Is there a usb dongle for connecting Xbox series s to controller?

Discus and support Is there a usb dongle for connecting Xbox series s to controller? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Howdy! So here’s the deal, I have my tv mounted to my wall and recently mounted my Xbox behind the TV as well. Now my controller keeps disconnecting. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ewitkowski805, Feb 5, 2024.

1. Is there a usb dongle for connecting Xbox series s to controller?

Howdy! So here’s the deal, I have my tv mounted to my wall and recently mounted my Xbox behind the TV as well. Now my controller keeps disconnecting. I put my Xbox below the tv on the shelf as a test and it connects fine, so I’m thinking the electronics in the tv are causing interference.

Is there a usb adapter to connect the controller? If so, I’ll just put it on a usb cord extender and mount that above the tv.

:)

ewitkowski805, Feb 5, 2024
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Adapter Xbox 360 for PC and new controller.

Hi,

I’m Killing Skids

The Answer Is Yes as Long As it has Bluetooth or wireless connection
    Hi,

That's not quite right. Apologies for quoting you.

The Xbox 360 controller uses a proprietary wireless technology, it's not Bluetooth and the old adaptors won't work with a modern controller like the Xbox One or Series X|S controllers.

Unlike Xbox 360 wireless controllers, Xbox One and Series controllers can also be connected via USB cable. Old Xbox One controllers use Micro USB, Series Controllers are USB C.

To use an Xbox One/ Series controller via wireless on a PC and get basic functionality, all you need to do is connect the controller via Bluetooth. If your PC doesn't have Bluetooth then you'll need to buy a Bluetooth USB dongle, they're very cheap, less than $10. I'm from the UK and I connect my Series X controller to my PC via BT dongle I purchased from Amazon for about £5.

For extra wireless features you'll need the Xbox One Wireless Adaptor for Windows 10. Unfortunately, the official Microsoft branded adaptors are now quite rare.
  3. Just a Volunteer Win User

I have my tv mounted to my wall and recently mounted my Xbox behind the TV as well. Now my controller keeps disconnecting.
    You may have more of an issue with the console overheating due to a lack of ventilation.

Console placement requires plenty of space for air to circulate around the console.
  4. Skerza Win User

Xbox One controller random disconnect

Do you have the Dongle for the controller? Usually, they suggest getting the USB dongle( Xbox one direct) instead of the basic connect.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Adaptateur sans fil Xbox pour Windows 10

No, not necessarily. The Xbox One Wireless adapter has extra functionality, but for basic wireless use you can connect via Bluetooth. If your PC doesn't have Bluetooth a BT dongle can be purchased for less than $10/€7.

Note that the Xbox One controllers can also be connected via USB cable. The Xbox One uses a Micro USB cable, Series X controllers are USB C.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Hi,

You can use a standard Bluetooth adaptor. The Microsoft wireless adaptor for Xbox One/Series X|S controllers doesn't use Bluetooth.

If you want standard connectivity then you can use a BT USB dongle (or built in BT if your device has this). The Microsoft adaptor offers more features such as the use of more than one controller, and the usage of your controller's headphone socket while wireless.

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/connect-xbox-wireless-controller-to-pc
Thema:

1. Is there a usb dongle for connecting Xbox series s to controller? - Similar Threads - usb dongle connecting

2. Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?: Recently bought a Razer Blackshark v2 X usb mic for my Xbox. Didn’t realise it was usb until after I had bought it. I was wondering if there is any possibility at all that I can use it with my...
  3. Purchased a xbox core controller + usb C combo but never recieved confirmation email

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchased a xbox core controller + usb C combo but never recieved confirmation email: I purchased this controller here under guest using the same email as my account (didn't remember my account info at the time) but never received an email confirmation after purchase....
  4. Neither of my xbox one controller will connect to my PC (USB)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Neither of my xbox one controller will connect to my PC (USB): I have two controllers that won't connect to my pc. I've tried 4 different USB cords, I've updated my controllers and I've even tried using my USB-C adapter . Both will blink when plugged in and...
  5. My USB isn't reading so I can do and offline update the option just stays unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    My USB isn't reading so I can do and offline update the option just stays unavailable: Update error 0x00000201 can somebody help me can't do an update after resetting my game and I can't do an offline update I'm connected to the internet but it still just doesn't work...
  6. my wirless mouse wont coonect to my xbox series s with usb dongle. What do i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    my wirless mouse wont coonect to my xbox series s with usb dongle. What do i do?: my wirless mouse wont coonect to my xbox series s with usb dongle. What do i do? 76e8cdf4-62ad-445c-b601-011e8731c856
  7. USB device malfunctioning. Turning the controller on disconnects the dongle.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    USB device malfunctioning. Turning the controller on disconnects the dongle.: So, I have had some problems with my Cosmic Byte Ares Wireless Controller for a while now. It used to connect fine sometimes, and I thought it was a loose connection due to which it might not be...
  8. Microsoft Xbox One Wirelless Controller Broken Usb Dongle

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Xbox One Wirelless Controller Broken Usb Dongle: So i own a Microsoft Xbox One Wirelless Controller for windows that comes with a usb dongle. The usb dongle is broken and i cannot find a replacement. Can i connect the controller with a different...
  9. usb wireless dongle metal shield fell off!

in XBoX on Consoles
    usb wireless dongle metal shield fell off!: Help! I have a Microsoft wireless desktop 850 and the metal part of the usb dongle came off and got stuck in the USB port. I was able to get it out but how do I put it back on the dongle without...
  10. Cannot get Xbox wireless controller to pair using the USB dongle

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot get Xbox wireless controller to pair using the USB dongle: I recently replaced the mainboard on my controller due to stick drift. Now, I can't get the stupid thing to reconnect to my computer. The USB dongle's light is currently solid white (never mind,...