Is there a software solution that can verify if a disc works?

Discus and support Is there a software solution that can verify if a disc works? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I purchased a used Xbox game for the original Xbox off of eBay. The game arrived today but it looks like it popped off the spindle in the case and... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/bubblewrapking, Mar 22, 2024.

1. Is there a software solution that can verify if a disc works?

I purchased a used Xbox game for the original Xbox off of eBay. The game arrived today but it looks like it popped off the spindle in the case and scratched the read side. The scratches are not super bad so I don't think it would be an issue but the picture side of the disc has a couple minor scratches. I'm worried this is going to prevent the game from working. Unfortunately, I have a normal job that eats up a lot of time, and even if I did have time to play through the game I don't have the space or a TV I can hook up my old Xbox to verify the disc works. The guy I bought it from is being super cool, he's willing to refund the game if I want to send it back or give me the game for half off if I want to keep it. I want to keep it, it's just easier but I want to make sure it works. I'm curious if I can put the game in my PC and verify it works? I know I can't put the game in my PC and play the game, but is there anything that can scan the disc and check it for errors? I can upload a picture of the disc if it helps clear anything up. I appreciate any help I can get! BTW, game is Max Payne.

submitted by /u/bubblewrapking
    [link] [comments]

/u/bubblewrapking, Mar 22, 2024
  2. FoomBerry Win User

Unreadable disk.

3. LegendOfGta Win User

when I go to play gta5 it logs me out of xbox live ???????

Well, Darth, since we are dealing with computers (because that is what a console is: a very low-grade computer), we must assume that with all computers, when installing programs (yes, even games on a console) there will be a very small probability that the
    program will not install properly.

Why does this happen? There a number of reasons. The biggest cause is because technology is not perfect and neither is software; therefore, all software is prone to problems especially during the installation process/stage.

Because of this, our solutions to dealing with malfunctioning software is to uninstall the software and then reinstall it. Since software is not perfect and will have problems, we assume that there is a greater probability that the software wlll work better
    than last time if we uninstall/reinstall the software. Because of this, since consoles are similar, we arrive at the logical conclusion that if we have a game disc that is required to be installed to the HDD and it doesn't install properly, we must then uninstall
    the contents of the INSTALL disc and then proceed with a reinstall of the INSTALL disc.

By doing this, we assume we will have a greater probability of the software (i.e: the INSTALL disc) working properly or better than before if we undergo this solution to the problem. This is why "install then delete the installment, then re install the update"
    is considered a valid solution to most software install problems (including consoles).
  4. Knight 7 Win User

Skyrim Disc help

Have you tried installing the games to your HDD? If you can and It still freezes it may be a software error. Does the problem only persist with Skyrim? Have you tried other disc? For disc read errors try this:

support.xbox.com/.../disc-drive-solution
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe Disc Doesn't Load on Xbox Series X, registers as Bluray

Sometimes there are software revisions that aren’t added to the white list

Please clean the edges especially, Xbox discs read outside in

But you should try it on another, preferably 360 console to verify the disc is still good
  6. HassanB Win User

Won't play disks

Hello,

If you've already tried the solution steps noted in the Disc Drive solution guide
    here and none of your games are working, then unfortunately this means that your console has an issue with it's disc drive and it would need
    to be repaired.

There wouldn't be any other way to simply troubleshoot this with you further as it's a hardware issue not a software issue or a bug that can be fixed.

I understand that your console is out of warranty, but if you'd like to play on your console you'd need to get it repaired, this can be done by clicking this link
    here.
Thema:

Is there a software solution that can verify if a disc works?

1. Is there a software solution that can verify if a disc works? - Similar Threads - software solution verify

2. Xbox Software Crashing Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Software Crashing Issue: I'm having problems running the XBOX APP, the software logs in and browses normally but after a while it gets stuck, unresponsive and then flashes back. Tried a lot of things on the internet with...
  3. Terrible stick drift after software update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Terrible stick drift after software update: I just bought a Xbox Series X 3 days ago had no problems playing 10+ hours. After the controller update right analog stick started drifting upwards every minute or so without any input. How can i...
  4. Get To Know Our Team: Chad - Senior Software Engineer

in XboX Insiders
    Get To Know Our Team: Chad - Senior Software Engineer: [IMG] submitted by /u/wynnXIP [link] [comments]
  5. Can happen xbox one x to be able as series x? What demand be add software or hardware? Just...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can happen xbox one x to be able as series x? What demand be add software or hardware? Just...: Questions to xbox team and fans! My understanding I bought used xbox one x, I was thought if I found how to be overclock or other softwares xbox one x to be able near as series x? What demand be...
  6. I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly...

in XBoX on Windows
    I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly...: I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly installed on Xbox went fine then when restarted it came up with a screen to put letters in the app to connect...
  7. Accessory App change 1: Make triggers remappable by digitizing them vua software

in XboX Insiders
    Accessory App change 1: Make triggers remappable by digitizing them vua software: I understand the reason why your standard Xbox controller and the Xbox accessories app won't let you remap the triggers. Because certain games will be deemed either too easy or unwinnable if the...
  8. clipping software problem on fortnite

in XBoX on Consoles
    clipping software problem on fortnite: hi so i’ve been having this issue for a little while. everytime i press the record button to record a clip my controller disconnects for about 5-20 seconds. this controller is brand new and didn’t...
  9. Is spigot minecraft server software against the EULA?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is spigot minecraft server software against the EULA?: Is spigotMC even compliant with the EULA? I really need to know because I want to host a minecraft server (what else would I be using it for?) and I really cant find any clear information online....
  10. Elite series 2 software bug

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 software bug: Issue started this morning . Turned xbox on, loaded into a game and my controller was being really weird. Some buttons wouldn't work or be extremely delayed. So I go into the accessory app to test...