Is the red light on the Xbox one power block a problem??

Discus and support Is the red light on the Xbox one power block a problem?? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox one power block has a red light when it’s off. Is that an issue?? Everything works normal when it’s on, but that red light reminds me of the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by J Phinisee, Aug 3, 2023.

1. J Phinisee
    J Phinisee Guest

My Xbox one power block has a red light when it’s off. Is that an issue?? Everything works normal when it’s on, but that red light reminds me of the red ring of death from the 360, and it only comes on after the Xbox powers down completely. Some insight would be greatly appreciated

:)

J Phinisee, Aug 3, 2023
  2. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

Hi , my name is Fernando. I'm a gamer like you who loves to help other gamers with their Xbox questions. I can help with most questions. However, I do not have access to your account details to provide billing information/account inquiries. Thank you for reaching out to the Microsoft Community.

The most common cause for a red light on the power supply is overheating. This problem is usually resolved by letting the power supply cool down. Turn off the Xbox console. Unplug the power supply from the wall outlet and disconnect the power supply cable from the console.

Hope I helped, see you soon!
  3. Jetprop Win User

My xbox comes on but the power light is flashing red

Hi xTheOdyssey.

Please clarify: is it the power block who has a red light, or the console itself that has the red light? If the console has the red lights, how many red lights are there?

Thanks!
  4. Mudkipcult Win User

E-80 error after new 2013 update.

Please note that it's not the "One red light on the bottom right" problem, the green light in the MIDDLE of the power button is red, and that black screen is displayed every time I turn on the Xbox, which makes it unplayable.
  5. KILLERHEDAKE Win User

Yellow lights of death?

It will be green when the console is powered. Yellow is standby. Red is fault. Yellow with console powered usually will have the console display red error lights. Green is good to have, but still can have red error lights displayed if there is such an error.
    Now red, red usually means a short or electrical problem like over or under voltage. Red on an Xbox whether the ring of light or psu is bad news.
  6. ChiefJoboo Win User

HELLO my xbox 360 to a problem of red light remains lit in fixed. Help

Thema:

1. Is the red light on the Xbox one power block a problem?? - Similar Threads - red light power

2. 360 red. LIGHT. ON POWER BUTTON SO GOT USED 360 & can't connect to live,&6

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 red. LIGHT. ON POWER BUTTON SO GOT USED 360 & can't connect to live,&6: 360 can't connect live I called. Xb. & My Internet provider ATT. NO HELP. ROUTER CANT CONNECT TO XBOX I TRIED WIRELESS SAME MESSAGE. XBOX TEST FAILURE. WHEN I TEST IT SAYS CONNECTED. THEN. IT...
  3. Xbox Power Brick Has A Red Light Only When The Xbox Is Off, How To Fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Power Brick Has A Red Light Only When The Xbox Is Off, How To Fix?: My Xbox power brick has a bright red light whenever the Xbox one is turned off, but when I turn it on it has a weak green light, it hasn’t affected me in any way but I want to make sure...
  4. Solid red light on brand new power brick

in XBoX on Consoles
    Solid red light on brand new power brick: I Just bought a new power brick for my Xbox one, because my other one was fried out from a storm and lighting I know a red light means over heated but this is brand new never been used. How do I...
  5. What to do when xbox 360 power brick light turns red?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What to do when xbox 360 power brick light turns red?: What to do when xbox 360 power brick light turns red? 0d7ed1e9-81b8-4306-8974-60a8793eaeb5
  6. Please help, My power brick light for my XBOX 1 is red.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help, My power brick light for my XBOX 1 is red.: Whenever I press the power on button, It flashes for 0.7 seconds, Then turns dark again. And my power supply brick has a red light. 0933a0ab-98fb-4d08-a06b-e37d55b230c8
  7. How to fix red light on power brick

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix red light on power brick: How to fix red light on power brick ebd13b4d-f6f8-42b0-a0a7-df212ea12f89
  8. xbox 360 console power supply light is red and other console power supply is orange

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 console power supply light is red and other console power supply is orange: I have 2 xbox360 consoles one is the regular black square box console and my other one is the Call of Duty edition. I just bought a power supply for both the consoles from amazon because mine had...
  9. XBox 360 S Red Solid Light on Power Button

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360 S Red Solid Light on Power Button: Hi. Our XBox 360 S does not turn on. Instead of the green solid light after pushing the power button, the green light turns to a solid red light. As it does not turn on apparently, no...
  10. xbox360 console power button will always goes to single red light in middle.

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox360 console power button will always goes to single red light in middle.: I have tried to start up my xbox360. It started up a few times and I had to update my software. When I try to start it now it usually (9 times out of 10) will only show a green light in the center...