Is there a way to know the reason for being permanently banned?

Discus and support Is there a way to know the reason for being permanently banned? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi! Like many others, I just got permanently banned for seemingly no reason. I was not warned, nobody said anything, I was not given a chance to fix... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by davenemeth, Oct 15, 2023.

1. davenemeth
    davenemeth Guest

Hi! Like many others, I just got permanently banned for seemingly no reason. I was not warned, nobody said anything, I was not given a chance to fix the problem, if there was any. I just got banned and I don't even know why.

I am going to avoid xbox live as much as possible and never buy any games on this fraudulent platform. Unfortunately my son wants to play Minecraft, so I will probably create a new account as there is no other way to play it. To avoid being banned again, it would be nice to know why I was banned.

Is there a way to find out why I was permanently banned? I asked the enforcement team but they don't even care to answer.

:)

davenemeth, Oct 15, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

details of your case can take up to 48 hours to appear, if you check your email you should find a link

please be aware that you get a single appeal, and I would wait until all details of your case have appeared before writing one. Be as detailed as humanly possible, that will help improve your chances of reversing it.

https://enforcement.xbox.com
  3. davenemeth Win User

Thank you for your reply and the hint about waiting a bit, but it is already an older story.

TL&DR:

• I got banned -> I appealed + asked why -> no answer, but ban removed
    • 2 weeks later I got banned again (probably the same problem) -> appealed again, asked again why -> rejected, reason unknown, no warning, zero communication
    • a few months have passed
    • redeemed a key while logged in with my main (banned) account -> MS added the game to the banned account -> immediately lost the freshly bought game -> fraud

This "take the money and run" strategy is disgusting and maybe even illegal (or maybe there is hidden paragraph somewhere deep in the terms and conditions where they state, that this is a know risk of using the platform).

The non-existent customer support is unprofessional.

Months later I still have no idea, why I was banned. I asked on every possible channel:

chatted with support -> they have no access

called support -> they have no access

multiple e-mails to enforcement team -> they didn't even answer

Lesson learned: I will avoid using such a fraudulent platform as much as I can.

[​IMG]
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Permanently Banned - Remeio

I read that part but you also mentioned that you are permanently banned so taking into consideration that you are an Xbox ambassador I guessed that you knew that permanently banned and device banned are considered different bans, and that you should also know that a device ban it's not issue lightly as there's no way to revert one of those so that's why I focused on the permanently banned, but if you're just talking about a device ban there's no way to unban a device, and like I mentioned before customer support can't help you with this as they don't have access to information about enforcement actions or the reasons for them
  5. Yahyyya ‎‎ Win User

My console has been banned but i have no active suspensions

Is there any way to know if a ban is temporary or permanent?
  6. Temhotabot Win User

LOCKED: Unfairly Banned!!!!!

That glitch you mention, the one that happened in October of 2009, was in fact a legitimate stance taken by MS to show its community that they will not allow modifications on their console or service.

Console bans are not handed out lightly. No one gets permanently banned from XBL for 'no reason'. And there are other ways of being console banned other than the most common tampering/modification.
Thema:

1. Is there a way to know the reason for being permanently banned? - Similar Threads - reason being permanently

2. Can't seem to play on Xbox without being blocked for no reason

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't seem to play on Xbox without being blocked for no reason: Whenever I play on Xbox sometimes I meet a good friend and then next thing I know he blocks me. Like I met this friend about a year and a half ago. After I met him we were in parties every day....
  3. Xbox account is supposedly suspended after not being used since 2016 with no reason given.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox account is supposedly suspended after not being used since 2016 with no reason given.: Hello, I have not used my Xbox accountince around 2016 and I decided to try and login today after speaking about the good old days with a friend. When logging in it says the following:...
  4. “Hardware issue” that prevent connectivity to Wi-Fi even though there seems to be no reason...

in XboX Insiders
    “Hardware issue” that prevent connectivity to Wi-Fi even though there seems to be no reason...: Hi all! I was trying to play my Xbox X today and it keeps giving me a “hardware issue” when I try to connect to my Wi-Fi (despite all of my other devices connecting just fine). We recently had a...
  5. Would there be any reason my xbox elite series 2 controller Y buttons wouldn't respond on PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Would there be any reason my xbox elite series 2 controller Y buttons wouldn't respond on PC?: Problem: Y button on controller fresh out of the box responds 3/4 times. Recently my elite v2 controllers right bumper went out, no biggie. Went and bought another and the y button would...
  6. Is controller drift considered to be a plausible reason to request a replacement controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is controller drift considered to be a plausible reason to request a replacement controller: I have begun to suffer from controller drift and it is affecting my gaming experience I would like to fix this issue however possible. bcb8a19d-19a9-4c24-9fe2-9a4faae57d07
  7. Could my ISP be the reason for my high packet loss?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Could my ISP be the reason for my high packet loss?: My issue is that my xbox has a consistently 50+% packet loss on my ISP (Hawaiian Telcom). -I tried the box on another ISP (Spectrum) at a friend's house, 0% packet loss. -I connected the Xbox...
  8. This guy named ninja reported me for the reason he put b word then **** and i should be...

in XBoX Accessibility
    This guy named ninja reported me for the reason he put b word then **** and i should be...: He falsely reported me he put for the reason the b word then the a word is gamertag is Ninja idk his hashtag but he has a gamer pick with a anamie pick its got a black guy with black hair with...
  9. The most dum reason I got banned: Partner shouldn't be one definition

in XBoX on Consoles
    The most dum reason I got banned: Partner shouldn't be one definition: So I was playing some sea of theieves I wanted to play with a partner (not romantic) so I decided to make a post the post read "Looking for a partner or 2 UwU ~❤" and so I met some people had some...
  10. Can't cast video to xbox anymore (03/2019) Xbox cannot be detected on network for some reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't cast video to xbox anymore (03/2019) Xbox cannot be detected on network for some reason: I have always been able to cast from my devices to my Xbox as it is the only device I can do this from. But tonight, when I went to do this the app I always use took ages to searching for a...