Is spigot minecraft server software against the EULA?

Discus and support Is spigot minecraft server software against the EULA? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Is spigotMC even compliant with the EULA? I really need to know because I want to host a minecraft server (what else would I be using it for?) and I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by T-Yopo, Jan 16, 2024.

1. T-Yopo
    T-Yopo Guest

Is spigotMC even compliant with the EULA? I really need to know because I want to host a minecraft server (what else would I be using it for?) and I really cant find any clear information online. I would hate to do anything against the eula but there are also some cool plugins out there and I want to know if it is legal or not...

:)

T-Yopo, Jan 16, 2024
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi T-Yopo. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Server software such as Spigot, Bukkit and Forge are fully compliant with Minecraft's EULA.

For future reference, questions about specific games are best addressed by the game developer/publisher. For 3rd party software, you should contact the software creator.

If you have questions regarding Spigot, visit their forums: https://www.spigotmc.org/forums/spigot-help.40/

If you need help with Minecraft, visit Minecraft Support: https://help.minecraft.net/hc/

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. Randver Win User

Xbox One Game sharing

@Satsumo

EA only has one EULA to cover there digital games so you're correct if you ask the question the obvious answer is "no". Which leads me to believe its a loophole. They aren't going to tell me I can violate the EULA.

I believe you said somewhere you are a software developer so I'm sure your familiar with non-gaming software EULA's that are very specific about "machine" activations per licenses. I would assume that for MS to cover themselves they would have required EA
    and every other dev/pub to have a specific EULA for the Xbox if this feature is intended. Simply add the line that you are allowed two activations per license as many non-gaming EULA's do so there is no confusion to what's allowed.
  4. Michael W.1 Win User

Is there a way to use PayPal for Minecraft Java edition realms?

in the past paypal was possible, but since microsoft took over, it´s not anymore.

So we switched to the anyway better and much cheaper solution. Third party hosting. Now we can use spigot or mods server.
  5. Randver Win User

Xbox One's online DRM "could have been fine", says Xbox co-creator

@IceStorm

It's not a moot point. The EULA for every publisher doesn't specify if it's for a disc or digital just the software. The EULA says the software is licensed. Add that EULA to a disc and welcome to my "what if" world.

As I have said from the beginning and your admitting at least in part...the reason my scenario hasn't taken place yet is for fear of the backlash. You're not telling me my "what if' scenario can't happen and why it can't you just dismiss it.

The fact that PC games and other PC software uses that model it's very unwise for us to dismiss it as something that can't happen to console games in the near future.
  6. The Silver Trainmast Win User

Is modding Java Edition Minecraft from the Microsoft Store against the ToS?

After I posted this question, I just recently found a clause in the Minecraft EULA for Java Edition from Mojang's website which reads as quoted:

"If you've bought the Game, you may play around with it and modify it by adding modifications, tools, or plugins, which we will refer to collectively as "Mods." By "Mods," we mean something original that you or someone else created that doesn't contain a substantial part of our copyrightable code or content. When you combine your Mod with the Minecraft software, we will call that combination a "Modded Version" of the Game. We have the final say on what constitutes a Mod and what doesn't. You may not distribute any Modded Versions of our Game or software, and we'd appreciate it if you didn't use Mods for griefing. Basically, Mods are okay to distribute; hacked versions or Modded Versions of the Game client or server software are not okay to distribute."

If I understand correctly... This EULA which is by extension also Microsoft's as them being the parent company. Grants permission to JAVA Edition users the ability to add Third-party Mods to the game within reason as long as this "Modded Version" is not distributed. And as long as the Mods are not breaking any legal boundaries. No matter what store it was bought from whether that be the Microsoft store, the Mojang Website, or any other Official platform. And unless Gamepass has other rules for JAVA Edition this EULA would also include that copy as well.

If I could get a supported confirmation or negation on this my question will be answered
Thema:

1. Is spigot minecraft server software against the EULA? - Similar Threads - spigot minecraft server

2. My keyboard doesn't work on minecraft bedrock on windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    My keyboard doesn't work on minecraft bedrock on windows 10: It doesn't search on xbox and search bar either 385e9ce1-294e-4976-bfe9-6256c1cc3c49
  3. Is there a reason for me not to be able to join an unfeatured server in Minecraft bedrock...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a reason for me not to be able to join an unfeatured server in Minecraft bedrock...: I do not know why but i have watch videos and videos and they are just not helping its not letting me join an un featured server. Is this a missing feature in the new update or a bug? Ps I'm on...
  4. My Minecraft world got deleted and what to do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Minecraft world got deleted and what to do?: My ps4 Minecraft world got deleted but a corrupted file. I don’t know how to get it back. Please help 9f78e459-f1b1-4974-a401-af34fbe80df2
  5. Minecraft item cape code redeemed on Microsoft and accepted but isn't appearing on my account

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft item cape code redeemed on Microsoft and accepted but isn't appearing on my account: As the questions states, I got a code on Twitch for a Minecraft Cape and I redeemed it on the Microsoft website. I still have the order history that says it is confirmed, but I never got the cape....
  6. Why cant I join my friend on minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant I join my friend on minecraft: My friends and I, have been recently trying to joing eachother on minecraft but have been having immense trouble. Whenever we try to join our friends world, it says its downloading whichever add...
  7. How to enable cross play on minecraft with Ps4 and Xbox One

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to enable cross play on minecraft with Ps4 and Xbox One: cannot get my friend who plays on a Ps4 to play she is using a microsoft account so it should work i have a Xbox One S and all the settings are set to allow from communation snd everything cross...
  8. My friend can’t join my world on Nintendo switch Minecraft?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friend can’t join my world on Nintendo switch Minecraft?: We both have Nintendo switch online subs, and also Microsoft accounts. But for some reason it won’t connect. We’ve tried restarting both switches, changed internets, tried hotspots, unfriending...
  9. error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc

in XBoX on Windows
    error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc: hello. I'm having trouble installing the Minecraft Windows/Bedrock version in pc from microsoft store . When I install it, the error code 0x80070005 always appears. Is there a way to get rid of...
  10. MS Spigot - NIshaaircon

in XBoX on Consoles
    MS Spigot - NIshaaircon: Our product is designed to provide excellent cooling and energy efficiency for your home or office. Featuring advanced technology and high-quality components, it includes an MS spigot for easy...