Is there a way to improve the Microphone quality for the Starfield Limited Edition Headset?

Discus and support Is there a way to improve the Microphone quality for the Starfield Limited Edition Headset? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, everyone. I recently ordered and received the Limited Edition Starfield Wireless Headset and I have a small issue. Everything is fine for the most... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gamebread Avery D., Jun 15, 2023.

1. Is there a way to improve the Microphone quality for the Starfield Limited Edition Headset?

Hi, everyone. I recently ordered and received the Limited Edition Starfield Wireless Headset and I have a small issue. Everything is fine for the most part, there's no physical damage, and the sound coming through the headset is fantastic, BUT, when I'm in an Xbox Party Chat with my friends, (On my Series X) they have noticed that (although it's not terrible) the microphone on this headset sounds significantly lower quality than the Headset I was using before, which was the HyperX Cloud Wired Headset. My friends are saying the quality is comparable to talking through a "metal tube".

I have looked through the accessory settings on my Xbox Series X and checked for a firmware update, and nothing seems to fix it. Is there a way to make the mic sound better to my friends? I would hate to have a subpar microphone when everything else is great, especially since I spent over $100 on this headset.

Thanks for the help

-Avery D. "Gamebread"

:)

Gamebread Avery D., Jun 15, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Is there a way to improve the Microphone quality for the Starfield Limited Edition Headset?

Hello Gamebread Avery D.

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

Based on the description, you are sharing concern about what you have experienced with sound quality of the microphone of the headset you are using during party chat. Let us check on this together and sort this out. Rest assured that we will provide related information on how to resolve your concern.

If we may ask, have you use the Xbox accessories app in your Xbox console to adjust equalizer settings, bass boost, and mic monitoring to control how much of your voice that you hear in the headset? If not yet, here is how to use the Xbox accessories app:

• Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories. If you don’t already have the Accessories app installed on your PC or mobile device, you can get it at: Xbox.com/accessories-app
    The Xbox Wireless Headset needs to be powered on and connected to your console or device in order to update its settings in the Accessories app. Depending on how many accessories are connected to your console or device at the time, you may need to scroll left or right to bring up the headset configuration screen.

When you find the Headset screen in the Accessories app, select Configure to open the headset settings menu.

For your reference, see: Set up and configure your Xbox Wireless Headset | Xbox Support

Additionally, if you are not satisfied with the outcome and found it as quality issue of the device, we will raise the concern to our Xbox Team engineer so that they can roll out an improvement with the quality on their next release.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully

Microsoft Community
  4. Claire Higgins Win User

Xbox microphone headset

Hi already tried, the headset quality sound is great its just the microphone
  5. matthewiag Win User

Setting Up A Studio Mic For Couch Streaming On Xbox

Streaming via the console is going to limit your setup capability. Astro Gaming and Turtle Beach Headsets are the way to go.

A PC streaming setup is the way forward to have 3rd Party Microphones to work.
  6. Rishabh0067 Win User

Xbox Wireless Headset - Starfield Limited Edition

Hi
    My name is Rishabh, I hope you are doing great out there. I’m happy to help you with your question.

The Starfield Limited Edition headset is designed to support spatial audio and provide an immersive gaming experience, so if you're not getting spatial audio and the audio sounds like it's coming from the center of your head, there might be some settings or compatibility issues to address:

Driver Installation:
    Make sure you have installed any necessary drivers or software provided by the headset manufacturer. Some headsets require specific drivers to enable spatial audio features.

Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos for Headphones:
    Spatial audio in Windows can be enabled through technologies like Windows Sonic for Headphones or Dolby Atmos for Headphones. You need to enable one of these spatial audio solutions to experience 3D audio. You can activate them by right-clicking the sound icon in the system tray, selecting "Spatial sound," and choosing either Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos.

Game Compatibility:
    Not all games support spatial audio, and some may require specific settings to be configured within the game itself. Make sure you're playing a game that supports spatial audio and check its settings to enable it if necessary.

Headset Compatibility:
    While the Starfield Limited Edition headset is designed for spatial audio, it's possible that there could be compatibility issues with certain systems or setups. Check the manufacturer's website or support resources to ensure the headset is compatible with your specific setup.

Audio Output Settings:
    Confirm that the audio output settings on your PC are correctly set to use the Starfield Limited Edition headset as the default audio device. Sometimes, incorrect settings can affect spatial audio performance.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks and regards
    Rishabh Sohal
Thema:

1. Is there a way to improve the Microphone quality for the Starfield Limited Edition Headset? - Similar Threads - improve Microphone quality

2. Can We Improve Microsoft Edge Browser?

in XboX Insiders
    Can We Improve Microsoft Edge Browser?: Only Browser that we have on Xbox that is somewhat reliable is the edge browser, But it is a struggle , Freezing issues , Bugs and glitches , Video/Movie streaming is unstable, would love to see...
  3. Does the seagate storage expansion card improve textures/graphics for xbox series s games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the seagate storage expansion card improve textures/graphics for xbox series s games...: Hi there, I'm wondering if the seagate storage expansion card improves textures/graphics for xbox series s games like Tekken 8? Or just for storage? a1ccb64c-11d6-4e0f-a50a-da7f08448f8a
  4. Are Microsoft even trying to improve cloud wait times...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are Microsoft even trying to improve cloud wait times...: When are Microsoft going to actually address the forever wait times to play just about any game, I began paying more for ultimate, I love the cloud gaming service try a game before buying it, it...
  5. How do I improve downloading speed?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I improve downloading speed?: I’m downloading Forza horizon 5 which is 170gb (with add ons) and it’s only downloading at 1.5MB/S. That’s like 20 hours to download. I have found that it does this for updates and downloads for...
  6. Game request (The Finals) that will further improve app engagment

in XboX Insiders
    Game request (The Finals) that will further improve app engagment: As per the title. I believe if "The Finals" game that just recently closed its open beta and it is predicted to released early December is the next big thing for FPS enthusiast. With standard game...
  7. We need to improve de live call, to many trols and bad players for the community

in XBoX Games and Apps
    We need to improve de live call, to many trols and bad players for the community: A lot of bad players até comigo from other platforms 05d0c125-04e3-4ccb-af04-0fd19537eeeb
  8. Improving the Xbox Wireless Headset: The Need for a Precise Volume Indicator

in XboX Insiders
    Improving the Xbox Wireless Headset: The Need for a Precise Volume Indicator: I’ve been a daily user of the Xbox Wireless Headset since its release, and I must say, it’s been a fantastic experience. However, there’s one aspect that has been a consistent source of...
  9. Hi. Can I as a gamer and programmer, contribute to improving the Xbox Cloud Gaming Beta...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi. Can I as a gamer and programmer, contribute to improving the Xbox Cloud Gaming Beta...: Please let me know. Thanks. d05f1a14-d675-4003-86bb-769a2c170264
  10. I want to know what will come of new improvements for the xcloud service.

in XboX Insiders
    I want to know what will come of new improvements for the xcloud service.: I want to know what will come of new improvements for the xcloud service. I have seen its evolution but I notice that it is still missing. Especially in input lag. submitted by /u/jonathanfcb...