Is Microsoft ever going to address the fact that they sold and shipped thousands of faulty...

Discus and support Is Microsoft ever going to address the fact that they sold and shipped thousands of faulty... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I see the same issue on all different game forums (2042, madden, dark souls, and now STARFIELD). Customers being told to do the same BS copy paste... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by y u3, Sep 1, 2023.

1. y u3
    y u3 Guest

Is Microsoft ever going to address the fact that they sold and shipped thousands of faulty...

I see the same issue on all different game forums (2042, madden, dark souls, and now STARFIELD). Customers being told to do the same BS copy paste checklist nonsense to attempt to fix their console hard crashing mid game and shutting down. Most of the people with these issues have first wave Series Xs. Many were told it was the game they were playing that was the issue, and maybe luckily for microsoft this was enough to push those annoyed customers out of warranty date, but now its becoming obvious this is not a fault of game devs but in fact a fault on microsoft and the consoles they sold. This is a common issue that is not getting any traction whatsoever and leaving many people sh** out of luck when it comes time to play new, long anticipated titles.

We deserve answers as paying customers as to why the Series X consoles we were sold cannot handle modern games and hard crash and shut down CONSTANTLY. This is not acceptable and I suspect there are going to be a lot of angry people in the coming days when they find out that Starfield, is another one of those titles that causes hard crashes -20 minutes into a gaming session.

:)

y u3, Sep 1, 2023
  2. Sun Khou Win User

Is Microsoft ever going to address the fact that they sold and shipped thousands of faulty consoles?

Hello

We do understand, how important this particular matter to you. That is why to get the most out of your time, we encourage you to contact the live support team about this.

In order for you to get the most possible options that you can try and to discuss with them your concern about this matter.

You can contact them directly by following the steps provided down below:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the lists.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".

Should you be encountering issues contacting support, you may try InPrivate Window of your browser, other browser, different device/s or connect to different network.

Hope this helps,

Sincerely

Khou Sun

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. y u3 Win User

Is Microsoft ever going to address the fact that they sold and shipped thousands of faulty consoles?

None of this gets around the fact I was sold a BROKEN CONSOLE and being forced to pay over half the price to get it fixed, warranties should be extended for those expieriencing this issue. It's happening much more frequently as more modern and demanding titles come out down the road and we cant play ANY of them without this happening. It's **** BS honestly.
  4. Sun Khou Win User

Hi y u3

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Upon reading the description you have posted, it seems that you have an issue with Xbox wherein you want to know why your Xbox series X console keeps crashing for around 20 minutes in game session preventing you from playing high rated modern games such as Starfield on your Xbox series X console.

We very much understand how it feels getting obliterated and crushed for not being able to play High titled games such as Starfield on a capable device such as Xbox series X. That is why we would like to get to the bottom of this problem and provide you with the most possible options you need to try.

Let’s work together in finding the best solution to this issue.

For me to better understand the issue, I’d like to ask a few questions:

• When did this issue occurred?

• When was the last time you were able to play Starfield on your Xbox series X without any problems?

• Base on your observation, how many games have you already played on your Xbox console that gave the exact same problem. Aside from the one's that you have already mentioned?

In the meantime, we would like you to try contacting the Xbox live support team. In order for you to get a real time support agent. Who can assist you further with this matter. As they have the necessary tools to help you fix this kind of issues.

You can contact them by following the steps provided down below:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the lists.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".

Should you be encountering issues contacting support, you may try InPrivate Window of your browser, other browser, different device/s or connect to different network.

Or you can also try to use the Report a problem option.

Here's how:

1. Press and hold the Xbox button , and then select Report a problem to launch the Report a Problem app.
    2. Select Report new problem.
    3. If you’re experiencing an audio or video issue, you can provide additional info and diagnostics to your problem report by selecting Reproduce with advanced diagnostics. Otherwise select Continue with standard diagnostics.

