Is possible to make a child account independent by removing the parent account or adding a...

Discus and support Is possible to make a child account independent by removing the parent account or adding a... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So my father is a control freak and controls my sister and I's accounts. Some reason he doesn't like my sister so he has been fiddling with all her... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Logan Keller, Jun 20, 2023.

1. Logan Keller
    Logan Keller Guest

Is possible to make a child account independent by removing the parent account or adding a...

So my father is a control freak and controls my sister and I's accounts. Some reason he doesn't like my sister so he has been fiddling with all her accounts. and I want to try and help her by making her Microsoft account its own independent one, while also helping myself with my old account that still has my own games on it.

So I was wondering is it possible to make a child account independent even when it has a parent account controlling it, and not just wait until it's 21. By removing the parent account completely or possibly add a second parent account that could be connected to the account so if it gets fiddled around like the console having a age restriction on games can be lifted(hint, hint, that's what his messing with)

I know that she could make a new account but she has games on the xbox that she bought and has Xbox live on it so she wants to play what she has on it, and her way of fixing something is complaining about it and not do anything. I feel bad for her though and want to help her out in some capacity and go above and beyond, if yins can help me that's great.

:)

Logan Keller, Jun 20, 2023
  2. Jonny306 Win User

Is possible to make a child account independent by removing the parent account or adding a new one

Hello Logan

My name is Jonny and I will be assisting you today!

First, thank you so much for contacting us regarding your inquiry/ concern.

Sorry, but your father will always have control due to you and your sister being children.

Xbox support cannot bypass or overrule the parental settings or rules he has set for your accounts.

I do apologize.
  3. AJxbox Win User

Won't let me add my son to my account

be sure to check who the parent is of the other child account. because if the parent accnt is not yours you first need to remove that child account from the parent accnt by signing in with the parent account and going into the family settings and removing
    him. once removed he should be able to be added to your family. or try using the child accnts parent credentials to add to the family pack.
  4. ooxFLATLINExoo Win User

Not able to join any club or create one

It is possible that your account might be under a Parent Account before and was removed. The system will still detect that the account is a Child account even though the Parent account has been removed.
  5. Salmoro Win User

Changing to parent account

First please make sure that your account is not added as Child into a Family Group.

Sign into your account
    here
    , if you find an Organizer account there., that is the parent account and you will have to access to it, to remove yourself from the family group so your account can become adult account and restrictions will be removed.

If you are not added into a Family Yet, you 'll have to do that by going with the second option I mentioned. You can use any second account you have as Parent (Organizer) to create the Family group , so you can add your current account as Child,
    then make the privacy changes, after you're done, you remove yourself from the Family through the Parent account.

If you don't have a second account I suggest that you create one.
  6. Mister Cizl Win User

? Re parental controls over sons account

Hey ChiefHealer187! To get yourself parental controls you will need to either be added as an adult to the current family or have the current parent account remove the child from their family so they can be added to yours. If the child is removed they will
    not be able to access the Xbox Live service until they are added to another family. For more information on removing family members check the

Remove a Family Member page. Thanks!
Thema:

1. Is possible to make a child account independent by removing the parent account or adding a... - Similar Threads - possible child account

2. Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?: Recently bought a Razer Blackshark v2 X usb mic for my Xbox. Didn’t realise it was usb until after I had bought it. I was wondering if there is any possibility at all that I can use it with my...
  3. Is it possible to get a refund?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to get a refund?: I gifted my friend a game without paying attention to the fact that it was only available for Xbox series s/x. So not only can't they play but they already redeemed the code. Is there no other way...
  4. Is it possible to get my home xbox switch back?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to get my home xbox switch back?: i accidentally used my last switch when my friend tried switching my xbox to his home. now i have no more switches and cannot play any of the games i previously could, could i possibly get a...
  5. How do I add a shortcut for Microsoft rewards on the Xbox? Single button press possible?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I add a shortcut for Microsoft rewards on the Xbox? Single button press possible?: How do I add a shortcut to the Microsoft Rewards screen/hub on the Xbox? I find the current process to go to the new Rewards hub in the profile too cumbersome resulting in too many button...
  6. Is it possible to make a xbox partition of an external drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to make a xbox partition of an external drive: I have a 2TB external drive that I use on my xbox. I want to have roughly 500GB of it partitioned so that I can use it on my Windows PC(NTFS) and the rest partitioned so I can use it on my xbox...
  7. pls add possibility to rate games

in XboX Insiders
    pls add possibility to rate games: So many times i am alway wanna watch for opinons of other players or just wanna rate a game i had fun with but theres still nothing to do that :c submitted by /u/HikingVikingStriking [link]...
  8. possible issues with Series X internet interruption while updating

in XBoX on Consoles
    possible issues with Series X internet interruption while updating: I have a fairly new Xbox Series X and I have it directly plugged in via ethernet cable and I use our family router. The internet belongs to my Dad and he often unplugs it at night. My concern is...
  9. Crossplay Minecraft - PS4 + PC - is LAN possible in 2024?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Crossplay Minecraft - PS4 + PC - is LAN possible in 2024?: We've got a PS4 and PC, and wish to crossplay on a private server without buying a PS Plus subscription.. Is playing via LAN still possible (I found it on 2022 posts)? I've tried all the...
  10. Is it possible to change an adult account to a child account on X Box?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to change an adult account to a child account on X Box?: Hello, When my son started using his Xbox, he created his profil using my Microsoft account. However, I cannot use the parental control on the Xbox because the only account is an adult account....