Is The Xbox App Bad?

Discus and support Is The Xbox App Bad? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; For PC the simple answer is yes & here's why. (from my own experience) (will include system specs as well at bottom) The PC Xbox App on Windows 10/11... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by -ENTHUSIAST-, May 11, 2024.

1. -ENTHUSIAST-
    -ENTHUSIAST- Guest

Is The Xbox App Bad?

For PC the simple answer is yes & here's why. (from my own experience)
    (will include system specs as well at bottom)

The PC Xbox App on Windows 10/11 is "slow". Yes this might sound quite broad, but it really is unoptimized and very clunky, examples of this are

1. long loading times often requiring app exit or force closing all related software like gaming services and game bar from Task Manager.

2. Things not working properly at times such as having to click something multiple times until it registers that I have clicked it, the chat and party windows often break or the text boxes within stop working, audio devices switching to default devices on system restart or audio devices are connected/disconnected.

3. Game downloading is very slow. Now in most cases this could be network related, but I'm not too sure about that in this case this is more of a software issue I believe. I get about 100MB/s download in Steam, it would take me around an hour to download and install a 60GB game, whereas on the Xbox app it takes nearly 3 hours to do the same with games that are not even half the size of that while getting a peak of 9MB/s and that's with disabling the limits in Delivery Optimization.

I'm only briefly giving examples of my issues.

With all this being said there are a lot of problems and I'm sure there are many others as well.

I by no means have a bad computer, which could give you a perspective of how bad the app really is. also on a clean install of windows 11 as of 2 months ago.

Ryzen 9 3900X 12 core 24 threads

Aorus B550M pro-p

Sabrent Rocket Gen4 NVME SSD 5000mb/s read/write (as boot drive)

32gb Corsair LPX 3200mhz Dual Channel

ASUS TUF RTX 4070 Ti Gaming OC

1000W PSU

I feel as though you are focusing too much on making the app look nice and thus sacrificing performance.

Take a page from Valves book and focus on performance before style and this app will do much better.

The old Xbox app ran better than this new one, it was simple and performant!

:)

-ENTHUSIAST-, May 11, 2024
  2. Tezzarrific Win User

Is The Xbox App Bad?

have a 5800X and 3080ti, the xbox app is actually running much better these days, still dont really use it much but runs smooth and loads fast, microsoft throttles downloads a little as they have bandwidth for all there services not just xbox etc, steam on the other hand has only one service, steam.
  3. mostafa mohamed3 Win User

I can't download any game in my Xbox app on pc

The error is solved by reinstalling windows but I have a very bad experience with Xbox app most of time the app enters infinite loop of loading when trying to open it, the app really is very bad and I can't take the benefits of my subscription.
  4. TemporalCrab955 Win User

Game Pass Ultimate Perks - "There aren't any Perks to show right now. Check back soon!"

Yeah when i said the xbox app, i was relating to the game pass app. My bad. But I just checked now and there still is no perk tab in the xbox game app.
  5. ChristopheDeppe Win User

New Xbox One TV Tools in the Works; DVR Control & OneGuide

Too bad my windows phone doesn't have an Xbox One app, just for the old Xbox 360.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Xbox Game app is really bad

The suspension length is up to the enforcement team. No one here can tell you why it was 30 hours instead of 24. Again, you were given the correct answer in your original post as everything related to enforcement goes through that site. And as stated in your other thread, your threads were being removed due to violating forum guidelines.
Thema:

Is The Xbox App Bad?

1. Is The Xbox App Bad? - Similar Threads - App Bad

2. Ultimate Word Games lagging badly when using the app but not on browser?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ultimate Word Games lagging badly when using the app but not on browser?: I've been playing Wordament for a few years now on Ultimate Word Games on PC and never once had an issue with it. However, the past week or so, it has been lagging to the point of being...
  3. Microsoft Apps behaving badly?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Apps behaving badly?: Microsoft Store - & what looks like alot more! (mods ignored, & illegal account access by anyone!) part.1 (store front installs [any app] & why nothing is being done to address users privacy)?...
  4. Bad download speeds on pc game pass have uninstalled xbox app and gaming services I have...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bad download speeds on pc game pass have uninstalled xbox app and gaming services I have...: Based on your question, “I have 1Gibt down and up wired connection some games download at 60 mbit but others like snowrunner download at like 2mbit and it seems to be most of them are that way a...
  5. Cannot sign in to xbox app -- Bad SSL?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot sign in to xbox app -- Bad SSL?: Hello, I can't sign into the xbox app -- I've traced the issue to a line in the log files: 2023-01-15T01:37:53Z E/XPAFTServer - GRPC: Handshake failed with fatal error SSL_ERROR_SSL:...
  6. why is the xbox app and microsoft store so bad

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is the xbox app and microsoft store so bad: I've been having this issue for so long now; I have lost track of time. I keep trying to install Forza Horizon 5 via the Xbox PC app and every time it gives me an error code showing I don't have...
  7. Bad IP-based geolocalization (only Xbox App)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bad IP-based geolocalization (only Xbox App): I'm trying to use XBox App's cloud gamming (Windows 11) but "Region not supported" appears all the time. I'm connecting from Spain which is a supported region. I check my connection and my IP...
  8. Bad graphic performance on Xbox game App

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bad graphic performance on Xbox game App: Hello, I am currently experiencing a very strange issue when playing Xbox games on my laptop. More in detail, when I play on the Xbox game App the graphic is awful, whilst everything's fine when...
  9. Wireless Display App Bad picture Quality

in XBoX on Windows
    Wireless Display App Bad picture Quality: I have downloaded the wireless display app on my Xbox One S and have connected it to my laptop which runs Windows 10 pro I have noticed that the video quality is very low compared to what it is...
  10. Win 11: Xbox app bad graphics experiance

in XboX Insiders
    Win 11: Xbox app bad graphics experiance: Hey all, So I am recently trying out Xbox cloud gaming and I am seeing bad graphics when using the Xbox app, for example Gears of War 5 is screen tearing with lots of screen redraw happening as...