Note If you select Reproduce with advanced diagnostics, continue with the instructions that are found in the section, “Report a problem with media tracing.”
    4. Choose the most appropriate category and subcategory from each dropdown. If you’re not sure what to choose, make your best guess.
    5. If you have a screenshot or game clip with your issue, ensure that Include screenshot or Include game clip is selected.
    6. You may be prompted to complete your report another way:
      • If you select Use another device, you can use your mobile device to scan the provided QR code and continue from your device. This is helpful if your problem report has a lot of details that typing with the virtual keyboard on console may prove difficult.
      • If you select Continue on console, you can continue through the steps in this section to submit your issue from your Xbox console. You can use a USB keyboard, the Xbox Chatpad, or the Xbox app on your mobile or Windows device to submit the details of your report.

Note If you’re using a virtual assistant such as Cortana or Alexa, bring up the keyboard for each text field, and then press the View button to use voice-to-text.
    7. Enter a short title for your issue.
    8. Enter a description of your issue. Consider the following questions when deciding what details to include:
      • What is the problem or unexpected behavior?
      • What steps did you take to encounter the problem?
      • What additional software, hardware, or accessories were you using when you encountered the problem?
      • Were there any specific error codes or messages you saw when you encountered the problem or behavior? If so, what did it say?
    9. Select Submit. It can take several seconds for your problem report to send.

Referenced link: Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support

Let me know if this helps,

Sincerely

Khou Sun

5. Sun Khou Win User

Hello

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely

Khou Sun

6. NEO JEDI 7 Win User

Pixels are appearing on my home screen

I am warranting through Microsoft not where I bought it. If they sold them a faulty box then Microsoft is to blame. I know the gamestop I go to is completly sold out and won't be getting anytime soon
Thema:

1. Is Microsoft ever going to address the fact that they sold and shipped thousands of faulty... - Similar Threads - Microsoft ever going

2. I need help. I'm trying to connect to my switch with my Microsoft account but when ever I...

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help. I'm trying to connect to my switch with my Microsoft account but when ever I...: I need help. I'm trying to connect to my switch with my Microsoft account but when ever I finish filling it out it takes me to an Xbox 8aa6ace2-1a33-4507-9e50-62116a14af83
  3. Ever since updating Microsoft Word Games, about two weeks ago, It takes forever for it to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ever since updating Microsoft Word Games, about two weeks ago, It takes forever for it to...: Ever since updating Microsoft Word Games, about two weeks ago, It takes forever for it to open. This morning it keeps closing out on its own. I think I'm done with MUWG....
  4. Will Xbox or Microsoft ever listen to the Xbox insider community

in XBoX on Windows
    Will Xbox or Microsoft ever listen to the Xbox insider community: Will the Xbox insider community ever get what we want? We all ask and agree for the same things we all want usb audio and mic support, less ads, different home layouts we all agree on wanting the...
  5. Will Shark Dash Ever be Added back to the Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will Shark Dash Ever be Added back to the Microsoft Store: Shark Dash Hasn't been on the Windows 10 store for a while. I don't want to install an emulator to play a game that was release on Windows years ago because I can't find it anywhere. I've checked...
  6. Do Microsoft rewards support ever reply

in XBoX Accessibility
    Do Microsoft rewards support ever reply: I have sent 6 messages to Microsoft Rewards over the last 2 months about points not tracking and have yet to receive a reply. Is their que really 2 months behind or have they just stopped...
  7. Will Microsoft ever re-enable the ability to access local files and save images on Xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    Will Microsoft ever re-enable the ability to access local files and save images on Xbox...: I am physically disabled and can't use a computer or any alternate devices. So, Xbox and the Microsoft Edge app was really my only way to accessibly post game clips and screenshots on social media...
  8. Will Microsoft Rewards ever add new rewards in Algeria ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will Microsoft Rewards ever add new rewards in Algeria ?: I love grinding the Microsoft Rewards points, but the Rewards aren't that much enthusiastic. I would really love if you would like to add more rewards or at least the Microsoft store credit. And...
  9. Has anybody ever had game traffic being sent to Ireland. Microsoft Limited great Britain.....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anybody ever had game traffic being sent to Ireland. Microsoft Limited great Britain.....: I have traffic sent to Europe from Canada any help would be appreciated 700a8b02-df9e-4810-8ae5-b18fe364cf6d
  10. Does the Fable series ever go on sale on the digital microsoft/xbox store?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does the Fable series ever go on sale on the digital microsoft/xbox store?: Specifically fable 2 and 3 and their add ons? I didn't notice them on sale this black friday, I would think that if they ever go on sale then around this time of year would be it but unless I...