Is remote play possible on Mac?

Discus and support Is remote play possible on Mac? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I just wanted to do remote play on my Mac since the TV was being used by other people, and I didn't have access to my phone so it was the only thing I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Eymen Yaka, Jan 23, 2024.

1. Eymen Yaka
    Eymen Yaka Guest

I just wanted to do remote play on my Mac since the TV was being used by other people, and I didn't have access to my phone so it was the only thing I had, but I couldn't find any way to remote play on this device, is it even possible? Or if it isn't will Xbox ever implement remote play on MacOS?

:)

Eymen Yaka, Jan 23, 2024
  2. stuthemonkey Win User

Remote play on Mac

Since the remote play is truely a feature of Windows 10 playing on a mac without Windows 10 will not work.

I can confirm however that running a windows 10 parallels VM will in fact let you play and stream the xbox from my macbook pro.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Can someone just tell me hoe to connect my Xbox One wireless to my damn mac?

Wireless how? Video?

The Xbox app and remote play are not available on Mac

If you're running Windows, Mac is not often not compatible with remote play, xbox games, and other things that require DRM and other security, as emulation often causes issues with the secure connection.

You need to contact your emulation provider about addressing these issues, as Microsoft cannot support their software.
  4. Hey Its Puby Win User

Will remote play ever be possible?

As of right now nothing is confirmed. The next generation race has finally started so I'm sure Microsoft has a lot of things up their sleeve for the coming years.
  5. PalmettoBling Win User

Minecraft PS4 Connection

Do you have two factor authentication on your Microsoft Account? It's possible that it's prompting for authorization to allow that connection and why it's "stuck" on that connection.

I'm also not familiar with how Remote Play works, so it's possible it's not allowing a 'pop-up' or authorization prompt when playing. Similar to Remote Desktop on Windows where it will not allow for elevated privileges prompt to display when connected remotely.
    Do you have the option to try and make the connection on a Playstation directly?
  6. SureEdwin9Tjean Win User

Is Xbox Remote play possible without an ISP?

Thanks. Any idea why it's not possible or if it might be possible in the future?
Thema:

1. Is remote play possible on Mac? - Similar Threads - remote play possible

2. Black screen Remote play PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Black screen Remote play PC: When I remote play off my desktop and laptop it gives me an black screen but there's video but there's audio. I played on my phone it works, I've tried on my laptop and desktop and they both give...
  3. Remote play problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote play problem: I tried to remote play my xbox series x on win 11 PC and its keep saying Check your network connection We found your console but can't connect. Try from a different Wi-Fi or cellular network...
  4. Black screen with remote play, issue seems to be with resolution

in XboX Insiders
    Black screen with remote play, issue seems to be with resolution: Hi all I have an Xbox series X with a high end 4k TV. When I try and remote play from my Rog ally then I get sound but a black screen If I go I to Xbox settings and change the resolution from 4k...
  5. Black screen with remote play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black screen with remote play: Hi all I have an Xbox series X and a high end TV. In TV settings on the Xbox the resolution is set to 4k uhd but when this set to 4k I am unable to use remote play from my Rog ally,all I get is a...
  6. Xbox remote play

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox remote play: How do I connect remote play Xbox & find the Code after setting up the console 934014ae-5b83-4479-ab80-f8a4646c4dae
  7. Remote play not working but cloud gaming does on "slow internet"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote play not working but cloud gaming does on "slow internet": My issue is that cloud gaming works but remote play doesn't on a slow internet connection. As I see it seems that cloud gaming is better optimized than remote play. I have a surface pro 9 and it...
  8. xbox remote play not working over mobile network.

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox remote play not working over mobile network.: I have a samsung 23 ultra on att network. when I try to remote play on my console though the x box app over my 5 g mobile network I get an error message. I can connect to any wifi and have no...
  9. On the Xbox Series X, is it possible to play EA games remotely?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On the Xbox Series X, is it possible to play EA games remotely?: On the Xbox Series X, is it possible to play EA games remotely? c498ce13-e75a-4a5c-891c-2e27b273fc66
  10. Is remote play between PC and Laptop possible?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is remote play between PC and Laptop possible?: Is it possible to remote play a game from Gamepass from my gaming pc in my house to my work laptop in my house? I want to fish on Call of the Wild The Angler while I am working and not DL the game...