Is the Game Bar ever going to be fixed?

Discus and support Is the Game Bar ever going to be fixed? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Ever since the last month, I'm having a lot of issues with the Game Bar, since it does not capture my microphone unless the Game Bar is on screen. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Matkiller999, Jan 3, 2024.

1. Matkiller999
    Matkiller999 Guest

Ever since the last month, I'm having a lot of issues with the Game Bar, since it does not capture my microphone unless the Game Bar is on screen. I have to repair and reset it everytime for it to work properly. Not only that, but when the game bar ends up working, if one of my friends join my party, not only do I not see the notification, but it sometimes lags my pc down to potato levels of performance (my pc is very performant and I have had it for only a year), sometimes even crashing my pc as a whole. It just freezes everything, including my games and apps, my mouse doesn't move anymore, etc. I have to restart my pc for it to work again. One of my friends has the same issue as me for just about the same amount of time. Also, it does happen quite often that the Game Bar just crashes out of nowhere, making me leave the party I'm in, and if I try to turn the Game Bar back on, it starts to lag my pc again. Please, Xbox, fix this since I can barely play and talk with my friends on console anymore. I end up switching to Discord and other communication apps that are not the Game Bar because it simply doesn't work anymore.

:)

Matkiller999, Jan 3, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Matkiller999, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, follow these steps to uninstall the XBOX App from your PC:

Please, follow these steps to uninstall the XBOX App from your PC:

1) Click Start, type Powershell and run as administrator.

2) Copy the commands below and paste them (individually) on the Powershell window.

Get-AppxPackage *Xbox* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage

Then, restart your computer, then install the XBOX app, and try again.

Let me know if it works!
  3. goofy. Win User

I CANT RECORD!!!!!! (again😭)

that worked thank you! but i do have another question about game bar, when ever i go in and out of full screen the recording stops, do you know how to fix that.
  4. Virnios Win User

Xbox Game bar (PC) push to talk not working in background

It's astonishing how this hasn't been fixed ever since the game bar came out. Please Microsoft, do something. It's infuriating to stop playing the game and open game bar just to tell my friends important information of location of enemy, or such.

Even then, it crashes pretty frequently when I have to open game bar to talk to friends.
  5. Brad Hiatt Win User

Xbox Game Bar social tab (friends list) not working

Xbox Game Bar has unfortunately been an afterthought for years. I still have issues with it not showing the correct status (the game I'm playing), I don't think they will ever actually fix that.
  6. Scubear-AC459ED8-3F7 Win User

Is 100k award ever going to be fixed?

Yes! It was my mistake. I have already earned the 100k reward since last we communicated. Thanks for your response!
Thema:

1. Is the Game Bar ever going to be fixed? - Similar Threads - Game Bar ever

2. Recording in game voice using game bar

in XboX Insiders
    Recording in game voice using game bar: Is it possible to make game bar only record my voice input when using in game voice chat, rather than recording all input ? submitted by /u/s3cy7 [link] [comments]
  3. Windows Game Bar Clip Quality worsened

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Game Bar Clip Quality worsened: Hi all, I enjoy gaming in my spare time and saving funny moments I have with mates using the game bar's shortcut to save the last 30 seconds. I've been doing it for years and usually compile a...
  4. Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice: I have an issue with my XBOX GAME BAR. When i record videos, my audio or (depends on the setting on xbox's own audio section) my friends' audio does not record. When I say "Game" it does not...
  5. Xbox game bar party widget issue

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game bar party widget issue: When I am using Xbox game bar, the party widget often breaks and I can't hear anybody and they can't hear me. This always happens if I get kicked from a party but can also happen at other times...
  6. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  7. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  8. Xbox Game Bar issue while connected in party

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Bar issue while connected in party: Over the last week or so i’ve noticed my game bar having issues while i’m in party chat. I’ll be able to hear my friends and talk no problem, then suddenly all sound from the party is gone, can’t...
  9. XBOX game bar record issues, how to fix windows + alt + r not working at times

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX game bar record issues, how to fix windows + alt + r not working at times: Lately my xbox game bar screen record hasnt been working good. I usually do window + alt + r to record the last minutes of game clips but lately it hasnt been doing it as consistently. The most i...
  10. Looking For Group on Xbox Game Bar doesn't detect that I am playing Minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Looking For Group on Xbox Game Bar doesn't detect that I am playing Minecraft: I used to have no problems with the looking for group widget in the Xbox game bar. Now, every time I play Minecraft (Windows Version) it fails to detect that I am playing it. Every time I go to...