Is the spatial audio for stereo speakers feature still in alpha?

Discus and support Is the spatial audio for stereo speakers feature still in alpha? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; submitted by /u/BringerOfRainX1 [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/BringerOfRainX1, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Is the spatial audio for stereo speakers feature still in alpha?

/u/BringerOfRainX1, Jun 20, 2019
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Can I use Stereo Mix if I have no speakers?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

No, you cannot use Stereo Mix if you have no speakers. Stereo Mix is a feature in Windows that allows you to record audio output from your computer. This means that you need to have speakers or some other audio output device connected to your computer in order to use Stereo Mix.
  3. ForsaknTemplar Win User

Xbox One Steaming with Gen 3 A50s

I have speaker audio as: HDMI audio - stereo uncompressed; Optical audio - Bitstream out; and Bitstream format - Dolby Digitial. My headset audio is: Headset format - stereo uncompressed.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

SOUND DISTORTION WHEN PLAYING GAMES.

Are you using the onboard speakers or something else? Do you have anything like Dolby Atmos or DTS installed? Do you have windows spatial, audio enabled?
  5. willibpimpin710 Win User

No Dolby Atmos sound in games

Yeah, I tried all of that, nothing works. Switching between audio formats makes it glitch and waiting a second resets it but it still only works on stereo and 5.1 but the Atmos works FINE on movies, Dolby App etc. Atmos works, just not in games. Its clearly
    an Xbox issue.

Troubleshoot settings

In-game audio issues when using Dolby Atmos:

If you experience audio problems when you’re using Dolby Atmos, try turning it off:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide and select System >
      Settings.
    2. Select Display & sound, then from the headset audio options, select
      Stereo Uncompressed.
    Frozen speaker settings after you disconnect a Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos headset:

In most cases, disconnecting or turning off a headset/device configured for spatial audio (Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos) will return the speakers to their previous audio settings. However, certain hardware—such as wireless headsets using an intelligent transceiver
    plugged into USB—might still show the headset is connected even after it’s disconnected or turned off.

Unplug the headset or the headset component attached to the Xbox. This should immediately return the speakers to their previous configuration without changing the headset or speaker audio settings. Plugging the headset or the headset component back in should
    restore the headset format you’ve chosen.

If you’re still having problems switching between speakers and headset on Xbox One, check the headset/speakers manufacturer’s website for more info.

Let us know with a reply how it goes!
  6. XBF George L Win User

No Dolby Atmos sound in games

Troubleshoot settings

In-game audio issues when using Dolby Atmos:

If you experience audio problems when you’re using Dolby Atmos, try turning it off:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide and select System >
      Settings.
    2. Select Display & sound, then from the headset audio options, select
      Stereo Uncompressed.
    Frozen speaker settings after you disconnect a Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos headset:

In most cases, disconnecting or turning off a headset/device configured for spatial audio (Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos) will return the speakers to their previous audio settings. However, certain hardware—such as wireless headsets using an intelligent transceiver
    plugged into USB—might still show the headset is connected even after it’s disconnected or turned off.

Unplug the headset or the headset component attached to the Xbox. This should immediately return the speakers to their previous configuration without changing the headset or speaker audio settings. Plugging the headset or the headset component back in should
    restore the headset format you’ve chosen.

If you’re still having problems switching between speakers and headset on Xbox One, check the headset/speakers manufacturer’s website for more info.

Let us know with a reply how it goes!
Thema:

Is the spatial audio for stereo speakers feature still in alpha?

1. Is the spatial audio for stereo speakers feature still in alpha? - Similar Threads - spatial audio stereo

2. No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call

in XBoX on Consoles
    No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call: Ive just bought an Xbox wireless headset. Ive connected it to my Windows 10 PC via bluetooth. Game audio was fine and I was impressed with them. However, I tried to play a multiplayer game and...
  3. Audio stutter when streaming

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Audio stutter when streaming: Hi, I play on the Xbox series s and stream directly to twitch from console and there's always been audio stutter. It's intermittent throughout the stream. My internet connection and speed is...
  4. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows issues with DTS/Atmos/Sonic spatial audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows issues with DTS/Atmos/Sonic spatial audio: Hey I'm syncing my Razer Kaira Pro to the Xbox Adapter but when I enable spatial sound like DTS/Atmos/Sonic it stutters when I'm playing video games? I've tried my old Turtlebeach Stealth 600 Gen...
  5. Dolby Spatial Audio stuttering and cutting out while using a headset connected to the Elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Spatial Audio stuttering and cutting out while using a headset connected to the Elite...: Dolby Spatial Audio stuttering and cutting out while using a headset connected to the Elite Series 2 controller, and using the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows. The audio is fine if i hardwire...
  6. Xbox Wireless Hedset spatial audio broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Hedset spatial audio broken: Hello, I don't know why but both Dolby Access and DTS Sound unbound give me choppy, intermittent sound in my Xbox Wireless headset with wireless connection (check out attached sound sample...
  7. Native Spatial Sound vs. Upmixer - Your Experience?

in XboX Insiders
    Native Spatial Sound vs. Upmixer - Your Experience?: Controversial topic here... I have been on the Spatial (Atmos/DTS:X) Gaming bandwagon since the first Preview enabled it many years ago. Sadly, apart from a few Games, this never really took off,...
  8. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows issues with Atmos/Sonic spatial audio

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows issues with Atmos/Sonic spatial audio: Hi there, I've recently bought an Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 so I can use my Xbox One controllers on my PC. One of the reasons I got it, so I can plug the jack of my headset into the...
  9. PSA: Select “Spacious” in the DTS Sound Unbound app for a larger spatial sound stage.

in XboX Insiders
    PSA: Select “Spacious” in the DTS Sound Unbound app for a larger spatial sound stage.: Despite what the app tells you it doesn’t automatically select DTS in your sound settings so you need to manually select it in your Xbox audio settings. After you’ve done that and selected...
  10. Spatial Sound for headphones not working, both Sonic and Atmos

in XBoX on Consoles
    Spatial Sound for headphones not working, both Sonic and Atmos: I have tried both Windows Sonic and Dolby Atmos through two different sets of ordinary stereo headphones plugged into the controller and am not getting any spatial sound though either sound...