Is my series s supposed to get this hot?

Discus and support Is my series s supposed to get this hot? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've read around that the series s does get quite hot. Mines out in the open its lying flat but if i touch the black screen it seem very hot which is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gojyox, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Gojyox
    Gojyox Guest

I've read around that the series s does get quite hot. Mines out in the open its lying flat but if i touch the black screen it seem very hot which is just something that is making me paranoid. Its so hot that i'd expect the fan to be going a little crazy,
    which i would be ok with...but the fan is casually blowing out of the black vent you can barley feel the air...is that normal?

Edit: found this -

"Appropriately, the Xbox Series S with its less-powerful components is the coolest out of the three. The SoC die size is measured at
    197.05 mm², the cooling fan is 120 mm x 14 mm, and the supposed temperatures are “estimate” 47 °C/116 °F and “peak” 58 °C/136 °F. "

so im guessing that its normal? still I would be a bit more relived if the fan felt liek it was doing more even if it was a bit more noisy but thats just my opinion...i guess noisy fan isnt something people like.

Source for quote: https://www.notebookcheck.net/PlayStation-5-runs-hotter-than-the-Xbox-Series-X-with-the-PS5-peaking-at-65-C-149-F-according-to-unconfirmed-report.497645.0.html

:)

Gojyox, Jan 6, 2021
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: