Is Need for speed worth it at 35.99 price tag?

Discus and support Is Need for speed worth it at 35.99 price tag? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; As title states. Considering all the cons the game has and the boycott by a large chunk of the nfs fanbase. Due to always online mainly. Do you guys... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by InfiXeno, Nov 19, 2015.

1. InfiXeno
    InfiXeno Guest

As title states. Considering all the cons the game has and the boycott by a large chunk of the nfs fanbase. Due to always online mainly. Do you guys think it's worth it for 35.99? The game still looks sick though and I don't really mind being always online
    to play. But i'd still prefer it better without that feature.

:)

InfiXeno, Nov 19, 2015
  2. Ooh im good
    Ooh im good Guest
    Some good prices for xboxone games....

Not sure how many here use SimplyPlay, but they have some really good prices for Xbone games right now

http://www.shopplay.co.uk/games/xbox-one.html

Forza 5 £35.99

Titanfall (didgital download) £34.99

Need for speed rivals £35.99

Battefield 4 £35.99

An a few other offers

Ooh im good, Nov 19, 2015
  3. kingvas78
    kingvas78 Guest
    Outlast on Game Store!

@24....... IMHO TR is worth the $60 full price, at $35.99 still a heck of a deal..... great game!

kingvas78, Nov 19, 2015
  4. Is Need for speed worth it at 35.99 price tag?

Well, if you're ability to be online is an issue I'd not consider it, but being online is almost an essential aspect of gaming these days. If it's not an issue for you now I wouldn't let it worry you.

That being said, the game is $36 now, will probably be in the EA Access Vault by summer. You can pay $30 now for a year subscription to EA Access, get to play all the games offered there like Need For Speed Rivals, Titanfall, Battlefield 4 and Hardline,
    Dragon Age Inquisition, Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare, Fifa, Madden NFL, NBA, UFC, PGA, whatever, and all that good stuff, or you can just pay $5/month but it's twice as much than an annual subscription.

xDamnYouSalazar, Nov 19, 2015
  5. InfiXeno
    InfiXeno Guest
    But if i pay for EA access. After my subscription ends I wouldn't be able to play the games anymore. So how is it more worthwhile compared to the permanently owned 35.99 need for speed. I know it's many games versus one game. Would really like to hear thoughts
    about this.

InfiXeno, Nov 19, 2015
  6. maxen
    maxen Guest
    I liked Need for Speed, and I played 9 of the 10 hours included in the EA Access trial, but I'm not sure I would pay £33 (current UK discounted price, roughly $50) for it, but the US Store price of $36 is not so bad.

Initially I thought it was a little daft, but the more I played the more it grew on me. As a relaxed, silly racer it's good fun. If all you want to do is go fast and throw the car's tail-end out in every corner, you'll like it. The cut-scenes and "story"
    are a little cringe-worthy and I've heard the story's end is anti-climactic, but it's all oddly endearing.

The customisation is pretty good, too, and often overlooked. You'll add a bunch of performance parts which boost your stats, which is often a laborious process (no easy way to see what's newly-unlocked other than going through every single component), but
    the fine-tuning of the car's handling is immensely rewarding and has a satisfying impact on the car's handling.

The variety of different cars available is truly limited, but, as the game alludes to in its opening scenes, you won't care too much because it's all about making your car *your* car. For the entire time I played, I used one car for everything except two
    events (I needed a less powerful car and found it easier to buy a new Golf and throw performance parts at it until it met the event requirements). And, truthfully, that car that I spent the whole game felt very different at the end than when I began with it;
    thanks to the performance upgrades, and the fine-tuning available, it really was a different beast to drive.

I wanted to dislike the game, and trust me it has many faults and there are many things to dislike, but as a whole package it's oddly endearing and I think it works. For $36, it's not a bad deal if all you want is to drive around at high speeds with a stupidly
    wide grin plastered across your face, because that's what it's all about.

maxen, Nov 1, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: