Is my Xbox One S done for?

Discus and support Is my Xbox One S done for? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox one s has all of the sudden started to not even boot up anymore. I will be stuck on the green Xbox screen for some time, then maybe a white... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Zane B98, Apr 9, 2024.

1. Zane B98
    Zane B98 Guest

My Xbox one s has all of the sudden started to not even boot up anymore. I will be stuck on the green Xbox screen for some time, then maybe a white loading screen for a few minutes or sometimes straight to a blank black screen where it will stay indefinitely. There are times it will load up the home menu but without the ability to do anything as it doesn’t show apps or even respond to input. I have tried changing power source outlets, restart/resetting, factory resetting which worked initially right after only once yet the next day I am having the same issues as before, and I took apart and cleaned the dust but with no change in the issue. I am wondering if it is an issue with something tied to the circuit board and if so what could it potentially be? Consoles that are brand new aren’t $200 anymore so not keen on the idea of upgrading just yet if not necessary. Maybe when GTA 6 finally releases.

:)

Zane B98, Apr 9, 2024
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Zane! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox One S console.

Based on your description of the green/black screen error, usually, this happens due to the console's corrupted system software.

Since the factory reset didn't work, you can try to perform an Offline System Update according to the official Xbox website: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/console/offline-system-update">https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/console/offline-system-update

"To use the Offline System Update, you'll need:

A Windows-based PC with an Internet connection and a USB port
    A USB flash drive with a minimum 6 GB of space formatted as NTFS"

If you have the following requirements, please follow the detailed instructions to perform OSU for Xbox Series X through the link below:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/console/offline-system-update

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. MichaelAdcock1 Win User

Xbox microphone issues continued

Done that its itt the account it works fine on my xbox one s but dosnt work right on my x
  4. MDG o CROWN o Win User

Extending Xbox One Kinect Sensor Over USB

it can be done but only with the version of xbox one s and x
  5. Mark Nussbaumer Win User

I can't connect to the call of duty black ops 3 servers I can only play local and I have xbox live

Thanks Mason but I've already done that. So I traded my Xbox One S for an Xbox Series X and not a problem at all.

Thanks again

Mark
  6. DennisKersten Win User

Quantum Break is Broken, Textures are ugly, Bug or Hardware problem?

Hi MVP,

I already have done a full reset of my Xbox one S, even deleted all data and it didn't work.
Thema:

1. Is my Xbox One S done for? - Similar Threads - done

2. My downloads have suddenly stopped I have done hard reset too in my xbox one but nothing is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My downloads have suddenly stopped I have done hard reset too in my xbox one but nothing is...: My downloads have suddenly stopped I have done hard reset too but nothing is working please help me a7c364c5-8e00-42a3-9d5e-1e2e8ffda0f3
  3. I've done a full factory reset and want to play my games offline however I can't set my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've done a full factory reset and want to play my games offline however I can't set my...: I've been having connection issues so I did a full factory reset. It's not allowing me to play my games offline. I haven't even used the 'home' Xbox feature as far as I know and yet it won't allow...
  4. Does anybody know what can be done about trying to get back refunds for charges that are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anybody know what can be done about trying to get back refunds for charges that are...: Microsoft replied back via email saying, "We double checked your account and found it's not eligible for a refund. REASON: There are no charges on your account and other account matching the...
  5. Xbox pops up not showing when recording is done.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox pops up not showing when recording is done.: Hi I am having issues with recording to an external hard drive that is a WD Xbox 500 GB. Sometimes when the recording is done the pop-up doesn't show and when I check the video in the media...
  6. I've done all the steps and it still wont let me reply or make a group

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I've done all the steps and it still wont let me reply or make a group: it won't let me make or reply to groups even though I did all the things it told me to do 70db31d5-bf8a-4594-b5f6-e886e38f2021
  7. I had a repaire done on an elite 2 controller it was returned …still broken and with...

in XBoX on Windows
    I had a repaire done on an elite 2 controller it was returned …still broken and with...: In December of 2023 I purchased and elite 2 controller and by mid April 24 it was broken. The sticks drift and get stuck making it impossible to play. It was “repaired” under warranty. I received...
  8. My xbox 1 x takes 30 minutes on the xbox load screen and even after it done loading and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 1 x takes 30 minutes on the xbox load screen and even after it done loading and...: My xbox 1 x it has an issue it take 20 min on xbox load screen and 30 min after it's done loading it's a black screen and when I try to play anything the console sh uts off and idk what is the...
  9. You banned me WRONGFULLY. And you won’t let me appeal even though I’ve done nothing wrong....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    You banned me WRONGFULLY. And you won’t let me appeal even though I’ve done nothing wrong....: I have proof in screenshots. But you refuse to be contacted. Unban me and make this up to me now please. 33b8b51c-a2ad-45da-84ce-3ec8b8555ed7
  10. Got a message pop up with suspension but I've done nothing the only person I've messaged is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Got a message pop up with suspension but I've done nothing the only person I've messaged is...: Got a message pop up with suspension but I've done nothing the only message I've sent is to a close friend I've not posted in in-game chat so I don't know what I have done to get this ban. No...