to map the “share” button to a mute functionality

in XboX Insiders
    Request: The ability to map the “share” button to a mute functionality: Please? It would be insanely appreciated! submitted by /u/tnel77 [link] [comments]
  10. Share Mine craft map between two players, playing at different times

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Share Mine craft map between two players, playing at different times: I would like to share a map between me and my kids and me on a single xbox one. We would like to play the same map when not everyone is home (I work rotating shifts) but use are own Microsoft...