Is there a way to disconnect the Xbox side and the Windows side of my Microsoft account...

Discus and support Is there a way to disconnect the Xbox side and the Windows side of my Microsoft account... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; When our family first got an Xbox, it was shared between me and my younger brother, and created under my credentials. That was around 15 years ago.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Tevin O, Nov 18, 2022.

1. Tevin O
    Tevin O Guest

Is there a way to disconnect the Xbox side and the Windows side of my Microsoft account...

When our family first got an Xbox, it was shared between me and my younger brother, and created under my credentials. That was around 15 years ago. Since then, he has become to sole user of the Xbox and I only use PC. As you can imagine, over the years, we have both accumulated a lot on the account in each respect. Seeing as he has nothing to do with the PC aspect of the account and I have no attachment to the Xbox side of the account, is there a way for the respective parts of the account to be split into two accounts? One where I can sign in to my PC and Microsoft related stuff and he can sign in to his Xbox related stuff and each retain what is associated to it?

For the Xbox account: games, saves, licenses

For the PC: the Windows and M365 licenses, OneDrive

Assuming this is doable, I am aware I would lose licensing to any CrossPlay stuff and that is fine.

Thanks in advance!

:)

Tevin O, Nov 18, 2022
  2. KindGryphon Win User

Is there a way to disconnect the Xbox side and the Windows side of my Microsoft account into two separate accounts?

And it can be used on a new account?
    No. Deleted accounts cant ever be created again under the same email.
  3. Dérek Augusto Win User

Is there a way to disconnect the Xbox side and the Windows side of my Microsoft account into two separate accounts?

if you change the email of a profile, making the transfer, the old email is completely deleted
  4. Tevin O Win User

Heard. And the other question? Unrelated to the licenses: if I change the email on this account, can I reuse that email on a different account? In the end, this account would most likely not be mine any more.
  5. Tevin O Win User

Understood. After writing the post, I realized the main things I need will expire and I can create a new account and renew on there. A couple of other questions I have:

• Can my Microsoft windows license be attached to a different Microsoft account?
    • If I change the email associated to the old Microsoft account, can I reuse it on a new one?
  6. HomegrownSilky Win User

Once that email is deleted, all associated purchases and game progress would also be deleted.
Thema:

1. Is there a way to disconnect the Xbox side and the Windows side of my Microsoft account... - Similar Threads - disconnect side Windows

2. Series X disconnects from WiFi every 5-10 minutes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X disconnects from WiFi every 5-10 minutes: Hi I’m having a problem with my Xbox series x. Every 5-10 minutes my internet disconnects and then reconnects instantly but it’s just enough time for me to get kicked out of whatever online game...
  3. Xbox series X randomly disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X randomly disconnecting: My xbox series x keeps randomly disconnecting. Every 5-10 minutes, itll completely lose connection and sign me out, then reconnect 15 seconds later, long enough to kick me out of a game if im in...
  4. I keep getting disconnected

in XBoX on Consoles
    I keep getting disconnected: Whenever I play any game solo , online or offline , even if I am in an Xbox party chat with friends , after playing the game for about an hour I am disconnected from the Xbox network, this never...
  5. Elite controller disconnects then reconnects after plugging in charger

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller disconnects then reconnects after plugging in charger: My new series 2 elite controller came with a charger and when I'm playing I like to plug it in so I can charge my controller but it disconnects then reconnects for a second. I don't know if this...
  6. My xbox and only my xbox keeps disconnecting at the same time everynight.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox and only my xbox keeps disconnecting at the same time everynight.: Why does my xbox keep disconnecting from my internet for 2 minutes at 11:59 every single night? It’s only my xbox that disconnects. Ive played since 12am on my playstation before and it didnt...
  7. My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...: Xbox controller series s keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and it keeps happening over and over I thought it was my headset dongle so I moved it to the back to avoid any interference but still...
  8. Hard drive keeps disconnecting my controller

in XboX Insiders
    Hard drive keeps disconnecting my controller: For some reason I think my external hard drive keeps disconnecting my Xbox controller, whenever I try to resync my controller to the Xbox the Xbox won’t blink. Can anyone help? submitted by...
  9. My Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting: A couple months ago I bought a brand new controller with the official rechargeable battery pack. I have had issues with the controller disconnecting and losing power since day one. Today I decided...
  10. Why my Xbox series X keep disconnecting from my network?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my Xbox series X keep disconnecting from my network?: The issue began about a month and a half ago and has gotten consistently worse. I will be in the middle on a Overwatch 2 game and the latency will jump from 30 to the 1600s and then the console...