is there a download i can get to update my xbox360 so i can play original xbox discs

Discus and support is there a download i can get to update my xbox360 so i can play original xbox discs in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; is there a download i can get to update my xbox360 so i can play original xbox discs 3935de3d-ad34-4656-8972-52d3acd429ef Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Michael Herr, Oct 27, 2022.

1. Michael Herr
    Michael Herr Guest

is there a download i can get to update my xbox360 so i can play original xbox discs

:)

Michael Herr, Oct 27, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

If the console has been updated since 2009, then it already has the update needed to play backwards compatible games. You just also need to make sure the games you're trying to play are compatible and that you have an official Microsoft 360 hard drive.
  3. KindGryphon Win User

It must not be because it wont play the discs and I just bought more than a couple old games
    Its possible you dont have an official xbox 360 Hard drive as well. You must have an official one in order for the backwards compatibility to work on the 360. If its 3rd party then backwards compatibility wont work.
  4. Michael Herr Win User

It must not be because it wont play the discs and I just bought more than a couple old games
  5. Smwutches Win User

You can't tell by looking at them. If you bought the console brand new and the hard drive came with the console, then it's definitely a Microsoft hard drive. If you bought the hard drive used or from a third party, it could be a knock off. They look very convincing.

You can also view a list of compatible games at https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...tibility/play-original-xbox-games-on-xbox-360 to make sure what you're trying to play is compatible.
  6. KindGryphon Win User

You can't tell by looking at them. If you bought the console brand new and the hard drive came with the console, then it's definitely a Microsoft hard drive. If you bought the hard drive used or from a third party, it could be a knock off. They look very convincing.

You can also view a list of compatible games at https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...tibility/play-original-xbox-games-on-xbox-360 to make sure what you're trying to play is compatible.
    Exactly. Either its a really convincing knockoff or someone couldve even replaced the actual hard drive within the 360's HDD enclosure with another one. These days something like that isnt very difficult to accomplish. Both are equally possible.
Thema:

1. is there a download i can get to update my xbox360 so i can play original xbox discs - Similar Threads - download update xbox360

2. Xbox is connected to the internet (downloads/updates working, and "check network...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is connected to the internet (downloads/updates working, and "check network...: Updates are downloading, and the "check network connection" says all services are available and I am connected. However, the store won't load and multiplayer doesn't seem to work....
  3. The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then...

in XBoX on Windows
    The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then...: The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then restarts the update even though the internet is good. 803fc08c-7ca8-4441-8c0a-137814f5e893
  4. Question on pre-downloading updates Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Question on pre-downloading updates Xbox: Hey Is there a list of games that allow pre-download for updates or is it just sea of thieves at the moment? submitted by /u/08spurlingD [link] [comments]
  5. My series s won't download updates on my WiFi but will with my hotspot and neither reseting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series s won't download updates on my WiFi but will with my hotspot and neither reseting...: My series s won't work with my WiFi suddenly and even after reseting both while keeping games and not I am met with the same problem 727cbde5-cc60-4900-8435-ddb8c64acc0d
  6. When a game updates on my Xbox One it downloads at 10-20mbps. I have 300mbps internet and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When a game updates on my Xbox One it downloads at 10-20mbps. I have 300mbps internet and...: Why do my games download so slow? Other devices on my internet download at 200-300mbps * Moved from Community Center 606f93d9-f957-4abd-b363-5c7f393fde2a
  7. Xbox one stuck while downloading update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one stuck while downloading update: My Xbox one is stuck at 93% and won't budge for this recent Xbox update. I have tried unplugging it and can't get the download past 93% 8e7b9d90-c126-4b03-a295-e8efb9918aca
  8. I can not download anything not even a windows update!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can not download anything not even a windows update!?: See what's happening [img] 448a7bb3-707a-4045-b8c9-7a9908e50fd6
  9. Xbox update download stops at 3% then goes to update verification then shutdowns and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox update download stops at 3% then goes to update verification then shutdowns and...: My Xbox has a problem, when I try to update it it stops at downloading 3% then goes into verifying, when it completes verifying it shutdowns and doesn't restart back on....
  10. Games on my XboxOne do not download nor update and I get this explanation error code...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games on my XboxOne do not download nor update and I get this explanation error code...: After relocating from the UK to Singapore my Xbox does not want to upload games from my Library, I cannot update games and I cannot play online. When testing my internet on the Xbox is shows...