Is there a way to download an XBOX game with a PC and then transfer to the console via USB

Discus and support Is there a way to download an XBOX game with a PC and then transfer to the console via USB in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; With the advent of gamepass / everything else being subscription/cloud based, it would be helpful to those of us in rural areas if we could take a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DaveEcklund, Sep 21, 2020.

1. DaveEcklund
    DaveEcklund Guest

Is there a way to download an XBOX game with a PC and then transfer to the console via USB

With the advent of gamepass / everything else being subscription/cloud based, it would be helpful to those of us in rural areas if we could take a computer to a fast connection to download (huge) XBOX titles to an external HD and then install them on the
    console. In my example, my connection tops out at 6mbit... it takes literal days to install AAA titles on the console this way.

But if I could take my laptop to work / a faster connection it would help immensely. Dragging the console around to do this is a sucky solution / doesn't really fly in an office setting.

Is there any way to do this / any way to suggest that it be implemented?

TIA

:)

DaveEcklund, Sep 21, 2020
  2. ZAPPxxBRANNIGAN Win User

With your employers permission bring your Xbox in. It will connect to most monitors or your can stream the screen to a TV.

When Xbox Live started our group bought another Xbox and set it up as a Return to Wolfenstein server on the company T1 after hours.
    I mean, I think it's cool that your employer doesn't freak out when they see a gaming console on their LAN... but that's already been answered in my original post..
  3. dempup Win User

Hi Dave Ecklund. I'm afraid that is not possible.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

With your employers permission bring your Xbox in. It will connect to most monitors or your can stream the screen to a TV.

When Xbox Live started our group bought another Xbox and set it up as a Return to Wolfenstein server on the company T1 after hours.
  5. rylands-82DA907D-102 Win User

Battlefield 3 update remote download

Hello, i dont think there is anyway to download and then transfer via pc,

However it will be possible to download the update from a friends console using your profile or hard drive and then transfering it via USB, as the update is a marketplace download.

(just note that if you use a external hard drive and download it onto this from a friends xbox obviously you wont need to transfer via usb)
  6. WPAK Win User

Download xbox profile from computer?

Hi there,

the Xbox Live account for in this case the Xbox 360 can only be downloaded from Xbox Live and transferred to a usb device via an actual Xbox 360 console, I'm afraid there are no other ways.
Thema:

1. Is there a way to download an XBOX game with a PC and then transfer to the console via USB - Similar Threads - download game transfer

2. How to transfer previously downloaded games to new device from Xbox app store, Computer-pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to transfer previously downloaded games to new device from Xbox app store, Computer-pc: if you get a new computer and have games on xbox app store on your old computer, such as MSFS, then can you redownload the old computers games from the xbox app store to your new computer? Like...
  3. Can I download games on hard drive, then transfer them to my xbox series x ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I download games on hard drive, then transfer them to my xbox series x ?: Hi There are a lot of games that i can't download on my xbox since they are too big, like starfield, flight simulator, or forza. I am travelling in a few days and i will have good wifi, but i...
  4. I downloaded a game on an Xbox One, then copied/transferred it to my Xbox XS, if i delete...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I downloaded a game on an Xbox One, then copied/transferred it to my Xbox XS, if i delete...: Sorry I am not familiar with Xbox or gaming, I just want to know if i delete this game from my Xbox XS, will it still be on my Xbox one? The game was originally bought on the Xbox one, i just...
  5. Game packs i have brought and download haven't transferred to my new xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game packs i have brought and download haven't transferred to my new xbox: Over a year ago i brought the sims 4 game packs titled Sims 4 vampires Sims 4 relam of magic Sims 4 strangervill And they downloaded to my xbox one but now over a year later after buying the...
  6. Download a Game pass game in an external HDD from different console and transfer to mine

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Download a Game pass game in an external HDD from different console and transfer to mine: Right now I don't count with unlimited home internet plan so I can't download heavy games in my console. I wonder if I can download the game in an external HDD from my friend's console and then...
  7. transfer digital download xbox 360 game to xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    transfer digital download xbox 360 game to xbox one?: I pretty much asked the question in the title. Can i transfer my digital downloaded perfect dark game off the xbox 360 harddrive to my xbox one harddrive and play it there?...
  8. Game download before xbox 360 transfer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game download before xbox 360 transfer: I have brought a xbox one s with horizon 3 download. can I download it to my console before I transfer all my profile and games from my xbox 360 or will that mean I have to start a new profile?...
  9. Download Full Halo 5 Game and Update On PC Then Transfer Those Installations To Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Download Full Halo 5 Game and Update On PC Then Transfer Those Installations To Xbox One: Hi, is there a way I can download the full Halo 5 Game + Updates on my PC then put those files on a hard drive I have laying around? I own the full game on disc but I don't have a console to...
  10. Download game to my Mac for transfer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download game to my Mac for transfer: Is it somehow possible to download a Windows game from their store (Forza 7) on my macbook and then transfer it to my Windows PC? I‘m here at university with the fastest internet connection and...