Is there a way to limit the download speed of the xbox app on PC without having to edit the...

Discus and support Is there a way to limit the download speed of the xbox app on PC without having to edit the... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is there a way to limit the download speed of the xbox app on PC without having to edit the registers? I don't want to do that and also seems really... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PetarKabakov, Apr 16, 2023.

1. PetarKabakov
    PetarKabakov Guest

Is there a way to limit the download speed of the xbox app on PC without having to edit the...

Is there a way to limit the download speed of the xbox app on PC without having to edit the registers? I don't want to do that and also seems really stupid that you cannot do that from the Xbox app itself. I do not want to have all my bandwidth taken from the Xbox app, it is just ridiculous. I would've thought that a company like Microsoft would try and make the live of the average consumer easy rather than difficult.

:)

PetarKabakov, Apr 16, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

Is there a way to limit the download speed of the xbox app on PC without having to edit the registers?

Yes it's simple do it on your router

Routers job is to control traffic including limiting bandwidrh
  3. Wille M. Win User

Is there a way to limit the download speed of the xbox app on PC without having to edit the registers?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there.

I'm Wille, an Independent Advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

As I really want to help you, I did the test, and I noticed activating the limited connection option in Windows on Ethernet and Wi-Fi and limiting network usage in Windows Delivery Optimization, it has no effect.

Unfortunately, natively, there is no such option. This is a good opportunity to recommend this feature on Windows 10. You can recommend it at the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/env...

Now, if you want to do this alternatively, you can use NetLimiter. It's not a Microsoft program, but it works well for what it was designed for.

You can download it from the link below:

https://www.netlimiter.com/

Note: You can use the trial version for 28 days and test it out.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to provide accurate and secure information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products that are often classified as PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before deciding to download and install it.

I hope these information helps somehow. Feel free to let us know if you have further questions or concerns and we will try with our knowledge to offer assistance.

Hugs! :)
  4. XBF Ezra G Win User

How can I limit download speed on the XB1?

Hello GregJohnson1,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are looking for a way to limit download speed on your Xbox One. Speed limiting for downloads is not an available feature for the Xbox One, a way around this could be through your router's configurations. Many routers
    made recently have options for limiting bandwidth to devices on the network.

I hope this information helps.
  5. XBF-Spartan Win User

Limited download speed on Xbox app

Hi Gossenik,

Thanks for your reply. Are you still experiencing the slow download issue?
  6. Gossenik Win User

Limited download speed on Xbox app

Yes it is latest version and i tried on my both drives (SSD and HDD) with same result
Thema:

1. Is there a way to limit the download speed of the xbox app on PC without having to edit the... - Similar Threads - limit download speed

2. Microsoft Store device limit causing DLC to be unavailable in game

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Store device limit causing DLC to be unavailable in game: I was having an issue with my ROG Ally where Vampire Survivors was not loading the DLC in the game. After a lot of unsuccessful trial and error, uninstalling/installing, and research on forums, I...
  3. How do I increase my xbox message limit

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I increase my xbox message limit: How do I increase my xbox message limit Ive never had a issue with it before but now I cant message friends at all, I have no Parental controls it just says "Messages cant be sent" This is the...
  4. Limited download speed while playing

in XboX Insiders
    Limited download speed while playing: I always wondered why does xbox limit my download (installing game) speed if I run a game. I can clearly understand that when I'm starting a multiplayer game so that download my affect my...
  5. Why is the Xbox App Download Limit Tied to the Windows Update Bandwidth Settings?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the Xbox App Download Limit Tied to the Windows Update Bandwidth Settings?: This is a very tedious issue I have with the Xbox app. Why is the download limit tied to the Windows update bandwidth? The app should have its own download limits. This was an issue I spent ages...
  6. How to set a bandwidth limit to download games on the Xbox App for Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to set a bandwidth limit to download games on the Xbox App for Windows 11: I just bought the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and I want to install some games. The problem is that when I start downloading them the Xbox app uses all the bandwidth and I can't do anything else on...
  7. How can I limit download speeds is Microsoft's Xbox Game Pass (PC) App

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I limit download speeds is Microsoft's Xbox Game Pass (PC) App: I'm attempting to limit Download speeds in the Xbox Game pass app. It seems keen to max out my connection of 40 mbps, adversely affecting other clients who are trying to stream content. After...
  8. How can I limit download speed on the XB1?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I limit download speed on the XB1?: How can I set a download speed limit on the XB1? When there's a download running it ties up my entire bandwidth. I'm left with the choice of no downloading or having everything else choked down to...
  9. block game updates for my microsoft family or set download limit per month.

in XBoX on Consoles
    block game updates for my microsoft family or set download limit per month.: How can I block updates for installed games for members in my Microsoft family? we have a limited amount of internet per month, and my kids do updates to my installed games and waste all our...
  10. When will we be getting a way to limit the download speed the Xbox One uses?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will we be getting a way to limit the download speed the Xbox One uses?: With many programs out there one can limit the speed at which a pc, tablet, etc. download and so can we please get this ability on the Xbox One?!?!?. Right now my experience with the Xbox One...