Is My Xbox Series S hardware defective? I'm getting low fps on games that should be 60.

Discus and support Is My Xbox Series S hardware defective? I'm getting low fps on games that should be 60. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm dissapointed with the brand new, boxed xbox series s I got for christmas. All my games were looking fine until I tried gears 5. The single player... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by cdd cdd, Jan 2, 2023.

1. cdd cdd
    cdd cdd Guest

Is My Xbox Series S hardware defective? I'm getting low fps on games that should be 60.

I'm dissapointed with the brand new, boxed xbox series s I got for christmas. All my games were looking fine until I tried gears 5. The single player campaign felt mediocre, with fps drops and some mild stuttering. I looked at the performance online, and the game is supposed to be locked at 60, yet to me it felt like 60-40. Another game that dropped frames for me was Back 4 Blood.

Then I tried some Xbox 360 games with fps boost on, and they all felt terrible. Gears 3 horde mode on splitscreen dropped to like 20 fps. I played Mirror's Edge next, this one feels like 30 or below if I look at anything other than my feet or the sky! Clearing the local Xbox 360 storage and enabling performance mode in xbox one settings didn't help.

Now, there is something that leads me to believe that my xbox is not hardware defective. On rainbow six Siege you can enable a framerate counter and unlock the fps, even if your tv cannot show beyond 60. I was getting minimun 66 fps on quality mode and minimun 130 fps on performance mode.

My console is also well ventilated, according to all the instructions from here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/console/position-ventilate-console#:~:text=Place%20the%20console%20in%20a,top%20right%20of%20your%20console. Even waiting for the console to cool down and then testing the games doesn't have any effect.

:)

cdd cdd, Jan 2, 2023
  2. MohannedHossam Win User

Dying Light 2 only 30 fps on Series S... What a disgrace!

definitely it's poor optimisation i think they made the game in last gen hardware whch it's so obivious i will tell you why first on series x and ps5 it runs on 1080p 60 fps which it's crazy these both console should run at least at 1440p 60 fps or 4k 60 idon't pay 500$ for console which it runs at 1080p 60 fps because iknow that series x and ps5 are so powerful

xbox one x run this game 1080p at 30 fps which it's good because it's old consloe and it's amazing that this console run 30 fps 1080p with good graphics so if the one x runs at 1080p 30fps then the series s should run 1080p 60 fps or 1440p 30 fps the architecture of this series s is way better than the one x so i think the problem is from developers
  3. clifford slug Win User

Dying Light 2 only 30 fps on Series S... What a disgrace!

I 100% agree with your main argument that games should be delayed if they need to be. The danger with having a less powerful console like the Series S is that developers will not put as much time into getting the best out of it, with them concentrating mainly on the technically superior Series X and PS5. It's up to Microsoft to keep the 1080p 60 fps dream alive and to insist that developers use the full potential of the Series S! Indeed, if Techland need help, Microsoft's boffins should step in and do that.

This year has a lot of releases, and will define what the future for Series S will be like. I've heard that Elden Ring might get a 60 fps performance mode on Series S, but since the release of Dying Light 2, I find myself doubting what I'm told. What about Stalker 2? I'm finding it hard to imagine that game would get a 60 fps mode on Series S. We'll just have to wait and see. Anyway, thanks for your feedback, and you're right; it's up to the gamers to make their voices heard!

Best Wishes from !
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Backwards compatibility only going forward on series s/x?

Hi,

Original Xbox and Xbox 360 BC for both Xbox One and Series X|S consoles has been suspended. There are no current plans to release any more older titles to these platforms.

The Series X|S consoles are fully BC with all Xbox One games (with the exception of Kinect titles) and all of the original Xbox and 360 tiles that were made BC for Xbox One. That's over 2,000 games.

The BC team are currently working on FPS boost for the Series X|S consoles. FPS boost takes certain Xbox One games that were locked at 30 or 60 fps and upping the frame rate to 60 fps (for 30 fps titles) and up to 120 fps for 60 fps games.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox cloud gaming on Series S powered by Series X

Xbox Cloud gaming servers were upgraded to Series X hardware some time ago, and games are streamed from those servers in 720p and 60 fps if the game supports it. Since the cloud streaming only gives 720p and 60 fps, which is less than the Series S, then you are getting a difference in graphics when using the console.

Microsoft are testing streaming in 1080p though, so hopefully, when 1080p streaming starts, there won't be much of a difference in graphics whatever you use.
  6. Lei Fang DOAX3 Win User

Halo 2 Anniversary Campaign Might not be 1080p

Hello "ZTROOPER16" :)

Honestly, I would rather that the developers focus on getting Xbox One games to always be 720p @ 60fps instead of 1080p @ 60 fps.

Then, and only then should they (the developers) attempt to make a game 1080p @ 60 fps.

Please understand that I'm not against having 1080p @ 60 fps at all, its just that I'm under the impression that developers are so focused on making their game(s) run at 1080p @ 60 fps that the rest of that game(s) ends up suffering as a result of it.

Besides, I'm pretty sure that as far as consumer issues goes, gamers would be much more forgiving with a game that runs perfectly with 720p @ 60 fps as opposed to a game with 1080p & really choppy / unresponsive controls.

Have a nice day or afternoon or night everyone :)
Thema:

1. Is My Xbox Series S hardware defective? I'm getting low fps on games that should be 60. - Similar Threads - Series hardware defective

2. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  3. Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light: I recently tried connecting my Xbox series S to a acer k272hl and every time I connect the cable it says NO SIGNAL, then the light goes yellow. Then it just repeats forever. I tried three...
  4. Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?: Recently bought a Razer Blackshark v2 X usb mic for my Xbox. Didn’t realise it was usb until after I had bought it. I was wondering if there is any possibility at all that I can use it with my...
  5. How to disable series s hardware to have it not turn on.

in XboX Insiders
    How to disable series s hardware to have it not turn on.: So long story short my friend borrowed my Series S when I went out of town for few weeks and now he is just not giving it back. He just keeps saying give him few days, it has been so long and I...
  6. Will there be a X box Series X Pro with upgraded Hardware and performance?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will there be a X box Series X Pro with upgraded Hardware and performance?: I’m sure you are aware of some of the social media outrage over the new speculated X Box. As someone who is planning to join the X Box community soon I am sort of disappointed in the leaks. This...
  7. Can happen xbox one x to be able as series x? What demand be add software or hardware? Just...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can happen xbox one x to be able as series x? What demand be add software or hardware? Just...: Questions to xbox team and fans! My understanding I bought used xbox one x, I was thought if I found how to be overclock or other softwares xbox one x to be able near as series x? What demand be...
  8. Known Hardware Issue with Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Known Hardware Issue with Series X?: Before I file a BBB complaint, file an official complaint with the Washington State AG office, and seek legal advice regarding class action, I'm going to throw this out for discussion. My Xbox...
  9. What is happening with the Series X Hardware suddenly?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is happening with the Series X Hardware suddenly?: What the actual hell is going on with the Xbox Series X hardware all of a sudden? It is a $500, noisy center piece that lights up is what it is now, basically. It can’t even hold an internet...
  10. Hardware issue and update for my series s

in XboX Insiders
    Hardware issue and update for my series s: Hey guys i want help so bad I've talked to xbox support many time yet they didn't help at all my issue is i have series s with update problem which is when an update drop i click update like...