Is there a way for me to keep my saves when clearing local saved games?

Discus and support Is there a way for me to keep my saves when clearing local saved games? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Alright, so just for some context, I play a lot of Minecraft, and I keep getting this notification that my data isn’t syncing with the cloud. I’ve had... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Ellis McMaster, Dec 20, 2023.

1. Is there a way for me to keep my saves when clearing local saved games?

Alright, so just for some context, I play a lot of Minecraft, and I keep getting this notification that my data isn’t syncing with the cloud. I’ve had this happen previously, and when I did what it said to do (cleared my local saved games), it wiped my Minecraft world data. Is there a way I can make space in the cloud without losing my data?

I’m kind of new to next gen consoles, so I have no idea why I can’t just save my data to the console itself instead of using the cloud (if there’s any way to only upload my data to my console or memory card, I’d love to know. I have no real desire for using the cloud).

Any help would be appreciated, it’s really bumming me out that I can’t enjoy my games because of this. Thanks.

:)

Ellis McMaster, Dec 20, 2023
  2. Vanessaez Win User

Hello Ellis M, my name is Vanessa, and I would be happy to help.

It's definitely frustrating that you've had this happen repeatedly, but don't worry, I have a solution for your problem. Or at least, this worked for me, and it helped me solve this inconvenience, since this happened to me.

Yes, there is a way to keep your saves when clearing local saved games.

On next-gen consoles, saved games are stored in the cloud by default. This is done so that you can access your saves from any device, even if you switch consoles.

However, if you don't want to use the cloud, you can disable this option. To do this, follow these steps:

1) Open the settings on your console.
    2) Select "Storage".
    3) Select "Saved games".
    4) In the "Cloud save" section, uncheck the box next to "Save game data to the cloud".
    Once you have disabled this option, your saves will be stored locally on the console. This means that you won't be able to access them from other devices, but they also won't be deleted if you clear the local saved games.

In the case of Minecraft, you can also copy your saves to a memory card. To do this, follow these steps:

1) Connect the memory card to your console.
    2) Open the file explorer.
    3) Select the memory card.
    4) Find the "Minecraft" folder. and Copy the "Saves" folder to the memory card.
    Once you have copied the saves to the memory card, you can clear the local saved games without losing your data.

As for your question about why you can't just save your data locally, the answer is that next-gen consoles are designed to work with the cloud. This allows players to access their saves from any device, even if they switch consoles.

If you don't want to use the cloud, you can disable this option, but you will lose the ability to access your saves from other devices.

I hope this works for you. Let me know how it goes, best of luck.

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help.

Best regards,
    Vanessa
  3. Galenrandir23 Win User

Hungry Shark World Achievements

I did check the site, and no one had any suggestions. Only one person said they cleared their local and cloud save and started a new game which got it to work. Problem is the game is a super grind and I've unlocked a ton of stuff which I don't want to do
    again.

I'm trying to see if there is a way to backup my save. clear the local and cloud save, get the achievement and then reload my save. I have 2 Xboxs, would it be possible to install the game on my second Xbox, clear the local and cloud save, get the achievement,
    clear local and cloud save again, then fire up my main Xbox with my game save on it?
  4. XBF Erick C Win User

Save

Hey there Walter,

Sorry to hear you are running into problems with the game saves on this game, If you have not already done this i would advise that you go ahead and Clear your Local Save Games. This will remove all locally saved game save data but will keep your Cloud
    saves.

You can follow steps on how to clear your local saved games by following the link below. Once you are on the page scroll all the way down and follow the steps on clearing local saved games.

Give this a try and let us know if it has helped.
  5. Christyna64 Win User

Clearing Local saves

If you interupt or a install freezes then the game will uninstall automatically to protect your OS from corruption.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Clearing Local saves

Hello Austyn,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue. This seems as an odd situation. Were the games installing by chance the ones that are gone? Also have you been able to install them again?

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Is there a way for me to keep my saves when clearing local saved games? - Similar Threads - keep saves clearing

2. When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...: Help? Trying to re- add my sons friend so he can play minecraft with him but we keep getting a message saying " we cant save your changes right now try again in a while " after we've approved it ?...
  3. How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes: It's been saying this for 2 hours first we were playing then he left my party all of a sudden. When I tried to add him it said sorry can't save changes. His username is potato lata...
  4. If I reset my console while keeping games and apps, will my save progress be deleted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I reset my console while keeping games and apps, will my save progress be deleted?: Hello, Recently I had error E106. Downloaded and tried the offline system update OSU1 but had no luck, instead error E102 came up. I haven't tried to reset the console yet because i'm worried...
  5. I keep getting we can't save more data for this game or app. What do I do

in XBoX on Consoles
    I keep getting we can't save more data for this game or app. What do I do: So I load up fall out 4 and this message come up. But I have more than enough storage and two storage drives. I tried taking out the storage drives but it still says it....
  6. Xbox one keeps saying can’t save anymore data for this game or app I

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one keeps saying can’t save anymore data for this game or app I: I’ve tried clearing cache and it keeps doing it 60fdc5a0-d069-4d5f-a5e3-6520e43d0320
  7. I have been trying to save emblems but I keep getting an error why can’t we save emblems...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have been trying to save emblems but I keep getting an error why can’t we save emblems...: Microsoft can you please let us create emblems again I have been trying to make new emblems and as even go far as competing and none of the emblems save. Everyone speculates it’s because of...
  8. My FM23 Xbox game keeps crashing upon saving, how to fix this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My FM23 Xbox game keeps crashing upon saving, how to fix this?: FM23 Xbox game save keeps being deleted due to being unable to save. There is plenty cloud space available (over half the allowed). Any solutions? 2ea149a4-b3fd-49b6-8dea-4e52e8f03d0e
  9. Wartales saves keep disappearing after Xbox App gets stuck on "syncing files"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wartales saves keep disappearing after Xbox App gets stuck on "syncing files": I have Wartales installed via the Xbox App for PC (w/ Game Pass subscription) and every couple of times when I launch the game, it gets stuck on "syncing files". I've left it there for an hour and...
  10. Will Reset and keep my games & apps clear my game save data?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Reset and keep my games & apps clear my game save data?: I could not get my Xbox One from 2013 to turn on, so I unplugged the power from the wall and the brick. It came up with a screen that said "Preparing Console", so after it hit 100% I turned it...