Is there a way I can get the number changed so I can reset my password?

Discus and support Is there a way I can get the number changed so I can reset my password? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; The password for my Microsoft account with Outlook needs to be reset, but when I get the option to send a code to a phone number, it's a phone number I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Ashton Brewer, Jan 10, 2024.

1. Is there a way I can get the number changed so I can reset my password?

The password for my Microsoft account with Outlook needs to be reset, but when I get the option to send a code to a phone number, it's a phone number I haven't used before. I tried to change it in Microsoft but because I need to reset my password, I can't sign in. I've tried to send multiple forms to reset my password, but they keep getting denied. Is there any other way I can get the number changed so I can reset my password?

:)

Ashton Brewer, Jan 10, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Ashton, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I truly am sorry to hear that.

Without access to your phone number, you will need to speak directly with a Microsoft Agent and try to recover your account.

I kindly ask you to speak with the Microsoft Staff.

Please enter this link:

https://support.microsoft.com/help/28808/microsoft-store-contact-support

They can check your information and verify it.
  3. ShaneHeinemann Win User

Last 2 months been trying to get help this is a last ditch effort

The only way it lets me reset my password is with a number that ends in 34 but nobody in my family has that number i used to be able to reset it by email but the hacker changed that
  4. Jake Caley Win User

Hello I have another account I need to get in too

Hello I have Ben trying to get into my account for about half of a year now my account was locked out but it isn’t anymore and I don’t know my password and I can reset it because it sends it to a random phone number or a phone number I don’t have anymore but on my Xbox I have the account I’m trying to get into but when I try to reset password it still sends it to a unknown phone number so I can get into the account but I can’t reset the password is there still anyway I can reset my password or am I just stuck with the unknown one I have now
    Also I am scared to guess my password to many times and lock my account out again
  5. TragicSkies Win User

I Can't Get My Password Reset.

You are un-able to have your password sent to another email that was previously set up as an alternative email address for security purposes. Although, if you have an Xbox you could view you account in the Account tab and be able to figure out the email
    that way. If you know the security information set up for the account you could possibly get into the account with this link :https://account.live.com/acsr For any future deals with your Account
    like this you would have to call Microsoft Support to get more information, the number is: (800) MICROSOFT (642-7676) and the hours are: Monday through Friday, 5:00 AM- 9:00 PM Pacific Time | Saturday and Sunday, 6:00 AM – 3:00 PM Pacific Time.

Hope this helps!
  6. PeteAshby Win User

xbox live account

Unfortunately, no. The password for the account is required to change the microsoft account email address. If you have tried all of the password reset options on account.live.com, and have come up empty, there still may be hope. With enough information to
    get through security with the support agents at xbox (1-800-4-MYXBOX), there is a way that they can help you with getting your password reset, so that you can access your account. I would give them a call!

Hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Is there a way I can get the number changed so I can reset my password? - Similar Threads - number changed reset

2. Change ph number

in XBoX on Windows
    Change ph number: Can't access profile need to change ph number b463f0cf-6aeb-4100-b665-1e990860a905
  3. I need to change the email and phone number connected to my xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to change the email and phone number connected to my xbox account: My best friend gave me his old xbox 1 way back in 2020, I just took over his old acount, he used that xbox from 2014-2018. I went on to spend the next 4 years now buying things and playing on this...
  4. Is there ANY WAY to change an email or phone number to your Microsoft account while being...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there ANY WAY to change an email or phone number to your Microsoft account while being...: During recovery each time it says it's because of the ISP? We no longer have the old email address. Sooo many attempts to recover with no luck. 41b495d9-f021-438f-9386-e77559b929f3
  5. Is there any way to login to my account without the form or changing my phone number to my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there any way to login to my account without the form or changing my phone number to my...: I have tried to login to my account but I only can do the password form, but I've submitted so much to it and made sure it matched the account info but it doesn't work. And I don't have the phone...
  6. What can I do if I changed my phone number before changing my phone number on the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What can I do if I changed my phone number before changing my phone number on the...: What can I do if I changed my phone number before changing my phone number on the Authenticator app and don’t have access to the old phone number? Someone please help me I don’t want to lose...
  7. I have an account with microsoft and outlook but i had my phone number changed and i cannot...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an account with microsoft and outlook but i had my phone number changed and i cannot...: I also have a gamepass account that im being charged for and cant get into and have never even used it. Please help I have been locked out of my account for probably a year or more now but I'm...
  8. Is there any way to change my phone number without waiting 30 days?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there any way to change my phone number without waiting 30 days?: Hi, I was trying to add an alternate email address, and it said I needed to verify through my phone number. Problem is, I changed my phone number months ago and now its disabled, so it won't be...
  9. How do I get my old account back if my phone number was changed because of my cell phone...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I get my old account back if my phone number was changed because of my cell phone...: I can’t get the confirmation code on my old phone because I don’t have it anymore and yahoo deleted my account link to it I had my account for over 30 years with over 200 games paid digitally I...
  10. Change email and phone number

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change email and phone number: Hello I just changed my email and removed my phone number from Microsoft account, but when I need to verify myself or log into the account I need to verify myself and there is only 2 options for...