Is there a reason why Microsoft's chat pad audio input (mic) doesn't work with the 1st Gen...

Discus and support Is there a reason why Microsoft's chat pad audio input (mic) doesn't work with the 1st Gen... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm using the official Microsoft chat-pad (here) that also has a 3.5mm audio jack. I've done some testing with both XBOX One X and XBOX Series S with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KILLA KARIZMA, Aug 20, 2022.

1. Is there a reason why Microsoft's chat pad audio input (mic) doesn't work with the 1st Gen...

I'm using the official Microsoft chat-pad (here) that also has a 3.5mm audio jack. I've done some testing with both XBOX One X and XBOX Series S with both the regular controllers and the 1st Gen Elite Controller and below are my results. The only issue I'm having is I can't use my headset mic when I have the chat pad plugged in to my 1st Gen Elite Controller when playing on the XBOX Series S. It's always worked on the XBOX One X. I don't have a 2nd Gen Elite controller so I can't verify if this will work on the XBOX Series S console. I checked the XBOX accessories and it shows the chat pad is connected. I've done every update I could do, swapped to different variations of controllers, even bought 3 new Microsoft chat pads but still I still have the same mic issue.

XBOX One X :

Regular controller

• Texting/messaging works
    • Audio input (mic) works
    • Audio output (headset speakers) works
    1st Gen Elite Controller

• Audio input (mic) works
    XBOX Series S:

Regular controller

• Audio input (mic) does work
    1st Gen Elite Controller

• Audio input (mic) does not work

:)

KILLA KARIZMA, Aug 20, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Is there a reason why Microsoft's chat pad audio input (mic) doesn't work with the 1st Gen Elite Controller when using it on the XBOX Series S?

Hello KILLA KARIZMA,

We have noticed that you have not responded to our last message. We would like to know whether the issue you have raised with us is still ongoing. If yes, please let us know so that we can continue our conversation.

Regards,

3. Kathy A. Win User

Is there a reason why Microsoft's chat pad audio input (mic) doesn't work with the 1st Gen Elite Controller when using it on the XBOX Series S?

Hello KILLA KARIZMA,

We have not heard anything from you since our last reply. Please do not hesitate to create a new thread if you have new concerns. We hope that we have answered the issue you reported to us. We personally understand that finding time to work on this matter can be a little difficult to manage. Thus, we would like to let you know how much we appreciate your patience and most importantly the time you have dedicated to post here in Xbox Forums.

Regards,

4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello KILLA KARIZMA,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We understand that you are trying to connect Xbox One Chatpad on a Regular controller and 1st Gen Elite Controller for XBOX Series S. The issue persist despite performing troubleshooting steps recommended from this support article (Set up and troubleshoot the Xbox One Chatpad | Xbox Support), right? May we ask if you have submitted a feedback to Team Xbox about this?

We would highly recommend you to submit a feedback to Team Xbox and please attach a screenshot of the issue. To begin, you will need to install Report a Problem app from Microsoft Store and follow the guide here on how to submit a feedback: Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support

Please update us in here the title of your submitted feedback and submission date.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. The Viral Cyrix Win User

FANTASTIC DEAL TODAY ONLY!!!!!!

they come with a connect for your red whit audio leads if you use a component cable or plug directly in to the audio jack on your tv if you have one. As for chat there is a cable from your pad to the volume control box on the headset. Both game audio and
    chat audio have there own volume control there is also a mute control. I also use these for my ps3 as the Turtlebeach PBT I have has i mic input on top and the wire that normally plugs into pad plugs in there#
  6. ChiefJoboo Win User

Xbox One PDP Prismatic Afterglow USB controller has buzzing sound transmitting over mic

Update: I still have this problem and I think I narrowed the problem down to the dashboard's mic option called "Mic monitoring" (a feature that enables you to hear your own chat echoed in real time) that appears in the slide-in guide if you have a newer
    xbox one controller that has a 3.5mm hole in it or have (in my case) a gen 1 controller and the chat pad. The options appear on that microsoft gen 1 xbox one controller (with chat pad but not with the stereo headset adapter) but not on my Afterglow controller.

Consensus is that my controller is unable to be used at the moment because of the buzzing and that the fact that the "mic monitoring" feature is enabled by default at 50% and I can't view the option to lower it to 0%. It does, on a microsoft xbox one gen
    1 controller with the chat pad but not the stereo headset adapter.
Thema:

Is there a reason why Microsoft's chat pad audio input (mic) doesn't work with the 1st Gen...

1. Is there a reason why Microsoft's chat pad audio input (mic) doesn't work with the 1st Gen... - Similar Threads - reason why Microsoft's

2. Why does Microsoft ban people for the most dumbest reasons?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does Microsoft ban people for the most dumbest reasons?: I'm recently got a 2 day suspension ban on my account for posting on a LFG: " W 30 nuke cards 100c each, and OverDrive 70c each" with no appeal and customer support not being able to do anything...
  3. Is there a reason why my games wont boot up.

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a reason why my games wont boot up.: I have everything updated, i uninstalled everything and reinstalled it twice. I'm trying to play death loop o my pc. But all my games on the xbox app dont work. I have been at this for hours. Why...
  4. Banned for no reason. Why do other players fake report when they get wiped?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Banned for no reason. Why do other players fake report when they get wiped?: I am hearing a lot of this and I hear a lot of teams when they get wiped report them and we didn't even say or do anything bad. Says in order to ban I have to do something serious well I'd love to...
  5. Why was my account just hit with 5 strikes and given no reason I have literally done...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why was my account just hit with 5 strikes and given no reason I have literally done...: I keep getting banned for no reason at all and I need help figuring this out ***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Games and gaming / Other*** 5b6ca4f3-ad78-439e-a7c1-9838c7b868eb
  6. Why did i get banned for no reason

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did i get banned for no reason: My account has been banned for no reason at all and i know i have not done anything at all to get this permanent ban on my xbox also with all of this i have spent thousands of dollars on this xbox...
  7. Why was my account permanently suspended for no reason?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why was my account permanently suspended for no reason?: December 26th 2023 I got on my Xbox and it said that I was permanently suspended at 12:43 p.m. and I want someone to look into that because I got banned for no reason I was not on my Xbox at 12:00...
  8. Why have a been given to strikes on Xbox with no reason

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why have a been given to strikes on Xbox with no reason: Hi , does anyone know why this might be , I don’t play with anyone else or use a mic to talk in game chats , yet logged on Xbox and been hit with a 2 day ban with no reasoning just locked out of...
  9. Why am I suspended for no reason?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I suspended for no reason?: I have been trying to redeem points I have gotten through the xbox app, I have tried reaching to customer support multiple times with no response. I have not broken any rules and am temporarily...
  10. Why have I been locked out of my microsoft account for no reason!?!?!?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why have I been locked out of my microsoft account for no reason!?!?!?: I recently was locked out of my microsoft soft account for NO REASON last week and haven't been able to play Xbox SINCE. This is very convenient considering I just bought A YEAR SUBRSCRIPTION AND...