Is there a way to manually download cloud saves/forcing a sync from cloud on Game Pass for PC?

Discus and support Is there a way to manually download cloud saves/forcing a sync from cloud on Game Pass for PC? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem trying to continue playing Metro: Exodus. While launching the game the Xbox software tries to ask me whether I'd like to use... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Kraeth, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Kraeth
    Kraeth Guest

Is there a way to manually download cloud saves/forcing a sync from cloud on Game Pass for PC?

Hello,

I have a problem trying to continue playing Metro: Exodus. While launching the game the Xbox software tries to ask me whether I'd like to use the save on my pc or the one store in cloud. Problem is, the game really doesn't like this and gets stuck on a black
    screen and won't let me access the pop-up for the sync. The only way I can manage to access the sync window is funny enough by making the game crash via alt-tab (can't access the Task Manager, if I start Metro in safe mode alt-tab does nothing and I have to
    sign out via ctrl-alt-del) and while the window pops up, selecting either of the options doesn't seem to do anything most likely due to the game no longer running.

Forcing a sync from cloud without running the game might work as well, is there any way to do it?

:)

Kraeth, Dec 16, 2019
  2. David Wirsching Win User

PC Game Pass - Snowrunner - Buying a DLC (Year 1 pass) make me lose my profile and saves

Open the Xbox app on your PC.

Click your profile icon in the upper right corner of the screen and select "Settings."

In the "General" section, check if the "Sync files saved to the cloud" option is enabled. If it is not, be sure to activate it.

Next, go to the "My Games" tab in the Xbox app and select the game for which you want to check cloud sync.

On the game page, look for the "Manage" or "Options" option and select "See more options."

A list of options related to the game will appear. Look for an option that says "Sync files saved to the cloud" or something similar. Make sure it is enabled.

Once you've verified and enabled cloud sync, you can try to force a sync by following these steps:

Open the Xbox app on your PC.

Click your profile icon in the upper right corner of the screen and select "Settings."

In the "General" section, scroll down and look for the "Sync now" option. Click on it to force an immediate sync.

This should initiate a sync of your cloud-saved files to your PC. If there are files saved in the cloud, they will be downloaded and synced with your game.
  3. XBF John Win User

Xbox PC Game Pass Cloud save not synching with PC device anymore - No Man's Sky

Hello,

So, in terms of saves, I found another thread that seemed to have a similar issue: Xbox Game Pass on PC : Force Cloud Save Sync - Microsoft Community. For this it recommends deleting local save files. You can probably move them instead of deleting them so if the game doesn't register the local files and it still doesn't sync, you don't lose your save entirely.

Just in case, I play No Man's Sky on my Console but I'm downloading it on my PC with Xbox Game Pass to see if I can check out any discrepancies and seeing about reproducing your issue. I know that on Xbox when you first launch the game, it will sync your data for No Man's Sky before launching. So I've logged onto my Xbox, played around a little and used a save point to save before exiting. NMS is currently downloading on my PC so when it finishes I will double check and see if it and how it syncs the saves.

When you launch the game does it detail anything that says it's syncing or anything like that?

Just additional resources just in case:

Thank you,

4. JonasGarbuio Win User

PC Game Pass - Snowrunner - Buying a DLC (Year 1 pass) make me lose my profile and saves

As I uninstalled the game i don't have any save file on pc, hence the 'I lost my saves'

It should be downloaded with the game like before but it's not the case.

How can I check cloud sync and force a sync ?
  5. spences1316 Win User

Crusader Kings 3 GamePass

I'm having the same issue. For me its the cloud sync that causes the crashing. When I re-install it and start it up again I cancel the cloud sync and it runs just fine. I can't find any fix for it or any way to delete cloud save data for PC game pass games.
  6. IceStorm III Win User

Upgrading Xbox, HDD data?

You're Gold. Enable Cloud Storage and copy your save game files to the Cloud Storage device. Make sure they all show sync after copying. You may need to enable background downloading, then power off the console to force a sync. Once everything shows sync
    you'll be able to enable Cloud Storage on the new console and download all your saves to the new console. You can also elect to leave them on the Cloud Storage device.

DLC and Avatar Itmes can be re-downloaded from your Download History.
Thema:

1. Is there a way to manually download cloud saves/forcing a sync from cloud on Game Pass for PC? - Similar Threads - manually download cloud

2. Xbox Series X: Manual Controller Shutdown Affecting Download Speed

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X: Manual Controller Shutdown Affecting Download Speed: Hey everyone, I’ve noticed an interesting issue with my Xbox Series X. Whenever I manually turn off my controller, it seems to affect the download speed on my console. Has anyone else...
  3. Looking for pdf user manual for Kinect V2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Looking for pdf user manual for Kinect V2: Hi, I would need to download the pdf version of the user manual of Kinect V2, but it looks like it's missing from the Microsoft website. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks /D...
  4. How to get a manual refund?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to get a manual refund?: My son used the wrong card to purchase vc for his build on 2k24 due to the Xbox menu being delayed and slow responsiveness… So I tried to refund it a hour later as I returned home but the bot...
  5. Remote play only works if I turn on the xbox manually

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play only works if I turn on the xbox manually: Xbox series X and my iphone are on the same network, xbox is set to instant on but the phone app will not connect (to use remote control or to use remote play) unless i turn the xbox on manually,...
  6. Is there any real or manual way a support representative can help me get into my account ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there any real or manual way a support representative can help me get into my account ?: I have contacted Microsoft support and no one has been able to help me get into my account. Everytime I do the account recover or reinstatement it sais that information is wrong . I made the...
  7. Remote Play only works if I manually power on the xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play only works if I manually power on the xbox: I have an xbox series x, one x, and original S on my network. I can only remote play to these devices if I manually power them on from standby. They are set to standby sleep, NOT power down. I've...
  8. Purchased a Flight sim manual from Microsoft for £15.75 but cant find it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased a Flight sim manual from Microsoft for £15.75 but cant find it.: Purchased a Flight sim manual from Microsoft for £15.75 but cant find it. It is listed under purchases as 075 flight sim credits in my account but cannot find how to view or download the manual....
  9. Can someone manually change my email address that is linked to my xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone manually change my email address that is linked to my xbox account?: Hey so I have a big problem. I had accidentally deleted my email account that is linked to my xbox account. I tried really hard to recover this account but I am truly unable to, and google is not...
  10. 360 version manual identical for X One Bundle download version?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 version manual identical for X One Bundle download version?: Hi all! I have the 360 disc version GotY edition and it came with a paper manual. I just got the Fallout 4 console bundle last night which comes with the B.C. version of Fallout 3. Does anyone...