Is there a way to manually delete a corrupt cloud save for a game which does not support...

Discus and support Is there a way to manually delete a corrupt cloud save for a game which does not support... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For a year now, I have been unable to play Shenmue due to my cloud save being corrupt. The game only supports cloud saves, in offline mode, the game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sunyavadin-9B139249-9ED3-, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Is there a way to manually delete a corrupt cloud save for a game which does not support...

For a year now, I have been unable to play Shenmue due to my cloud save being corrupt. The game only supports cloud saves, in offline mode, the game has no option to save.

As a result of this, there is no option for me to create a new local save and upload it to replace the corrupted one, so every time I try to play, it attempts to download the corrupted one, fails to download it due to the corruption, and then drops me into
    offline mode.

I cannot use the "delete save data everywhere" option because due to the game having no option to save in offline mode, it cannot ever create local save data for me to select in the manage game menu in order to choose this option.

Is there a way to have MS tech support manually delete this one specific game's save data from my cloud storage, as I cannot?

And if not, how does one go about getting a refund on a game which is impossible to play but you have owned for so long now hoping for some kind of fix?

:)

Sunyavadin-9B139249-9ED3-, Aug 9, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. Sunyavadin-9B139249- Win User

Is there a way to manually delete a corrupt cloud save for a game which does not support local save? (Shenmue)

Additional notes -

This is the only one of 450 games currently installed on my xbox which I have ever encountered this issue with.

I have attempted a clean install of the game to the internal drive, as well as each of my external drives to no avail.

Starting the game with no network connection causes the same inability to create a new more recent save file as happens if downloading cloud data fails, I think the game is not configured to recognise the HD as a storage space for saves. (Maybe a result of
    it being a straight Dreamcast port which only looks in one place for a memory card, I dunno)

Attempting to install it on a friend's XBox results in the same issue for me but the game runs fine for him on my system, conclusively connecting the issue to my account's cloud data for the game..
  3. Belle B Win User

Everytime I leave my Minecraft world and save, it says “ can’t save data “ if I delete cloud storage will this delete my worlds I’m playing on?

Hi swiftwolfe I'd love to clarify.

When you play any game, it will be stored in your console's storage locally and will be synced to the cloud that is bound to your Microsoft account. So there's no way to delete your cloud save manually unless you have chosen to delete it everywhere.

But to answer your question, when the cloud is corrupted or deleted, the most recent save from your local storage will be used and will be synced again. Thus, the game will ask you if you wanted the cloud save or the one that is on your local storage.

Additionally, have you tried deleting some of your worlds manually on your world's list to see if the issue suffices?
  4. SigmaTheDJ Win User

How do I Delete Games that I saved From the cloud On Xbox one

Unfortunately there is no way to browse save files that are stored in the cloud, so you can't go through them and delete the ones you no longer want.

You can delete a cloud save, but only if you have the game installed and also have a local save. To do that, go into "Manage game" for the game, go into "Saved data", then instead of clicking the "Delete all" button, highlight the save, press the menu button on your controller, then choose the option to delete the save. That will bring up another screen that gives you a "Delete everywhere" option, which deletes both the local and cloud save.

Unfortunately, that is currently the only way to manually delete a save from the cloud.
  5. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Lost Game Saves - Can we PLEASE have file control back?

@Randver - That's not explaining why my post was rated at 1 star.

Firstly, why do you want to manually back up saves to the cloud? You really want to go into a menu, scroll through a ton of content, find the game, click on it, find the save, click on it, then choose "Save to cloud", instead of just having it done automatically
    for every single game you own?

As for every console since the PS1 having memory management, that is not a good argument either. The PS1 didn't have cloud storage. The Xbox 360 and PS3 were the first consoles to offer cloud storage, but it was added late in the generation, not designed
    that way from the beginning.

Having memory management does not fix issues with corrupt/disappearing saves. It's down to EA/Dice to fix that with Battlefield 4. Your Battlefield 4 save is already synced to the cloud automatically, so forcing you to do that manually does not mean that
    the save would suddenly stop getting corrupted. It would just make it MORE frustrating, because you'd have to dig through a bunch of menus to sync your save with the cloud manually, then when you recovered your cloud save you'd find that it was corrupt as
    well because THE ISSUE IS WITH THE GAME.
  6. Reactor Leak SF Win User

forza horizon4 archive corruption

Definitely let us know if that works. If you

delete the local game and the cloud save doesnt work....then either the cloud save itself is corrupted or something is wrong with your system when trying to download it, neither of which is good
Thema:

Is there a way to manually delete a corrupt cloud save for a game which does not support...

1. Is there a way to manually delete a corrupt cloud save for a game which does not support... - Similar Threads - manually delete corrupt

2. Xbox Series X: Manual Controller Shutdown Affecting Download Speed

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X: Manual Controller Shutdown Affecting Download Speed: Hey everyone, I’ve noticed an interesting issue with my Xbox Series X. Whenever I manually turn off my controller, it seems to affect the download speed on my console. Has anyone else...
  3. Looking for pdf user manual for Kinect V2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Looking for pdf user manual for Kinect V2: Hi, I would need to download the pdf version of the user manual of Kinect V2, but it looks like it's missing from the Microsoft website. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks /D...
  4. How to get a manual refund?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to get a manual refund?: My son used the wrong card to purchase vc for his build on 2k24 due to the Xbox menu being delayed and slow responsiveness… So I tried to refund it a hour later as I returned home but the bot...
  5. Remote play only works if I turn on the xbox manually

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play only works if I turn on the xbox manually: Xbox series X and my iphone are on the same network, xbox is set to instant on but the phone app will not connect (to use remote control or to use remote play) unless i turn the xbox on manually,...
  6. Is there any real or manual way a support representative can help me get into my account ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there any real or manual way a support representative can help me get into my account ?: I have contacted Microsoft support and no one has been able to help me get into my account. Everytime I do the account recover or reinstatement it sais that information is wrong . I made the...
  7. Remote Play only works if I manually power on the xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play only works if I manually power on the xbox: I have an xbox series x, one x, and original S on my network. I can only remote play to these devices if I manually power them on from standby. They are set to standby sleep, NOT power down. I've...
  8. Purchased a Flight sim manual from Microsoft for £15.75 but cant find it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased a Flight sim manual from Microsoft for £15.75 but cant find it.: Purchased a Flight sim manual from Microsoft for £15.75 but cant find it. It is listed under purchases as 075 flight sim credits in my account but cannot find how to view or download the manual....
  9. Can someone manually change my email address that is linked to my xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone manually change my email address that is linked to my xbox account?: Hey so I have a big problem. I had accidentally deleted my email account that is linked to my xbox account. I tried really hard to recover this account but I am truly unable to, and google is not...
  10. how does one manually set/control/expand game save allocations for any given game, or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    how does one manually set/control/expand game save allocations for any given game, or...: Rigid game save allocations mean I am often running out of space to save on so many games. Worse than this, the allocation is not extended for other users, so I might only have room for saves in...