Is my Series X wifi faster when plugged in via Ethernet to a Google wifi puck, or...

Discus and support Is my Series X wifi faster when plugged in via Ethernet to a Google wifi puck, or... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Basically title. What are the differences between the two connections? Which would be faster? 1d3c8e9e-76c8-4e26-9000-593a4684f141 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kottonz, Feb 19, 2024.

1. Kottonz
    Kottonz Guest

Is my Series X wifi faster when plugged in via Ethernet to a Google wifi puck, or...

Basically title.

What are the differences between the two connections? Which would be faster?

:)

Kottonz, Feb 19, 2024
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Is my Series X wifi faster when plugged in via Ethernet to a Google wifi puck, or connecting via wifi itself?

Hi there! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

To answer your inquiry, according to several users who answered a similar issue from a thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxSeriesX/comments/jq6t4n/wifi_or_wired_connection/

Demonking3343

"I heard wired is slight faster than wifi as well"

squashywashy

"I agree, you just can't beat the stability and reliability you get with a wired connection. Too many times I've been in the middle of a match and experienced a dropped connection using WiFi. I went the ethernet route after and never went back to WiFi when it came to gaming."

"Wired will always be better than wireless for a variety of reasons. Might change sometime in the future with new tech but always wired if possible."

Note/Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I highly recommend you connect your Xbox console to your router using an Ethernet cable for optimal performance.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. M'taler Win User

Download Speed

I already am connected to Ethernet, it's my laptop who is in WIFI.

I know that WIFi is less "powerfull" than ethernet that why i'm surprise that my laptop in WIFI is faster than my Xbox in Ethernet.
  4. TommyWilson8 Win User

Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting

I have one Xbox (Series X) wired via Ethernet. I can play on WiFi with no disconnects but I prefer a wired connection for gaming.
  5. NickD54 Win User

My xbox series s download speed low and I can't play my 2k without getting kicc out the game because on lagging

Have the issue on my series x under WiFi , all my other devices are fine but when I use the series x under 2.4gh it’s really bad lag and 5gh is better but still laggy, only solution that I found right now is to use Ethernet and completely disconnect WiFi. Hope this helps!
  6. House of Farts Win User

New Xbox One S user. Having trouble connecting to the internet. Weird problems

Got WiFi to work.

Really weird. Have to not have an ethernet cable plugged in before you turn it on. Connects to wiFi in my room. But check this video I made when I plug an ethernet cable in:
Thema:

1. Is my Series X wifi faster when plugged in via Ethernet to a Google wifi puck, or... - Similar Threads - Series wifi faster

2. Series X disconnects from WiFi every 5-10 minutes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X disconnects from WiFi every 5-10 minutes: Hi I’m having a problem with my Xbox series x. Every 5-10 minutes my internet disconnects and then reconnects instantly but it’s just enough time for me to get kicked out of whatever online game...
  3. I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...: Won't connect after I just bought it and I have already done the basics, could it not be getting enough power? a1ef56d7-a2ae-434d-abab-b74dac6e2515
  4. my xbox series x will not connect to home wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox series x will not connect to home wifi: my xbox series x is being a huge hassle right now. it connects to my phone hotspot just fine but it says my password for my home wifi is wrong when its not! my phone and laptop both easily...
  5. Why do I have to factory reset my series x every time to get it to connect to wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to factory reset my series x every time to get it to connect to wifi?: I purchased a new Xbox series X for my son‘s birthday on April 6. For a couple of weeks everything was fine, but for the last 5 to 6 weeks in order to connect to our Wi-Fi, I have to factory reset...
  6. My Microsoft X-box Series S suddenly stopped connecting to our home wifi network. Help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Microsoft X-box Series S suddenly stopped connecting to our home wifi network. Help?: Our home wifi seems to work with phones, laptops, etc...but it just stopped allowing my X-Box Series S to connect. Cannot figure out way and have tried all the steps I can find recommended....
  7. Is my Xbox Series X wifi card faulty?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is my Xbox Series X wifi card faulty?: My xbox will not hold a stable connection to the wifi hotspot. No settings have been changed. It does not allow me to sign in to any profile. Keeps saying network error/need to be connected to the...
  8. Controller sync button is unresponsive and console doesn't see wifi networks on Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sync button is unresponsive and console doesn't see wifi networks on Xbox series S: I spilt a cup of hot cocoa into the fan of my Xbox series S console. I took it apart and cleaned everything off, including the fan and heat sink. I used 99% isopropyl alcohol so that the...
  9. My series s won't download updates on my WiFi but will with my hotspot and neither reseting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series s won't download updates on my WiFi but will with my hotspot and neither reseting...: My series s won't work with my WiFi suddenly and even after reseting both while keeping games and not I am met with the same problem 727cbde5-cc60-4900-8435-ddb8c64acc0d
  10. Why doesn’t my Xbox series s connect to xfinity wifi I tried to login and it doesn’t allow...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn’t my Xbox series s connect to xfinity wifi I tried to login and it doesn’t allow...: I dont understand why my Xbox won’t connect to my via network 0540cb0c-6d58-4834-b2ea-cf0f37fd08f3