Is there a way to get FPS Boost added to a game?

Discus and support Is there a way to get FPS Boost added to a game? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Im wondering if it would be at all possible to have a game, Yakuza Kiwami 2, to have FPS Boost enabled. Yakuza Kiwami 2 doesn't have it as an... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ExronSN, Apr 28, 2023.

1. ExronSN
    ExronSN Guest

Hello,

Im wondering if it would be at all possible to have a game, Yakuza Kiwami 2, to have FPS Boost enabled.

Yakuza Kiwami 2 doesn't have it as an option, while all the other titles do, or have 60FPS minimum, so im wondering if theres a way to get Xbox to enable it?

:)

ExronSN, Apr 28, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

It's unlikely that yakuza could have it done for the exact same reason why Shenmue is still, thankfully 30 FPS. The entire game is tied to "beats" which is tied to the frame rate. Altering this requires rebuilding the game from scratch. As this is the spiritual and technological successor to those games, it's very likely it was developed along the same philosophies
  3. ExronSN Win User

Heya!

I am aware of games having alot of issues with FPS, the original Yakuza 2 actually does. Where the dodge mechanic is slower.

With that i do know the PC version has 60+ fps support (i think from a patch), so i am trying to reach SEGA about releasing a patch for it.

Also thanks for letting me know that Microsoft isn't currently updating FPS Boost in games :D
  4. ExronSN Win User

Yeah i thought that could be the reason, i know the original one (Yakuza 2, not Kiwami 2) does have issues with FPS hitting above 30

But since there is a setting, (possibly a patch) on PC, that has 60fps, and since Yakuza 6 does FPS Boost on, and its the same engine has it i wouldn't think it would be much of an issue..

Im guessing it's a console thing, but thanks anyway :D
  5. Wille M. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there.

I'm Wille, an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

The game needs to support FPS Boost to use it. It's not as simple as putting a bit of code in a game and unlocking the frame rate. If it were something easy, hundreds of games would have the boost applied. Sometimes, increasing the frame rate in certain games can really break a game.

This is a community forum, so we can't say for sure if Microsoft will allow increased FPS in more games in the future, but at least for now that's not the case.

For Xbox One games like Yakuza Kiwami 2, it's up to the developer now to release a patch/update to make their game run at a higher frame rate.

FPS boost is done at the Direct3D API level rather than the game level, no code is changed and this is why it's such a difficult process to implement. And, as your probably aware, it's not as simple as getting to 60 or a 120Hz and that's it, the whole game has to tested for any game breaking bugs and glitches.

This a problem I've seen on PC games and it can cause issues from weird/broken physics to crashes and lockups.

Hugs!
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Far Cry 5 seems very laggy, glitchy on Xbox series x.

Hi,

Have you enabled FPS boost for this game? The default settings for Far Cry 5 runs the game at 30 fps (30 frames per second). This game has an 'FPS Boost' option that allows you to play this game at a much smoother 60fps.

• On Xbox Series X, go to My Games and Apps
    • Select Far Cry 5 and choose Manage Games & Add Ons
    • Choose Compatibility Options, then select FPS Boost
    • Enable FPS Boost for Far Cry 5
    • Launch the game.
Thema:

1. Is there a way to get FPS Boost added to a game? - Similar Threads - FPS Boost added

2. 60FPS+ - Is it the same thing as FPS Boost for Xbox Series X/S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    60FPS+ - Is it the same thing as FPS Boost for Xbox Series X/S?: Hi, so I know what FPS Boost means for Xbox Series X/S already, but I notice on some games the cababilities say something called "60FPS+", is that the same thing or not? If it is the same thing...
  3. [Idea] Allowing FPS Boost to be enabled on games that are not natively supported.

in XboX Insiders
    [Idea] Allowing FPS Boost to be enabled on games that are not natively supported.: I would like to suggest an idea! So the Xbox Series X and Series S boasted having loads of power. This problem is not all the games are taking advantage of this. I would like to suggest! For xbox...
  4. Why did the fps boost program end?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did the fps boost program end?: Why did the fps boost program end? Sure not all games can be fps boosted but that doesn't mean flat out end it. There are games such as red dead redemption 1 and 2, AVP, batman, and more that...
  5. Incorrectly labeled FPS boost in the store

in XboX Insiders
    Incorrectly labeled FPS boost in the store: In the store, it says that Far Cry 3 Classic Edition has an fps boost compatibility option, and that the original Far Cry 3 does not. I have purchased the Classic Edition in the anthology bundle...
  6. Will we be seeing more titles getting FPS Boost & Auto HDR in 2023?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will we be seeing more titles getting FPS Boost & Auto HDR in 2023?: I finally got my hands on a Series X console and my favorite feature by far is the Auto HDR & FPS boost for games that have not received an official Series X upgrade. The sad thing though, is that...
  7. FPS BOOST! When are we going to get another patch for some more games? Tired of wanting to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FPS BOOST! When are we going to get another patch for some more games? Tired of wanting to...: Any news about when the next FPS boost update will happen? I know the programme has stopped but I'm really wanting to go back and play some of my favourite titles. E.G. The AC franchise start to...
  8. FPS Boost issues on Battlefield 1 only

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FPS Boost issues on Battlefield 1 only: Hi everyone, I keep having this flickering screen issue when trying to play Battlefield 1 at 120 fps. I am playing on Xbox series X and just got a Samsung S95b TV recently which can handle...
  9. How can I get fps boost to enable on my 4k tv.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I get fps boost to enable on my 4k tv.: Hello, I have been trying for hours to get fps boost to enable on my series x, I have 4k enabled and I have my ultra high speed cable but I can’t enable fps boost...
  10. Question: Fable 2 FPS Boost Patch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question: Fable 2 FPS Boost Patch?: Greetings I would like to know why did Fable 2 not get an FPS boost on Xbox Series X, but Fable Anniversary and Fable 3 did. Also is there any chance that Fable 2 would ever get the FPS Boost on...